OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Cool tapes. They can do all the X-Men ones now because they own fox right? There's at least one "What if..." with Gambit!
This is probably the one show I won’t stay up-to-date with. I was never really interested in the comic line. The F4 and Spider-Man themed comics were very good.

I’m slightly upset they didn’t do a series surrounding the conquest of champions. That would have been fun.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
News coming out post Spiderman news isn't helping. Looks like Spiderman is legitimately gone from MCU.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Ms. Marvel has a lot of promise. I hope they don’t go safe with the style or direction.
Usually, after work and with my brother and his wife, we will go to a comic shop near his house on Wednesday because he gets his shipments of the new stuff that day.

My brother has everything- the first appearance of Spider-Man, the first appearance of Thanos, the first captain America, the first Ironman (yes he actually has it), and he just got the first appearance of sersi for the externals movie which the guy got for my brother.

This guy grew up in LA and knew Jack Kirby’s brother or family member. According to this guy...

I’m about to start a whole new conspiracy theory or timeline, lol...

This guy said Franklin Richards and Galactus cause the end of the MCU. He gave the guys timeline when Kirby created the F4 and his ideas for other characters.

I asked about Ms. Marvel. He had no idea who it was. Quite frankly, for as involved in that type of community as I am, I know nothing.

Anyone who actually has a good understanding (read the lines)... would you explain what she does/her purpose in the MCU. I’ve read her secret wars comic line and that’s what everyone points to, but that line can’t happen- F4 and X-men aren’t in the works yet, Kingpin and the beyonders haven’t had their solo or even a back story. Molecule man plays a big role and he hasn’t gotten his role yet.

Also, Apocalypse, Mister Sinister, Thanos, and Maestro, and Phoenix are the villains in her line!

Already- Apocalypse is dead, Jean gray left (there would be total disarray with Pryor becoming Jean fray with summers still alive ), Thanos is dead, Thor isn’t in our world (Utopolis- dr Doom tries to take it over, but is controlled by Thor and an army of Thor-like people), and the others have yet to be mentioned.

———
What will they do with her? She should’ve gotten her own movie to fully break her into the MCU rather than a show.

Reactions: Rebels57

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Re: Ms. Marvel

Her stand alone comics are good (they sold very well and she was a huge thing that year). Her vibe reminds me a bit of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but attuned to today. She is also a fan of superheroes. When she interacts with them, good times are had. Sort of how Tom Holland's Spiderman was smitten by individuals in The Avengers. They read pretty "fresh" if that means anything. Her powers are also fun. Shapeshifting a bit, which she calls 'embiggening.'

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Her stand alone comics are good (they sold very well and she was a huge thing that year). Her vibe reminds me a bit of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but attuned to today. She is also a fan of superheroes. When she interacts with them, good times are had. Sort of how Tom Holland's Spiderman was smitten by individuals in The Avengers. They read pretty "fresh" if that means anything. Her powers are also fun. Shapeshifting a bit, which she calls 'embiggening.'

Well, i'm sold. Love that series.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa

Marvel has a cartoon in which she and Squirrel Girl are the main protagonist. I enjoy it.

Reactions: Flyotes

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

'Embiggens' is a perfectly cromulent word.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just picked up Absolute Carnage #1 today after hearing great things

20190911_163117.jpg

Also picked up Immortal Hulk #1 which is supposedly straight up horror

20190911_163111.jpg

Reactions: CapnZin and Flyotes

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Spider-Man Will Stay in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

After briefly breaking up, Sony Pictures and Marvel have found a way to get back in the Spider-Man business together.

On Friday, the two companies jointly announced that Marvel Studios and its president, Kevin Feige, will produce the third film in the “Spider-Man: Homecoming” series. It will once again feature Tom Holland reprising his role as the title character. The rumor mill roared back to life this week with hints that the two companies were close to brokering a new agreement.

Over the summer, news broke that the Disney, Marvel’s parent company, and Sony had reached an impasse over a new financing deal. Disney wanted the film to be financed on a 50/50 basis with Feige remaining in a consulting producer capacity. Sony is believed to have proposed keeping the arrangement under the current terms, which stipulate that Marvel receives about 5% of first-dollar gross and all merchandising revenues.

The new deal was signed late on Thursday night. Negotiations involved top players from both studios, including Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman, Feige, and Walt Disney Studios head Alan Horn. In exchange for lending Feige’s producing prowess, Marvel and Disney will receive roughly 25% of the profits, according to insiders. Disney will retain its merchandising rights. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Common sense doesn't usually prevail these days - thankfully it did here. Hopefully it will continue past "one more film in the Marvel Universe."

Having said that:

DC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvel

I enjoy DC comics and love the Nolan Batman Trilogy, The DCEU since Snyder got involved has been mostly trash though. Not even remotely close to the quality of the MCU.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I enjoy DC comics and love the Nolan Batman Trilogy, The DCEU since Snyder got involved has been mostly trash though. Not even remotely close to the quality of the MCU.

Yeah, the movies are crap, but the characters and stories at DC are way better.

(It's not a fact or anything - they are both good in different ways for different people. I like the more serious, less joke-y nature of DC better.)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, the movies are crap, but the characters and stories at DC are way better.

(It's not a fact or anything - they are both good in different ways for different people. I like the more serious, less joke-y nature of DC better.)

I'm reading this new limited series by Marvel called Absolute Carnage and it's dark as f*** and really good. Spiderman and Venom teamup against a god-mode Carnage.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm reading this new limited series by Marvel called Absolute Carnage and it's dark as **** and really good. Spiderman and Venom teamup against a god-mode Carnage.

I can't read them anymore because I have a pretty addictive personality and I just Hoover up everything. In like 2007 I got super into the Countdown on DC and I was buying all of the related series, and then when I was in the shop I was of course buying all the Imagine titles (which are usually awesome). It's a very bad money pit for me.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I can't read them anymore because I have a pretty addictive personality and I just Hoover up everything. In like 2007 I got super into the Countdown on DC and I was buying all of the related series, and then when I was in the shop I was of course buying all the Imagine titles (which are usually awesome). It's a very bad money pit for me.

Have you done the online versions? You have access to a lot of material and the pricepoint is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad