OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just saw Captain Marvel so finally popped into this thread....for a few days until I ban myself again. Thought the movie was ok, nothing great. No "wow" factor.

I did see some "ideas" on Phase 2. Said it's best to "start" the phase with more Earth villains. Said Kingpin in the Spidey movie would be good villain. Could have Dr.Doom as the Phase 2 Loki. The guy who is stirring up things across many different franchise movies. Could be the lead in to the re-introducing F4 the proper way. Could have X-Men introduced vs Avengers as the new Civil War....before coming together to take on Galactus. That could even be phase 3.

Just some things I saw, some good ideas for the next phases.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If they want to go big bad like Thanos for the next part, do you think they'll go Galactus?

I know GOTG 2 teased Adam Warlock, is he supposed to be a super villain?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Oh yeah! See, I too really don’t care for Hawkeye, Falcon, or Scarlett Johansson’s character. I like here, but could care less if her character dies. I like the ant-man movies too.

Tom Holland is a great Spider-Man. I will finally enjoy the movies now. I look forward to Homecoming after Endgame

The new Spiderman annoys the f*** out of me

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Yeah my wife got email notification and had em purchased seconds later. Only cost us a buck and change. Still had gift cards from Christmas
I heard they were more expensive than $15-20. A buddy of mine said he paid $52 inside the city believe it or not.

My gf is usually annoying like that and will play a joke up until it matters, but she wasn’t this time!

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
If they want to go big bad like Thanos for the next part, do you think they'll go Galactus?

I know GOTG 2 teased Adam Warlock, is he supposed to be a super villain?

Adam Warlock is not a super villan, he's a neutral kind of character that leans toward hero actually. He's a creation of the Soul gem in the comics, and is a supposed representation of the "perfect man" (with cosmic awareness).

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Adam Warlock is not a super villan, he's a neutral kind of character that leans toward hero actually. He's a creation of the Soul gem in the comics, and is a supposed representation of the "perfect man" (with cosmic awareness).

Thanks. I'm not crazy familiar with all of these. I figure they gotta lay the ground work for the new super bad.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks. I'm not crazy familiar with all of these. I figure they gotta lay the ground work for the new super bad.
Disclaimer: using comic knowledge to project movies, which is probably totally wrong.
Now that they have the Fox properties (X-Men, Fantastic Four), I have no idea who the big bad guy will be. Someone mentioned Galactus, he's not so much a villan as a force of nature. There's not an evil intent to his destruction, any more than a swarm of locust are evil. (But those make the best villans anyhow, complicated intents.)

Doctor Doom makes sense, there's a few others from the Fantastic Four line-up, the heralds of Galactus have often been good villans. But I think Spider-Man makes the most sense for a gallery of rogues to spin. With a lot of the Avengers actors stopping their contracts, the hero power level will likely drop. And if the heros are depowered, the villans come down a notch as well.
Baron Zemo and Hydra has been a big baddy (terrorism), and the Green Goblin & some Skrulls have been an over arching baddy (facism).

X-Men, good luck. It's such a convoluted story that's often been adjacent and non-interacting with the rest of the Marvel Universe until lately. Exceptions for Beast and Wolverine, who've crossed over to Avenger affiliation previously in the comics.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks has been done, as have the red skull, doctor doom, silver surfer(maybe galactus?), apocalypse, I think me sinister have all been done recently enough that I don’t think they chase that route.
They might try and make Onslaught, but that’s past my comic book knowledge and I don’t know if it was well received.
As far as the Spider-Man villains, he has fought variations of the sinister six countless times in the comics, so I don’t think they will be the big bad guy, but could make an appearance as a stepping stone.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Disclaimer: using comic knowledge to project movies, which is probably totally wrong.
Now that they have the Fox properties (X-Men, Fantastic Four), I have no idea who the big bad guy will be. Someone mentioned Galactus, he's not so much a villan as a force of nature. There's not an evil intent to his destruction, any more than a swarm of locust are evil. (But those make the best villans anyhow, complicated intents.)

Doctor Doom makes sense, there's a few others from the Fantastic Four line-up, the heralds of Galactus have often been good villans. But I think Spider-Man makes the most sense for a gallery of rogues to spin. With a lot of the Avengers actors stopping their contracts, the hero power level will likely drop. And if the heros are depowered, the villans come down a notch as well.
Baron Zemo and Hydra has been a big baddy (terrorism), and the Green Goblin & some Skrulls have been an over arching baddy (facism).

X-Men, good luck. It's such a convoluted story that's often been adjacent and non-interacting with the rest of the Marvel Universe until lately. Exceptions for Beast and Wolverine, who've crossed over to Avenger affiliation previously in the comics.

I would really like them to really make Doom a main villain moving forward...not just for the F4 but for other Marvel heroes.

Idk why but I kinda wanna see matthew mcconaughey play him.

Damn right I am!

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

He has a super-villian alter-ego though, the Magus.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
For anyone interested, I've been posting random scientific backgrounds/explanations for Marvel happenings on facebook as a way to quell my excitement, this is from today:

The Hulk is a perfect example of E=MC2 in action. As he becomes angry, energy courses through his body sufficiently enough to become transmutable with mass. It is what allows him to expand, growing larger, but also more dense.
Density here is important, because if he simply expanded, his weight distribution would essentially turn him into a giant balloon who’s arch-villain would be a stiff breeze.
Interesting side note: If a person like Bruce Banner existed on planet earth, his transformation alone would be a threat to all of man kind. The application of E=MC2 would turn all humans within close enough proximity into sterile beings with out the ability to reproduce.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I didn't want to go too far down the rabbit hole. Magus also has a female counter-part, Goddess, another off-shoot of Adam Warlock. Don't @ me, my comic game is on point, boxes of long boxes back that up. : P

used to be the same way...some of the good era of x-men..1st spawn..a lot of the first run of Image stuff

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The movie was entertaining, as stated. I wouldn't go as far as extremely satisfactory. There isn't a lot of charm to watch this movie as a stand-alone, it's clearly part of a franchise dependent on other movies to enjoy.

That said, it did what it set out to do, set the table for the next phase of Marvel's movie franchise. The endings for the characters that wanted out were competent and logical.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Really enjoyed the movie. The last part of the movie was definitely emotional. But I thought they did a real good job ending the arcs of the Avengers team.
I am just glad I remembered not to drink much with dinner before the movie

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Really enjoyed the movie. The last part of the movie was definitely emotional. But I thought they did a real good job ending the arcs of the Avengers team.
I am just glad I remembered not to drink much with dinner before the movie

Yeah I skipped a drink with my lunch, went right before it started, but still had to make one quick trip

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->