OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Quiksilver was such a sad underutilization in the MCU. His interactions with Hawkeye and the ending sacrifice made him compelling, but the cinematography used in days of future past and apocalypse are probably some of the most entertaining minutes in those movies—akin to when you first watched the matrix.

Bright spots in otherwise underwelming (DoFP) and awful (Apocalypse) movies.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Bright spots in otherwise underwelming (DoFP) and awful (Apocalypse) movies.
I enjoyed dofp. I definitely thing the first class actors cast as a whole was better than the original group. Fassbender is awesome. Even in apocalypse—the opening sequence with his family, the writers and him created a true monster in him based on the pain they made him endure.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
wait wait wait wait wait...

Are you saying they're going to do a crossover with the current Marvel/Avengers movies and the current X-Men movies/actors that have been going on for years?

Or are they starting the X-Men stuff over from scratch?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I enjoyed dofp. I definitely thing the first class actors cast as a whole was better than the original group. Fassbender is awesome. Even in apocalypse—the opening sequence with his family, the writers and him created a true monster in him based on the pain they made him endure.

DoFP was fine, but should have been way better based on the source material.

Apocalypse was doomed the second they chose to go with hokey makeup slapped on Oscar Isaac instead of CGI (like Thanos).

Reactions: Ruck Over

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Quiksilver was such a sad underutilization in the MCU. His interactions with Hawkeye and the ending sacrifice made him compelling, but the cinematography used in days of future past and apocalypse are probably some of the most entertaining minutes in those movies—akin to when you first watched the matrix.
I can’t type a reply because this website bugs out and then an ad pops up. I agree with your sentiment though!

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
wait wait wait wait wait...

Are you saying they're going to do a crossover with the current Marvel/Avengers movies and the current X-Men movies/actors that have been going on for years?

Or are they starting the X-Men stuff over from scratch?
Idk. The contracts haven’t even been written yet. My guess is Fassbender, Stewart, and Turner would be the only 3 looked at. Oscar Isaac is another one too for a different role.

X-men will be rebranded. Wolverine will be their biggest project since Jackman is too old and wants to stop.

We already know Deadpool is in a movie and will get one of his own once the rights are fully under Marvel, however, he may be rebranded which could ruin his line.
————
They’re going to focus on F4. Annihilation is a great comic line to look up a synopsis for and to familiarize yourself with going forward. Galactus is all but confirmed to be in the movies along with Dr. Doom as a main villain.

Expect a ‘Civial War’ type movie, but this is just personal speculation. I honestly have no idea how they’ll be introduced. Rebranding X-men could assemble a new team, too. Deadpool 2 introduced ‘X-Force’ which a funny line; all members die expect for Deadpool and domino.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Pretty sure Ryan Reynolds in the only one coming back and continuing to play his character in the MCU

Yeah I don't see them bringing any of the current X-Men into the MCU. Too much baggage and even as much as I enjoyed Fassbender and McAvoy as Magneto and Professor X, it's time for a fresh start.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
DoFP was fine, but should have been way better based on the source material.

Apocalypse was doomed the second they chose to go with hokey makeup slapped on Oscar Isaac instead of CGI (like Thanos).
Apocalypse really was the mutant (x-gene) version of Thanos. Ridiculously overpowered, not truly evil- but concerned with survival, often loses to his own hubris or shortsightedness (fault of both villans in the comics).

I like Oscar as an actor, he was wasted in that movie. Make-up can be a good thing, it feels as their should be a combo, close-up of the face = make-up, wide shot equals CGI.

I think back to the Indiana Jones movies, the original 3 had real life effects and were great. The last one was a CGI cluster-fest and it was wretched.

I think the best use of CGI has been the Hulk. Mark Ruffalo is Bruce, CGI is Hulk, it makes a lot of sense visually.

/incorrentrambling

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Idk. The contracts haven’t even been written yet. My guess is Fassbender, Stewart, and Turner would be the only 3 looked at. Oscar Isaac is another one too for a different role.

X-men will be rebranded. Wolverine will be their biggest project since Jackman is too old and wants to stop.

We already know Deadpool is in a movie and will get one of his own once the rights are fully under Marvel, however, he may be rebranded which could ruin his line.
————
They’re going to focus on F4. Annihilation is a great comic line to look up a synopsis for and to familiarize yourself with going forward. Galactus is all but confirmed to be in the movies along with Dr. Doom as a main villain.

Expect a ‘Civial War’ type movie, but this is just personal speculation. I honestly have no idea how they’ll be introduced. Rebranding X-men could assemble a new team, too. Deadpool 2 introduced ‘X-Force’ which a funny line; all members die expect for Deadpool and domino.
Cable isn't dead either. It'd be fun to have Brolin pull double duty in the MCU. Maybe Thanos and Cable in the same flick even. Because #chaos

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Thanos dead af lol
Only Uncle Ben is truly dead in the comics. What, with Bucky coming back to life and all. I mean hell, Super-Man beat death, I'm sure Thanos can too (because he has before, well, not beat Death, more like rejected by...).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Only Uncle Ben is truly dead in the comics. What, with Bucky coming back to life and all. I mean hell, Super-Man beat death, I'm sure Thanos can too (because he has before, well, not beat Death, more like rejected by...).

They won't bring him back
after Tony Stark died taking him out

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
They won't bring him back
after Tony Stark died taking him out
a) Not sure that needs a spoiler
2) Give it time. (Especially if they're doing an Eternals movie, it'd almost be a shame not to reinclude Thanos somehow, someway)

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Cable isn't dead either. It'd be fun to have Brolin pull double duty in the MCU. Maybe Thanos and Cable in the same flick even. Because #chaos
I forgot about Cable. He is in the beginning of X Force then leaves, eventually coming back later on.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
a) Not sure that needs a spoiler
2) Give it time. (Especially if they're doing an Eternals movie, it'd almost be a shame not to reinclude Thanos somehow, someway)

It would cheapen that moment big time. No thanks. Don't want!

Plenty of other awesome big bads in Marvel that should be the new focus going forward. Galactus, a new interpretation of Apocalypse, Dr. Doom, Kang, Mister Sinister, etc.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah I don't see them bringing any of the current X-Men into the MCU. Too much baggage and even as much as I enjoyed Fassbender and McAvoy as Magneto and Professor X, it's time for a fresh start.
Would love to see Jackman back as Wolverine somehow though. He did say that the only way he would play Wolverine again is if the X-men join the MCU.....

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

Plenty of other awesome big bads in Marvel that should be the new focus going forward. Galactus, a new interpretation of Apocalypse, Dr. Doom, Kang, Mister Sinister, etc.

Still waiting for Bryan Cranston as Mister Sinister. Really thought we were going to get that after Apocalypse.

Reactions: Rebels57

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden

Most of them, besides Sinister are noted or have already been used (Apocalypse).

Kang could be used in DrStrange because he tries to correct time. Endgame broke all the rules made in DrStrange about time.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Most of them, besides Sinister are noted or have already been used (Apocalypse).

Kang could be used in DrStrange because he tries to correct time. Endgame broke all the rules made in DrStrange about time.

Galactus, Doom, and Apocalypse were all terrible interpretations that no one is attached to. None of them were done anything closely resembling justice.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Still waiting for Bryan Cranston as Mister Sinister. Really thought we were going to get that after Apocalypse.

That would be pretty awesome. I'm down for Cranston is any way shape or form as an MCU villain.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Galactus, Doom, and Apocalypse were all terrible interpretations that no one is attached to. None of them were done anything closely resembling justice.
I wasn’t using that to say they won’t use them. I’m fairly certain Galactus, Doom, and Kang will be in this. Apocalypse won’t be used... I can’t see it. Annihilation is more the route they’re going.

Feige is going the fan route- everyone wants Galactus and Doom. We just don’t know the main bad guy yet- secret wars or Annihilation (Galactus or Annihilation)

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I wasn’t using that to say they won’t use them. I’m fairly certain Galactus, Doom, and Kang will be in this. Apocalypse won’t be used... I can’t see it. Annihilation is more the route they’re going.

Apocalypse is probably going to be used, just not for many many years. This universe isn't going anywhere any time soon. Once the X-Men are fully implemented, then maybe they can build up to a proper confrontation with Apocalypse. With the advances in CGI growing exponentially every year, imagine what they can put on screen with him 8-10 years from now?

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

Feige is going the fan route- everyone wants Galactus and Doom. We just don’t know the main bad guy yet- secret wars or Annihilation (Galactus or Annihilation)

Apocalypse is probably going to be used, just not for many many years. This universe isn't going anywhere any time soon. Once the X-Men are fully implemented, then maybe they can build up to a proper confrontation with Apocalypse. With the advances in CGI growing exponentially every year, imagine what they can put on screen with him 8-10 years from now?

Yeah probably looks like either Secret Wars then Annihilation (or vice versa) then maybe Apocalypse. Marvel won't even fully incorporate the X-Men into the MCU until 2023 at the earliest. I'd expect an Avengers type movie around then wrapping up Phase 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->