All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Seems reasonable for their rights being infringed upon by those heartless store owners...
Damn, stupid people. A teaser at this point would be a good idea...lots of stupid people around. It won't be the last.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Twitter flags Trump tweet on Minneapolis protests for 'glorifying violence'

Later Friday morning, hours after Twitter noted that Trump's initial tweet violated rules, the White House official Twitter account posted the same tweet with the "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" phrase.

Key quote highlighted for emphasis. This is who he is. More pissed off about Twitter hiding his inflammatory post than what's happening in this country right now. It's all just so f***ing shameful.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Some Pa. seniors are turning on Trump. That could be a problem for his reelection.

“As you get older in life, you start to move toward the left, when you’re thinking about health care, when you’re thinking about other people’s rights and futures,” Banion said. “Older people believe in class, believe in dignity, believe in doing the right thing. And you see all [Trump’s] doing to break that down. I am really disgusted I voted for him.”

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What’s the thinking in here and what are you all reading about a second wave in the fall.

1918-19 doesn’t bode well

I see all the restrictions being loosened and people no longer being nearly as vigilant about their well being as they were earlier, which is going to lead to a complete shit show of a fall/winter cold and flu season with coronavirus thrown on top. It absolutely spells bad news coming to me.

blurbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Somerville, MA
Visit site
Some Pa. seniors are turning on Trump. That could be a problem for his reelection.

“As you get older in life, you start to move toward the left, when you’re thinking about health care, when you’re thinking about other people’s rights and futures,” Banion said. “Older people believe in class, believe in dignity, believe in doing the right thing. And you see all [Trump’s] doing to break that down. I am really disgusted I voted for him.”

I don't know if I believe that as people get older they move towards the left. The article even mentions that Republicans have carried the 60+ vote since the 1970s, except Clinton and Gore.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What’s the thinking in here and what are you all reading about a second wave in the fall.

1918-19 doesn’t bode well

My company is betting on it and guiding us , the leadership teams, to establish contingency and business continuity plans.
From essential roles/ employees to ways of working to actual brick and mortar usage .

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't know if I believe that as people get older they move towards the left. The article even mentions that Republicans have carried the 60+ vote since the 1970s, except Clinton and Gore.

That wasn't the writer of the story, but one of the people that was interviewed in it. That's his opinion and view as a person that is getting older and closer to needing things lie social security and health care coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad