OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Prophecies are tricky because they are often ambiguous. In theory, Arya could still take out Cersei, if say, Jamie or Tyrion dies elsewhere, by using their face.

I like that little pet conjecture, because it would mean a ton of Cersei's historical paranoia regarding Tyrion is completely unfounded and misplaced -- which is a core feature of her character. She couldn't imagine Jamie doing it (although, maybe just now she can)-- so it HAD to be Tyrion all these years. HAD to be.

If it was neither, well, haha.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So obviously the Stark Wolfpack played Little Finger like a fiddle but what was all that high drama between Sansa and Arya..just an act the whole time? I can't imagine Bran withheld what he knew about Little Finger being treacherous so that Sansa and Arya could engage in potential "sistracide" ....????

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
The ice dragon, blowing blue smoke melting the wall was crazy. Watched episode 7 twice, will end up watching it 5-6 times.
I hope Arya does get to poison Cersai, or gut her with a knife, little finger style.
John and Dany, power couple.
I wonder what will happen to the ice dragon.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
So obviously the Stark Wolfpack played Little Finger like a fiddle but what was all that high drama between Sansa and Arya..just an act the whole time? I can't imagine Bran withheld what he knew about Little Finger being treacherous so that Sansa and Arya could engage in potential "sistracide" ....????

Little Finger is always listening. They were playing it up to anyone who might be eavesdropping is my thought.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Little Finger is always listening. They were playing it up to anyone who might be eavesdropping is my thought.

That's the way I took it as well. Bran must've filled them in pretty early on. If that is the case though, Arya and Sansa both deserve a few awards for that act they put on in Winterfell...

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

Bran's kinda off doing his own thing most of the time. He seems de-sensitized to the whole family thing. I was surprised he was even present for the passing of judgement...

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Bran's kinda off doing his own thing most of the time. He seems de-sensitized to the whole family thing. I was surprised he was even present for the passing of judgement...

Same. After that scene with Meera Reed, I think it's out of character for him to be involved with his family.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I enjoyed the season overall but the fact that we have to come up with theories and ideas almost out of thin air to explain what happened and explain the characters' motivations (the Stark storyline, cersei's different decisions at the dragon pit, etc) explains why it just doesn't feel anywhere near as solid anymore.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I enjoyed the season overall but the fact that we have to come up with theories and ideas almost out of thin air to explain what happened and explain the characters' motivations (the Stark storyline, cersei's different decisions at the dragon pit, etc) explains why it just doesn't feel anywhere near as solid anymore.

Ditto..I was entertained but disappointed at the sloppy disjointed nature of the writing. I'm not sure how much better it will be in the final season. Maybe it will be just as entertaining or more so especially if they are feature length but who knows if they will be smarter or dumber....

It will be interesting to see how Jon reacts when he finds out he is the legit heir to throne. Is he going to be honorable and discontinue his budding romance with his aunt or will he compete with her or continue to ally himself with her...maybe even abdicate? I better see some smart writing with this or.....well not sure what I will do...I guess I will still watch but..... :sarcasm:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Pre GoT

http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-stars-earliest-roles-then-now-past-photos-2017-8

The Great Robert Baratheon...LMAO

you-might-not-recognize-mark-addy-who-played-robert-baratheon-in-one-of-his-earlier-roles-as-fred-flintstone-in-the-flintstones-in-viva-rock-vegas.jpg

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I just truly hope that for the last season, that every episode is 2 hours long. Because it ****ing should be considering how much ****ing **** they have to cover. Doesn't help that the writing is weak and is actually making the show predictable. Hell, the whole thing about him being a Targaryen has been hinted at for a LONG time, but they just kind of plopped it on our laps, and while they were doing it too. Just lol.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I just truly hope that for the last season, that every episode is 2 hours long. Because it ****ing should be considering how much ****ing **** they have to cover. Doesn't help that the writing is weak and is actually making the show predictable. Hell, the whole thing about him being a Targaryen has been hinted at for a LONG time, but they just kind of plopped it on our laps, and while they were doing it too. Just lol.

The writing has degraded, and the show has become perdictable. The sand snakes killing their cousin was probably the last surprise.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Mark Addy is a gem.

I think the decision to limit the last 2 seasons by 7 episodes was a pretty big mistake. It seems like they did it to bolster the work required for these large grand scenes but the story telling and pace of the show have taken a huge hit from it. Hell, it could have easily used 3 or 4 more full length seasons rather than 2 shortened seasons.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Funny that people are sentimental over Little Finger's death on Twitter. Basically, that Sansa should not have killed him bc he loved her. Sophie Turner responded with some good come backs...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Funny that people are sentimental over Little Finger's death on Twitter. Basically, that Sansa should not have killed him bc he loved her. Sophie Turner responded with some good come backs...

Twitter... you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
So you're saying you saw Cersei and Euron's plan coming?

The details, no. That they were gonna find a way to backstab Snow and Dany, yes.

Cersei we've spent the previous 6 seasons hating. She has nary 2 redeeming scenes in the whole series. Why should we have believed she'd turn a new leaf and play nice?

Euron is a small character thrust onto a big stage late in the game. He has been presented as self-centered, and egomanical. Why should he start giving a damn about others, when he comes from a culture of quick hit rape & pillage?

Last edited:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
So you're saying you saw Cersei and Euron's plan coming?

What exactly was that plan?

"Ok, so we're going to meet them and then something will happen (I don't know what yet because I don't know what this meeting is about) and you will pretend to walk out but really you're on my side for a truce/alliance I'm never going to give and then go get the mercenaries I am buying. Sound good Euron?"

Merchant

Feb 3, 2008
The writing has degraded, and the show has become perdictable. The sand snakes killing their cousin was probably the last surprise.
Think so? I thought the writing was exceptional in Season 6. You saw the Hodor twist coming? Or the resurrection of the Hound and him joining the Brotherhood Without Banners?

Regardless, you have to allow for some things to simply play out as expected but appreciate how the show does it in spectacular fashion (e.g. everyone knew Jon wouldn't be killed at the Battle of the ********, but that was a heck of an episode).

However, I found Season 7 to start to be predictable and play out in less than extraordinary ways (the lackluster dragon pit meeting being the best example).

The show has to walk a line between too many swerves and too predictable. Overall, I think they do a good enough job to still qualify as my favorite show of all time.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Think so? I thought the writing was exceptional in Season 6. You saw the Hodor twist coming? Or the resurrection of the Hound and him joining the Brotherhood Without Banners?

Regardless, you have to allow for some things to simply play out as expected but appreciate how the show does it in spectacular fashion (e.g. everyone knew Jon wouldn't be killed at the Battle of the ********, but that was a heck of an episode).

However, I found Season 7 to start to be predictable and play out in less than extraordinary ways (the lackluster dragon pit meeting being the best example).

The show has to walk a line between too many swerves and too predictable. Overall, I think they do a good enough job to still qualify as my favorite show of all time.

Hodor they hinted at with Bran warging into him before, either when they were getting to the cave, or maybe slightly before. I may be confusing some book things with the show, but Bran also attempted to warg Meera but couldn't pull it off.

The Hound was not resurrected, because he never died. Him appearing with the Brotherhood without Banners was not a surprise. Different, but similar, it's rumored he's the grave digger on the Isle of Faces.

The first few seasons were all swerves, I was shocked when Ned died, shocked at the Red wedding. I haven't had a shocked moment in a good long while. Maybe Ser Barristan's death, how'd those scrubs merc that kinda bad ass?

I appreciate the show for being visually pleasing. The writing, pacing, acting (Kit and Emilia specifically)- not really so much. Cause at the end of the season, I really needed less story, and more Sam poo & food montages.

Here
Books
Seasons 1-4

There
Seasons 5-7

Last edited:

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

The books hinted at the Hound not being dead already.

Merchant

Feb 3, 2008
I didn't mean the Hound was literally resurrected, just the character returned -- a distinction that I should have made, given this show!

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
it was stupid and poor plot development, that's what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad