All Things Jerseys - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
The "authentic" Adidas jersey you mentioned you are planning to buy a few posts above is NOT what the players wear on the ice. Knock-off jerseys are another topic and not related to what I was talking about.

My last post was about *customization*, which in my experience won't look exactly right unless you get it done by the team customizer (Arena Wear in this case).
i understand that it is not exactly what the players wear, but it should be as close as possible

last night i saw a man wearing a winter classic jersey with cream coloring in the jersey......hence why i want to get as authentic as i can

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
i understand that it is not exactly what the players wear, but it should be as close as possible

last night i saw a man wearing a winter classic jersey with cream coloring in the jersey......hence why i want to get as authentic as i can

I've seen a lot of fake jerseys over the years but the fake Winter Classics are the worst.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I was talking about this one from 2012:

image001.png

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017

if you want "as close as possible" without being the real thing, the Adizero is what you want. follow my recommendation to get it customized by Arena Wear as well. if you do otherwise, it won't be as good.

it is practically impossible to get the made-in-Canada version of that jersey (2018 WC) now, short of buying the ones actually used on the ice. this was not the case; the 2012 made-in-Canada versions were available. they were very, very similar to the ones used on-ice.

Rangers in 7 said:

the 2012s did have multiple shades of cream in them.

this is my made-in-Canada one customized by Arena Wear:
OHWW1r6.jpg

SlcWHwN.jpg

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
A heads up for anyone that's in or around NYC:

The NHL Store on 47th and 6th had a few size 46 and size 50 blank authentic WC jerseys without the patch. They also had some Zuccarello and McDonagh precustomized with the patch selling for $315.

jroam82

Mar 21, 2012
Adelaide
Switching gears for a moment:

What material should the nameplate on a home Reebok edge jersey be?

I've seen some with airknit (front of 2.0 jerseys?), edge material (back of 1.0 and 2.0?), and twill (obviously wrong).

I have a 1.0 jersey with a nameplate that is something a bit weird and not even the right blue, so I'm trying to work out what I should try and source.

Cheers all.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Can anyone assist me in the best way to purchase a customized Wolfpack jersey? On the Wolfpack website it seems like I can only buy blank jerseys.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Alright you animals

Can someone tell me what the hell is up with some teams' "authentic" jerseys using one layered sublimated numbers and letters? The Adidas Rangers sweaters I have don't but I bought a McDavid and Marchand jersey and those two have one layer with like the outline color and then BAM no stitching or anything and it's the other color. AFAIK this is just the way Adidas rolls and some teams are doing it but my Rangers and Sabres Adizero ones don't have this. Just making sure I am not getting completely shafted here and even then that is foolish by the NHL/teams

MortUWary

Registered Loser
Jul 19, 2007
Sorry to be a pest, but the Prucha Jersey auction I posted above is up in 2 days and I need your collective expertise to advise if the lettering/numbering is consistent with the era for the CCM replica. Any help would be most appreciated!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Will ArenaWear stitch numbers and letters in 2 layers? I haven't sent much to them lately. But this single stitch dual color sublimation is childish

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
Was given a new Fanatics Rangers replica (is it even considered to be a replica) a few days ago... Missing CCM and Koho more and more than Reebok made me.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
How much does it usually cost to get a name and number taken off and a new one put on?

Heat transfer or sewn on?

Nameplate or numbers directly on the shirt?

Some shops will do the shipping for very little on top of adding the new #s (Philly Express), others may charge a great deal or not deal with it at all. If they are sewn-on, you can buy a seam-ripper for $5 or so and remove the existing customization.

Heat transfer -- the jersey may get ruined in the process of removing the customization.

Even if the numbers are sewn-on there is often adhesive residue. Some of it may not come off, and therefore depending on the new customization it may be visible if the new #s don't fully cover the old ones.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Heat transfer or sewn on?

Nameplate or numbers directly on the shirt?

Some shops will do the shipping for very little on top of adding the new #s (Philly Express), others may charge a great deal or not deal with it at all. If they are sewn-on, you can buy a seam-ripper for $5 or so and remove the existing customization.

Heat transfer -- the jersey may get ruined in the process of removing the customization.

Even if the numbers are sewn-on there is often adhesive residue. Some of it may not come off, and therefore depending on the new customization it may be visible if the new #s don't fully cover the old ones.
I'm not sure off hand. I'll have to check tonight. It's a reebok premier. I'd imagine whatever is standard for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->