All Things Jerseys

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Red is basically blasphemous for a Rangers jersey though.

I'll wait to see the final jersey before proclaiming it's the same thing. Either way, that's the best jersey the Rangers have had in my lifetime (IMO), so I'll be happy even if it is just an Adidas version of it.

This is such a weird way of thinking. It's not replacing a jersey. It's an alternate jersey. I wish they were a bit more creative. Growing up an Ajax fan (football), their away shirts had a different color every year. Sure, it wasn't all great but it was something new every time.

The only times the Rangers have done something creative in the last 40 years was 1996 with the Liberty and 2012 with the Winter Classic

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This is such a weird way of thinking. It's not replacing a jersey. It's an alternate jersey. I wish they were a bit more creative. Growing up an Ajax fan (football), their away shirts had a different color every year. Sure, it wasn't all great but it was something new every time.

The only times the Rangers have done something creative in the last 40 years was 1996 with the Liberty and 2012 with the Winter Classic

It might be a weird way of thinking if the team's identity wasn't tied to their jerseys being blue (the Blueshirts).

Creativity in this area is very overrated anyway. Besides, it's a somewhat moot point, since these will be blue. Still judging you though :laugh:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It might be a weird way of thinking if the team's identity wasn't tied to their jerseys being blue (the Blueshirts).

Creativity in this area is very overrated anyway. Besides, it's a somewhat moot point, since these will be blue. Still judging you though :laugh:

Like I said: They aren't replacing any jerseys. They are adding a 3rd. Their identity doesn't change if they play in a red jersey, just like the Blackhawks identity didn't change when they played in a black and white jersey.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

and thats the way it should be. I hate how in soccer they have a new kit every year, especially the away kit and they always go with some hideous outlandish color scheme to sell shirts to the kiddies. It sucks. NBA does the same thing. I like having only a home and away that hasn't changed much in 100 years. I also like having jerseys/sweaters with no advertisements on them. The way we do it is just fine.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
and thats the way it should be. I hate how in soccer they have a new kit every year, especially the away kit and they always go with some hideous outlandish color scheme to sell shirts to the kiddies. It sucks. NBA does the same thing. I like having only a home and away that hasn't changed much in 100 years. I also like having jerseys/sweaters with no advertisements on them. The way we do it is just fine.

But adding a third jersey doesn't change anything for your home and away jersey. They aren't replacing anything, like they did in 1977 (God, that was a bad jersey haha)

Reactions: New York City

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
But adding a third jersey doesn't change anything for your home and away jersey. They aren't replacing anything, like they did in 1977 (God, that was a bad jersey haha)

I'm fine with an alternate jersey for one-time, special occasions like the Winter Classic. I don't like them just adding a 3rd jersey into rotation just to "modernize" or for increased merchandising. In the case of Calgary or St. Louis re-introducing a classic jersey i'm fine with it, but since ours are already classic its not needed.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
I wouldn't want the Lady Liberty jerseys to replace the regular Rangers jerseys, but they make for a really nice set. And it's good to have something different every once in awhile.

The Lady Liberty logo needs to come back especially because it's a great logo and the Rangers don't really have a logo. The shield is not much of a logo and the team is normally identified by the diagonal letters anyway.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
It’s a navy blue lady liberty with red on the sleeves

it actually looks pretty nice

Have you seen it?

If so, how similar/different is it to the original jersey?

d68b9eb1be128c92a613d0bff0ab5af5.jpg

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
They had to do something different than the original Liberty's but I'm glad they didn't deviate too much. They will look very clean on the ice.

Reactions: LokiDog

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Holy shit these are absolutely hideous, look like those fake jerseys from China. This was going to be a day one purchase for me and I thought there was no way they could mess up the Liberty jersey lmao. I was all “give me Liberty or give me death” maybe death isn’t such a bad option lol

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Boston BruinsB+
Buffalo SabresA
Detroit Red WingsC-
Florida PanthersB-
Montreal CanadiensB+
Ottawa SenatorsB+
Tampa Bay LightningB
Toronto Maple LeafsB-
Chicago BlackhawksB-
Colorado AvalancheB
Dallas StarsD+
Minnesota WildB-
Nashville PredatorsB
St. Louis BluesB-
Winnipeg JetsB-
Carolina HurricanesA+
Columbus Blue JacketsA-
New Jersey DevilsB+
New York Islanders(did not participate)
New York RangersC
Philadelphia FlyersB
Pittsburgh PenguinsB-
Washington CapitalsA-
Anaheim DucksA-
Arizona CoyotesB+
Calgary FlamesB-
Edmonton OilersA-
Los Angeles KingsA
San Jose SharksC+
Vancouver CanucksB-
Vegas Golden KnightsB+
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Can you believe Ducks had the good nature to laugh at themselves with this jersey and Islanders didn't do Fisherman, which would have been a huge hit.
Seriously incredible.

We got Wild Wing, Blasty, Buffalo crossing sabres, Kachina, Screaming Eagle, and the OG Blue Jackets logo. Kings with the purple and gold crown.

And the Islanders do....nothing.

Dallas at least took it back. No Mooterus, but still good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->