All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Somerville, MA
Visit site
In the short of it, yup it is stupid. In the long of it, it’s ironically humorous. He is going to find out, he can’t legally make a private business bend to his will. If this gets dumb enough and we all know it will, I can see twitter just deleting his account.

The President doesn't seem to have an understanding of what the right to free speech is...

free_speech.png

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It seems some Americans are confused about President Donald Trump’s extremely strong and very powerful national response to the coronavirus pandemic.

That confusion is understandable, as many Americans are not used to having a president who, by his own expert account, has “a very, very large brain” and also has “the best words.” It’s not President Trump’s fault you’re confused. It’s your fault.

So allow me to catch you up on how the most successful president in American history has single-handedly tackled COVID-19 and, in the process, saved many, many lives.

Here we go. Try to keep up.

The coronavirus is nothing to worry about, will likely be gone by April (anyone who says April was last month is a FAKE CALENDARIST!) and the virus is also a Democratic hoax, and a plague.

The number of deaths from the virus are being overblown by Trump-hating death counters, and also more than 90,000 people have died, which is a great success. If the president had done nothing, millions would have died from this nothing-to-worry-about virus. Also, the dead are only a small percentage of the population and it was their fault (the dying, I mean) because they were unhealthy, so they don’t really count and technically the COVID-19 death toll is zero. But we salute them — the hardly any — for being warriors in the great fight against this horribly overblown hoax-plague that could’ve killed millions were it not for President Trump’s great leadership.

What’s important now is that Americans come together and TRANSITION TO GREATNESS by closely adhering to the federal guidelines established by the coronavirus task force. Americans also need to REOPEN OUR COUNTRY immediately and completely disregard the aforementioned federal guidelines.

Everything’s fine, life can return to normal, and also President Trump has launched an initiative called Operation Warp Speed that will create a coronavirus vaccine in record time, because everything’s fine but a vaccine is crucial, but also not crucial. As the president said while announcing Operation Warp Speed: “We think we are going to have a vaccine in the pretty near future, and if we do, we are going to really be a big step ahead and if we don’t, we are going to be like so many other cases where you had a problem come in, it’ll go away at some point, it’ll go away.”

So the vaccine, which we’re traveling at warp speed to create, is vitally important and also no big deal because this coronavirus plague — which is nothing to worry about — will simply go away at some point.

Column: Trump’s coronavirus response has been brilliant. Here’s what you don’t understand.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
The President doesn't seem to have an understanding of what the right to free speech is...

free_speech.png

In my experience, I find people like him do not understand it either. But what I found bizzare was, he was never censored or denied the right to post. It was a only a small note at the bottom of his post with a fact check. Nothing was censored, not a single word.

I don’t know what his goal is, but it’s ripping the country apart and I am starting to get that sick and uncertain feeling in my stomach that I had after 9-11 and I knew people that perished on that day.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In my experience, I find people like him do not understand it either. But what I found bizzare was, he was never censored or denied the right to post. It was a only a small note at the bottom of his post with a fact check. Nothing was censored, not a single word.

I don’t know what his goal is, but it’s ripping the country apart and I am starting to get that sick and uncertain feeling in my stomach that I had after 9-11 and I knew people that perished on that day.

It's that they dared to counter his stream of disinformation for once. That's all it took for him to throw a fit and sign a highly questionable executive order that will surely be challenged legally.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

blurbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Somerville, MA
Visit site

I would say it's a very selective understanding of freedom of speech/expression, but I really think it's just a complete ignorance of it.

Like a lot of people who have no concept of empathy, they think there are different set of rules for them compared to other people. They completely disregard concepts until they are directly affected by it, at which point they become indignant when they think they're being infringed upon.

Reactions: lopey and 4Orr

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
It's that they dared to counter his stream of disinformation for once. That's all it took for him to throw a fit and sign a highly questionable executive order that will surely be challenged legally.
There’s not much bite to it, at best he can withhold any government money that was going to be sent to social media companies. The main part has already been ruled on last year by SCOTUS. If it goes back through the courts, it would put huge pressure on Kavanaugh who wrote the opinion that social media is not responsible for other people’s content. That would be a stunned event if he was to flip flop and prove that SCOTUS is now a political charged court. I don’t see that happening.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
It’s more wreck less tweeting by President Trump .. more looting means more shooting. If that’s how he feels. No problem.. He’ll find out the people that live in Minnesota aren’t scared of nobody. Get of Twitter and lead you FN idiot

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Scary and crazy times right now. A sweeping pandemic with a divided nation thrown on top for good measure. Need some leadership now more than ever.
We have none in the White House. Problem is he isn't just not a leader he is causing damage.

Anyone else getting sad and depressed about what is happening to this country ?

It is really starting to get to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad