All Things Jerseys - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
That's not entirely accurate. Some authentic jerseys do have the patch. But very few.

The only ones that have it are those where it was put on at MSG or at the NHL Store. The ones that Adidas are making for sale do not have it, which is a joke. How do you make and sell a special event jersey without the special event patch? Fanatics even put it on the Breakaway jerseys, and they are the ones who usually have a lower standard.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Got my Winter Classic jersey from that Lids sale. Can confirm it’s stitched down.
Me too; great deal too considering MSG and NHL Store pricing.
It appears that all of the ones from the large online retailers are stitched with no shoulder patch. Lids, Dicks, NHLShop/Fanatics/FansEdge (which are all the same company).

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Me too; great deal too considering MSG and NHL Store pricing.
It appears that all of the ones from the large online retailers are stitched with no shoulder patch. Lids, Dicks, NHLShop/Fanatics/FansEdge (which are all the same company).

Yep, all coming from the same source as you said previously I’d imagine.

I was at the game Friday and MSG has the fanatics replicas customized now and those are heatpressed as well. Wonder where they’re getting them done.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I just want to say, get the lettering correct, the font, the spacing, the vertical arch. Otherwise it ruins the look of any uniform.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Anyone need an Adidas Winter Classic Jersey size 56 (blank)? Mom and gf both had the same idea for xmas. Seems to be low stock so I figured I'd check if anyone needs before returning it. If so, PM me.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Anyone with suggestions where I could get the patch sewn on and still have it in time for the game?
NHL Store will heat press it for you. They it it for me and it holds solid. Will get it sewn eventually but not an emergency.

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
Not necessarily a jersey (didn't know where to post) but does anyone know where to get that white WC NYR beanie that Amanda Borges has on in her interview w/ Rick Nash yesterday. It's sick.

jroam82

Mar 21, 2012
Adelaide
Anyone got any experience (or better yet, actual pictures as opposed to stock photos) of the fanatics winter classic jersey?

I know they're the cheaper alternative in just about every way, but how's the lettering/fit/etc? Also, looks like they actually come with the shoulder patch?

Cheers.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Anyone got any experience (or better yet, actual pictures as opposed to stock photos) of the fanatics winter classic jersey?

I know they're the cheaper alternative in just about every way, but how's the lettering/fit/etc? Also, looks like they actually come with the shoulder patch?

Cheers.

Saw some in a Pure Hockey out on Long Island a few days ago. They weren’t terrible looking, but regardless I’d never buy something that isn’t authentic. Problem is, even with these new adidas jerseys, the ‘authentics’ aren’t even the ones that the players wear on the ice. It’s a farce.

Reactions: jroam82

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
I’ve asked before but I’ll ask again, I’ve sent Arena Wear three messages via their website and never received a response. I know everyone swears by them - What am I doing wrong? I have four jerseys I want to customize.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I’ve asked before but I’ll ask again, I’ve sent Arena Wear three messages via their website and never received a response. I know everyone swears by them - What am I doing wrong? I have four jerseys I want to customize.
Calling them is 1000% better. I have done that for all my customizations.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

You have to email them directly, or call.

Just don’t show up to their door and walk in like I did. Haha...

They are a very small business and super swamped right now. It’s two guys who run the business and one old dude and one old woman who do all the sewing work.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
Thanks for all the replies, understand they are a small business and it is not a rush job, so want to hop on the line.

I bought a vector away from Jersey Baron and trying to get customized. Sportsk has two different 85th patches, one being 3in (smaller). Anyone know what the difference is between the two?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Thanks for all the replies, understand they are a small business and it is not a rush job, so want to hop on the line.

I bought a vector away from Jersey Baron and trying to get customized. Sportsk has two different 85th patches, one being 3in (smaller). Anyone know what the difference is between the two?

The guys over at the Ice Jerseys forums are the experts. They literally know all things hockey jerseys.

IJ Forums - Official IceJerseys Bulletin Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->