OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I thought Vulture was easily one of MCUs best villains..though not hard to so really

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I thought Vulture was easily one of MCUs best villains..though not hard to so really

They're starting to rack up quite a few strong ones now actually

Thanos (and henchmen)
Hela
Vulture
Loki
Mysterio
Killmonger

That's a solid rogues gallery.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I was so glad they did a callback on red skull. He was the biggest miss for me—could have been incredible, especially with Hugo weaving.
I thought so too. I’m rusty, but wasn’t the Red Skull a pretty big deal in hydra? I don’t know how they could have had him in WW2 and 2012 tbh.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I thought so too. I’m rusty, but wasn’t the Red Skull a pretty big deal in hydra? I don’t know how they could have had him in WW2 and 2012 tbh.

Red Skull - He tells Thanos and Gamora that he was cursed by the Stones to play guardian and guide for the Soul Stone when he was sucked up into space at the end of The First Avenger. Now, the Red Skull never touched the Soul Stone."

How did Red Skull become guardian of the Soul Stone? - Quora

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Red Skull - He tells Thanos and Gamora that he was cursed by the Stones to play guardian and guide for the Soul Stone when he was sucked up into space at the end of The First Avenger. Now, the Red Skull never touched the Soul Stone."

How did Red Skull become guardian of the Soul Stone? - Quora
No no no no. Cap fought skull in ww2. But in the comics, cap also fought skull in present day. If I’m not mistaken, skull was a present day pretty big deal in hydra.
I wasn’t sure how they could get away with skull not being a 90 year old man and being a threat to cap since cap was frozen and I don’t believe skull has any aging super power.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
No no no no. Cap fought skull in ww2. But in the comics, cap also fought skull in present day. If I’m not mistaken, skull was a present day pretty big deal in hydra.
I wasn’t sure how they could get away with skull not being a 90 year old man and being a threat to cap since cap was frozen and I don’t believe skull has any aging super power.
Red Skull was the Nazi answer to Cap. They didn't have the same super soldier serum Cap was injected with, but a similar bootleg. So, think evil-Cap-lite.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Just got disney+ and the opportunity to see runaways.
Im really liking it so far. Teenagers who act like teenagers. Sympathetic villains. Establishing the characters before we get into any big fights which i hope to see before seasons end

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I finally watched Spider-Verse last night. The story was decent and the characters were pretty good, but those artists deserved to be working with a better script. It was stunning visually, but the dialogue was WOOF. I'd love to see the same animation crew doing something that had a script made for adults, like I.G Production did for "Kill Bill," only full-length.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I finally watched Spider-Verse last night. The story was decent and the characters were pretty good, but those artists deserved to be working with a better script. It was stunning visually, but the dialogue was WOOF. I'd love to see the same animation crew doing something that had a script made for adults, like I.G Production did for "Kill Bill," only full-length.

I will not stand for this Spider-Verse slander.

Reactions: Defect

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Don't be ridiculous. The art was a masterpiece. The characters were good. The story was good. The dialogue was dog ****. That's all.

I guess I can agree that the dialogue was the weakest part, but I don't think it was necessarily bad. It was just a little dumbed-down for younger audiences. I think the sequel will be a be written a bit more mature though.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
FINALLY brought myself to watch Captain Marvel last night and I was very pleasantly surprised. She was pretty much a non-factor in EG other than saving Tony at the beginning. She was great in her movie though. I wasn't sure about Brie Larson being cast in that role but her performance was actually better than the movie itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->