All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XX - CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.
Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.
Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"
Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"
Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.
Be careful what you link to, treat it like the trade forum we don't want to spread bad information.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
You live in South Boston fam. One of the worst states for 2A. How u gonna fight back? IDK Mass laws yet but I bet if you shoot or defend your property there YOU will also get jailed.
I’m south of Boston, not in South Boston. I’ll take my chances defending myself if needed, because what’s the option? Maybe I’ll get a free pass like the other criminals are getting

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
they dont.
What they do is light the flame and pass the torch. Sometimes literally.
Then on to the next building or block.

the mob mentality is really scary. One of my daughters friends was live streaming the shit last night, I told her to tell him to get out asap

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Why can't why humanity just get along. Isn't this the first thing taught.

because we forget. Things get bad then better. Then we forget and get bad again.
Thats my theory anyway.

Nobody remembers the devastation of polio so why have vaccines?
Nobody left the lived world war horrific actions of what man can do to man. The draft of those that couldnt afford to dodge.
So people in charge think theyre John f***ing Wayne.
The freedom marches, April 4 1968, Not many left that recall all of it.

Mix in a would be dictator and here we are.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I’m south of Boston, not in South Boston. I’ll take my chances defending myself if needed, because what’s the option? Maybe I’ll get a free pass like the other criminals are getting

54F2FC45-5BEF-4A4C-9507-A3AC31A79C23.jpeg
I was mistaken

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
IDK maybe its JUST ME but common sense would dictate if you loot and set fire to a bunch of cities and climb the gates of the white house the government is gonna call in the Guard and maybe the army.
The National Guard was needed. As if a government official can stand at a podium and waive a magic wand and end this madness?

There are extremists who feast on events like this. They invade peaceful protests, blend in & jump to the front lines wreaking havoc. I don’t give a rats ass if they’re Antifa or far right white nazis they’re all scum in my opinion. And they should be dealt with accordingly. These “people” contribute absolutely nothing to society. The only way to shut them down is with force.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrMars

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
because we forget. Things get bad then better. Then we forget and get bad again.
Thats my theory anyway.

Nobody remembers the devastation of polio so why have vaccines?
Nobody left the lived world war horrific actions of what man can do to man. The draft of those that couldnt afford to dodge.
So people in charge think theyre John f***ing Wayne.
The freedom marches, April 4 1968, Not many left that recall all of it.

Mix in a would be dictator and here we are.
"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it"

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
the mob mentality is really scary. One of my daughters friends was live streaming the shit last night, I told her to tell him to get out asap

it’s horrible. Reminds of times I prefer not to remember.
The most critical thing to me must be the ability to separate protesters from rioters/looters.
All its gonna take is for some poor innocents to be shot and we will indeed have a civil war. IMO.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

Mob mentality is why I am not a democrat or republican. TOO many morons wont be friends with you if you dont 100% agree with everything they say.

The sheep mentality makes like boring I have friends from all walks of life an I dont agree with everything they say or do but thats life.

You cant learn if everything is thinking the same

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Mob mentality is why I am not a democrat or republican. TOO many morons wont be friends with you if you dont 100% agree with everything they say.

The sheep mentality makes like boring I have friends from all walks of life an I dont agree with everything they say or do but thats life.

You cant learn if everything is thinking the same

im a registered independent. I don’t want to have to agree with someone because we belong to the same party.

I think we just need some common sense, but that seems to be rare in politics.

Reactions: Gee Wally
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad