Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Just hung this in my office, finally:

IMG_0695_zps41c8f01d.jpg

My Stefan Cherneski game used jersey.

I'll be turning it around so the name faces front after I hang a second jersey.

Humblebrag about having an office :p:

Looks good!

ultradef

Aug 26, 2012
NJ
Anyone know of a place in North Jersey or NYC that could frame a jersey?

I got mine done at Buddy's Sports Corner at the Paramus Park Mall. He sends them out somewhere...not sure where. A little pricey but they did a great job!

Pictures don't do it justice, but here you go:

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
I got mine done at Buddy's Sports Corner at the Paramus Park Mall. He sends them out somewhere...not sure where. A little pricey but they did a great job!

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Wow those look amazing. And close to home...could you post or PM me the price?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Pretty cool man. Looks like he did a great job framing. Share his info!

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
To all legit jersey purists what is wrong with my $24.99 jersey?
Apart from the blatantly small number on the back.

VVNoqiA.jpg

ACWndAt.jpg

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
To all legit jersey purists what is wrong with my $24.99 jersey?
Apart from the blatantly small number on the back.

VVNoqiA.jpg

ACWndAt.jpg

I guess I'll start.
The Reebok work mark on the back is an patch that's heat pressed on, not embroidered.
The letters used for the name aren't arched enough and look terrible (especially the M).
The red stripes on the sleeve don't look straight or even.
It doesn't look like the letters or numbers or Rangers word mark are twill.
The Rangers word mark on the front should start much lower.

If the quality of photos was better, I'd be able to pick apart more stuff.

ultradef

Aug 26, 2012
NJ
Wow those look amazing. And close to home...could you post or PM me the price?

I actually got these as a gift from my wife...I could ask her what she paid but I'd imagine she won't want to tell me, haha. I would suggest that you give Buddy a call and ask. I think he offers a few framing options, so be sure to ask for the ones with the nice matting, player picture, etc. The number is (201) 967-7727.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
I guess I'll start.
The Reebok work mark on the back is an patch that's heat pressed on, not embroidered.
The letters used for the name aren't arched enough and look terrible (especially the M).
The red stripes on the sleeve don't look straight or even.
It doesn't look like the letters or numbers or Rangers word mark are twill.
The Rangers word mark on the front should start much lower.

If the quality of photos was better, I'd be able to pick apart more stuff.

Thanks!
Yeah, as I said, got it for $25 with shipping so I can't complain haha. Just can't justify for spending a bunch of money on a jersey.

Also, for what it's worth the Reebok logo is embroided and the red sleeves don't look straight cuz the angle, I just checked

That is a Chinese knockoff jersey.

natalie-portman-clap.jpg

Haha, in all seriousness tho, i as said above, just can't justify spending insane amounts of cash for a jersey, $25 is awesome.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
natalie-portman-clap.jpg

Haha, in all seriousness tho, i as said above, just can't justify spending insane amounts of cash for a jersey, $25 is awesome.

$25 is awesome but that jersey is terrible. I know it's what you can afford, but for a small amount more you can get a legitimate premier for $100 and change.

I feel bad for every fan in the garden I see wearing the counterfeits. Most of them are unaware and don't realize the difference they just know they got a great deal.

In my opinion it's better to just wear a shirt or a Rangers hat to a game than a knockoff jersey.

Don't get me wrong, if the counterfeits were EXACT reproductions of the legit ones and cost $25 bucks it would be a no-brainer to get one. But when they look like that? :cry:

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
Oy vey that's hideous.

Could have just waited for a jersey sale. Can easily pick up a Premier/blank Indo edge jersey for around $50-$100. Surely you can pony up the extra not to look like a mook?

I'd rather wear $25 stapled on a t shirt than that Steiner jersey. :laugh:

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Haha, I must say, it is an upgrade from my ****** ass beer stained, unlucky Gaborik jersey ahhah.

...if that was even possible :D

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Also, for what it's worth the Reebok logo is embroided and the red sleeves don't look straight cuz the angle, I just checked

Apologies, I wasn't clear... The embroidered word mark is face. The real ones are heat pressed on the blue and white ones, and stitched on the Outdoor Series.

The only time I buy knock offs is for children that out grow them every season. Once you're an adult, get a real one. I understand that it's not in everyone's budget.... but it's not like a premier is hundred's of dollars.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Has anyone here send an Stadium Series to Arena Wear for customization? I would love to see photos. I know they only sold replicas, but I got my hands on an authentic (through someone on this board) and want to get it customized and am debating between Arena Wear and Cosby's.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Has anyone here send an Stadium Series to Arena Wear for customization? I would love to see photos. I know they only sold replicas, but I got my hands on an authentic (through someone on this board) and want to get it customized and am debating between Arena Wear and Cosby's.

Shouldn't be a debate. Cosby's stopped doing customization for the Rangers years ago. Arenawear is the choice if you want the same as what the players on the ice wear.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So, I definitely think that my favorite authentic jerseys are from the Starter era. The fabric is just so nice and smooth. The difference in feel between my authentic Starter Liberty jersey and my authentic Reebok/CCM Liberty jersey is pretty incredible.

It also makes me miss Value City. They would get authentic jerseys in pretty often. Picked up a number of them for $50 or so back in the day.

AHB*

Opinions on my new Kleiner jersey

34xhopf.jpg

sx2adh.jpg

1zqaa7c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
So, I definitely think that my favorite authentic jerseys are from the Starter era. The fabric is just so nice and smooth. The difference in feel between my authentic Starter Liberty jersey and my authentic Reebok/CCM Liberty jersey is pretty incredible.

It also makes me miss Value City. They would get authentic jerseys in pretty often. Picked up a number of them for $50 or so back in the day.

I hate Starter jerseys. That material is WOAT. CCM and 6100 jerseys... airknit was the good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad