All Things Jerseys

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Ugh, why do the numbers and letter look shiny? I'm praying it's just the lighting in that particular photo.
That's just because the customization in the picture is sublimated/heat-pressed. Common side-effect, and the team probably chose that route for the photoshoot because it's quick and easy turnaround time.

No doubt that the higher quality sewn options will be available to purchase for replica/authentic varieties.

Last edited:
Reactions: I Eat Crow

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Do you think the shops who do in house customization like CoolHockey & such, are going to be like these pics? :/ These numbers aren't even layered

Yes. These jerseys they used in the photos were just quick and easy options. It's lazy, but with this organization I can't say I am surprised.

This is how they advertised their new Kakko jerseys last year:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
That's just because the customization in the picture is sublimated/heat-pressed. Common side-effect, and the team probably chose that route for the photoshoot because it's quick and easy turnaround time.

No doubt that the higher quality sewn options will be available to purchase for replica/authentic varieties.
I hope so. The one's pictured look like the heat pressed plastic. Hope coolhockey, sportsk, and hockeyauthentic get the sewed on kits in stock.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Thank you @Amazing Kreiderman and @EdJovanovski for your input on Fanatics. It is very much appreciated and I understand the differences you are pointing out.

Think I am going with Lafreniere and Igor (over Kakko and Fox). I never bought a Hank jersey during his time here and really couldnt tell you why as I loved Hank. Bought Staal (way back when he was young), Kreider, Richards, Mac, Nash, and Panarin. And I have bought them all from different channels and authentic vs replica, whether it be through Cosby’s or NHL.com, or even dare I mention Dicks (Richards in the heritage jersey with the diagonal New York).

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I hope so. The one's pictured look like the heat pressed plastic. Hope coolhockey, sportsk, and hockeyauthentic get the sewed on kits in stock.
Yeah, they 100% will. It's just...ya know...teams/companies being cheap.

Nothing new.

Rangers aren't the only/first team who does this, nor will they be the last.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Don't know if this has been discussed here already, but just found out that Gerry Cosby's is closed and might not re-open. Such a shame, they always did a fantastic job on their jerseys.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I know this is blasphemous but I'm not a huge fan of our Lady Liberty jersey's...I'm just not. They are so plain and nothing to them. The white and blue winter classic and outdoor threads blow lady liberty away IMO.

What's really surprising is how many peeps who ranked all the retro jerseys that were just revealed last week, loved our lady liberty's as it was consistently in the top 3-5 in all these rankings I viewed on YT.

I don't see it but hey different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: Barnaby

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I know this is blasphemous but I'm not a huge fan of our Lady Liberty jersey's...I'm just not. They are so plain and nothing to them. The white and blue winter classic and outdoor threads blow lady liberty away IMO.

What's really surprising is how many peeps who ranked all the retro jerseys that were just revealed last week, loved our lady liberty's as it was consistently in the top 3-5 in all these rankings I viewed on YT.

I don't see it but hey different strokes for different folks.

Yeah, I am not a fan either. It's so bland, so underwhelming.

It looks like a practice jersey, and the few changes they did make don't seem to work. If they would have gone with a red collar or a white-red stripe around the waist, it would have fixed it. I also am not a huge fan of navy as the color and would have prefered cream or royal blue, to make it different from the original Liberty

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah, I am not a fan either. It's so bland, so underwhelming.

It looks like a practice jersey, and the few changes they did make don't seem to work. If they would have gone with a red collar or a white-red stripe around the waist, it would have fixed it. I also am not a huge fan of navy as the color and would have prefered cream or royal blue, to make it different from the original Liberty

I'm obviously with you. Glad to see I'm not on a deserted island on this...lol

Reactions: Grumpy Humphrey

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Anyone know of any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals as it pertains to Rangers merchandise? I want to buy my brother either a Lafreniere jersey or a jersey shirt.
Cool Hockey has 30% off right now. They ended the gift card promo they were running which sucks. But I can’t decide if I want to buy an Igor jersey now in white or wait for a potential 4th jersey. I already planned on getting the Reverse Retro for Lafreniere

Reactions: Ranger Spice

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but I have a Rangers winter jacket but it's on its last legs and need a replacement. Any recommendations on where to find a good replacement?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
A friend received theirs from the MSG shop this past weekend. Not impressed.

EBA4806E-025C-4C40-B0BC-02779F56C41C.jpeg
B4190188-1AA4-4511-BACC-D9952097D58D.jpeg

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
Which option did they go with price wise?

The $225 one as others have pointed out. I think by the time he decided to order the $280s were sold out in his size. So fearing a run on the jersey he bought what he could....which turned out to be the right decision as you can’t find them anymore. It is disappointing when you buy from the Rangers themselves they make the mistake of not adding the A

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad