OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Flyers' started by 1865, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Hollywood Couturier Shakira Stan

SB Cash:
    $ 200,011
    Fair enough, I meant Disney.

I despise Disney since they ruined my favorite franchise (Star Wars).

I'm definitely more casual than some people when it comes to Marvel but I have seen every movie. I just can't help but think the well oiled machine is over regardless, I just see them taking a dip with the "big hitters" being over. Personally I don't have nearly as much interest when it comes to this next phase and what they're putting out.

Again that's just me but I don't think that i'll be alone.

2. Flyotes Sorry Hinkie.

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Ivy League
    The next few phases should have X-Men introduced and Kamala Kahn at some point. I'm interested.

3. Deadpool8812 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Venom and Carnage movie rights are not owned by Disney...they belong to Sony.

The recent Disney purchase of Fox got them X-Men, including Deadpool. Spider-Man, which includes Venom and Carnage, still belong to Sony

4. CapnZin Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Hockey
    Are you sure the movie rights belong to them? If their rights are coupled under Spider-Mans rights then yes... they could use them. If not, they’ll have a hard time because they’ll have to change the story.

5. pit Unregistered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Sony Has Movie Rights to 900 Marvel Characters

Sony has the movie rights to Spider-Man and all related properties. They brokered a deal that let Spider-Man be part of the MCU, but they never relinquished any of their rights to any character.

Deadpool8812 likes this.
  6. CapnZin Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Hockey
    Gotcha, only thing that worries me is the date of that article. More movements have happened in the last year.

7. pit Unregistered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    I've not seen anything written that contradicts that but I can't say I follow these kind of proceedings that religiously. If you've seen something otherwise it would be good to read.

There is also this article from today: Sony says it has 7 years of Marvel and Spider-Man movies mapped out — here are the details

8. CapnZin Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Hockey
    Oh yeah, the 900 is made to seam like it’s really big, but it’s menial stuff. Most of those characters are people like the Vulture, Shockey, Rhino, Morbius and other lower complimentary characters. Namor is a bigger name under Sony, but I have my doubts. Based off of Marvels line, it would be so weird to see Hulk, Spider-Man, and so on in a different storyline. The only comic that comes to mind where they intertwine as just the two is when they fight each other.

While the characters are key, the storyline holds precedence. Sony won’t be able to play off the marvel line which really ramped up Spider-Man. They’re going to have to beat expectations for their own story by a lot in order for fans to be ok with it.

Robert Downey Jr. had a ~10 year contract. It makes sense that Holland has 7. I would’ve guessed a little longer, but 2 solos and maybe a cameo here and there is what we should expect in 7 years (maybe slightly longer) if the divorce holds.

9. The Madrigal Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Derelict
    So glad that Tony Stark decided to get back into the game and ultimately sacrifice himself from the guilt over Peter's death, only for him to dissapear from MCU.

Also so glad that the best spiderman BY FAR is no more. TM was decent as spiderman but if you watch those movies now his performance and the movies are overrated.

TASM movies with Garfield were total garbage.

Tom Holland was the perfect Spidey. Hopefully both sides of this greed fest get over themselves, but Sony is going to lose this battle either way. People are not going to line up for yet another SM reboot especially after it was finally done so well with Holland and the last two movies.

Rebels57 likes this.
  10. Deadpool8812 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Rumour is that Sony is likely to be purchased by one of the streaming platforms (Netflix?), and that would mean all the Marvel Characters owned by Sony would be returned to Marvel/Disney. I guess there is a clause from the original character purchase that if the company gets bought out, they lose the rights

11. Tripod Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Well then they will sell the characters back before being sold as a company.

I think they will come back and negotiate more and get things done.

But fwiw, characters like Black Panther, GOTG, etc... were not top guys and Marvel made them so with good movies. It will be interesting to see Phase 4 to see if that continues with Eternals, Shang Chi, etc..

Rebels57 likes this.
  12. Deadpool8812 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    It would depend on the clauses in the original purchase contract. There's likely something that says Sony can't actively shop the rights of the characters, and if they do, Marvel/Disney get first dibs. There could even be a clause that says Sony can't sell the rights to another company

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  13. Tripod Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    what I meant was...if Sony IS thinking of sell the whole company....then they will 1st sell back the characters to Marvel...not just give them back.

But in the meantime, I do think they work something out and Spidey is not gone from the MCU.

14. Deadpool8812 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    But if there's a clause in their contract that stipulates Sony can't sell the rights of the characters to any other company, Disney will have no reason to buy them back if Sony is being sold

15. youthoftoday Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Moon Knight on Disney+!!!!

Lotusflower and Rebels57 like this.
  16. Deadpool8812 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    She Hulk as well

Also, rumours that Disney and Sony have come to an agreement regarding Spider-Man. Reporting that Disney originally asked for 25%, not 50%

Rebels57 likes this.
  17. CapnZin Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Hockey
    7F2DE184-3C4A-41FF-B1D2-E6FF62FA35B0.jpeg
    Hmmm. Quite an interesting lineup. These series tie directly into the movies.

WandaVision is supposed to lead up to Dr Strange’s 2nd movie because they touch upon the unltraverse.

I, honestly, know nothing about Ms. Marvel. My guess is that it’s a movie to add in more ethnicities because I think she’s a Muslim inhuman if I’m not mistaking. I’m not surprised it’s there for diversity, however, from all friends that’s have read the actual series and from some big fans- the comic line is pretty bad and she doesn’t really tie in any significant way to the story line in the past, present, or even in the future besides participating in cross wars (I humans v X-men) and Civil War 2. I’m really interested to see why they can do with it. I love Captain Marvel and her ‘apprentice’ could take it to another level.

I’m excited for She-Hulk. She’s basically a similar Professor Hulk. Should be interesting to see what they do with her. She-Hulks biggest line is helping Spider-Man against the Daily Buggle, lol.

I don’t know a bunch about Moon Knight, so I’m interested in watching and learning.

18. Tripod Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Not sure I will like if the TV shows are a "must" see in order to watch the movies.

Duck Off likes this.
  19. Deadpool8812 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    I think some will, and some won't. Good chance Wonda-Vision and What If...won't be

20. Tripod Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    I just think the TV shows should further develop characters, have them do their own thing.

It would be like if Agents of Shield was a must watch for the past 5(?) years and if you opted out of it, you missed valuable info. Now I do think the TV shows should reference the movies/have tie in's...because I do think it's cool to do. I just don't think watching the shows should be a "must" in order to keep enjoying the MCU movie experience.

It's one thing to watch every MCU movie that comes out to keep up...but to do that AND watch at least 8 TV shows or miss out on something potentially important, is a bit much. That's all I am saying.

And I say this...as someone who has watched every episode of Shield, Gotham, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends O T, and Flash...lol.

WestrnPhlyr and Ruck Over like this.
  21. CapnZin Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Hockey
    ‘What-If’ doesn’t tie into the movies. That should be a known.

Wonda-Vision will. They touch on the multiverse and their release date (Spring 2021) comes out right before Dr. Strange 2. With Scarlett Witch playing a bigger role in Dr. Strange detailing the multiverse, it just shows that their show will play into it with Vision being “alive” in their show.

22. trostol By Grabthar's hammer... what a savings.

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    US Agent to be in Falcon and Winter Soldier...interesting to see if the dial him down some

23. DrinkFightFlyers Provolone & The Neck

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Do we know yet if "What if..." is going to be remakes of the comics or totally new stories?

24. CapnZin Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Hockey
    Probably a bit of both. They’ve already announced a couple: Peggy Carter as Captain America instead of Steve Rogers, A sans Chris Pratt Star Lord that gets the Power Stone, Bucky Barnes fighting Zombie Capn.

It will be 23 episodes for 23 movies... they’re just changing one major plot point. Almost every actor returns (don’t know about Robert Downey Jr. or Chris Evans)

12B034A6-4CBA-4FAD-AC11-00DCDDDBC17C.jpeg

Anything like... Spider-Man joining the F4, Avengers (Phase 1-4) fought the gods, Wolverine being lord vampire, or venom going into the punisher would just be speculation. They’re going to tie it into the movies, but I don’t think they’ll hold anything going into the other phases like that shows will.

Some of the ‘What if...?’ Scenarios have already played out/will in the future: Hulk having the brain of Bruce Banner, Jane Foster getting mjolnir (however you spell it), and a couple others.

DrinkFightFlyers likes this.
  25. DrinkFightFlyers Provolone & The Neck

SB Cash:
    $ 200,000
    Cool tapes. They can do all the X-Men ones now because they own fox right? There's at least one "What if..." with Gambit!