All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
my fav are the assholes who now think it’s ok to dispose of their gloves on the pavement in the parking lot

4 different pairs just around my car alone a couple weeks ago. I lose faith in people more and more by the day
Was it here that I read some small statement about whether or not a person returns a shopping cart to the little area in the parking lot reveals a ton about who they are? I feel like the very basic things we're being asked to do is a great example as well. If you wear a mask, observe social distancing (reasonably, not even at a crazy level), and clean up after yourself than you're a solid person. If you fail at one of those extremely easy & decent things than you're just not a good person.

Edit: It basically boils down to 'will you do the right thing because its the right thing even though it might be a slight inconvenience'.

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
My wife , a health care worker, showed me the proper use of gloves,.................I have never seen it done right when I'm out. Save your money people you don't know how to use gloves.
Went with my wife this afternoon to Costco...late afternoon when its calmer. I saw too many people without masks again.

But the worst was a women in her early thirties...using gloves and no mask. Her Partner didn't have nothing.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sometimes I marvel at the stupidity of mankind.
spock-meme-no-signs-of-intelligent-life.jpg

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
my fav are the assholes who now think it’s ok to dispose of their gloves on the pavement in the parking lot

4 different pairs just around my car alone a couple weeks ago. I lose faith in people more and more by the day
There's no hope, just an empty feeling.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
That's what it's all about to Donald , the f***ing stock market. Though I have a vested interest in the stock market doing well , I'm gonna hold off for now considering what will happen when the inevitable 2nd wave hits. Step, back Donny, this is far from over.
Again...there's no hope.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bostonians Need to Practice Social Distancing For at Least 6 to 8 Months, Walsh Says

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh on Sunday said said he had no immediate plan to lift the city's stay-at-home advisory and warned residents that strict social distancing would be the norm for at least the next several months.

In an interview with NBC10 Boston, Walsh said the stay-at-home advisory would need stay in effect "for the foreseeable future," adding that residents would be asked to continue practicing social distancing.

"Now's not the time to ease restrictions on individuals, meaning individuals shouldn't be easing restrictions on themselves for the foreseeable future, for the next six, eight months," he said.
Boston will end up in a full lockdown at some point because people are going to lose their minds when they hear this.

People have taken to calling him an array of nasty things, making light of his battle with alcohol and saying Menino would do better.

Funny thing is, Menino would have done the same thing or been even more strict.

I’m far from a Marty fan but he’s done the best he could throughout this entire thing and quite frankly, I’m happy he’s Mayor.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

That's an asshole move by them for sure!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Boston will end up in a full lockdown at some point because people are going to lose their minds when they hear this.

People have taken to calling him an array of nasty things, making light of his battle with alcohol and saying Menino would do better.

Funny thing is, Menino would have done the same thing or been even more strict.

I’m far from a Marty fan but he’s done the best he could throughout this entire thing and quite frankly, I’m happy he’s Mayor.

Well this clearly isn’t as deadly as initially feared and it’s of almost no risk to anyone that isn’t very elderly or very unhealthy. Not many outliers.

Folks who were terrified even just a month ago should be doing backflips it’s not that bad. Not doubling down on restrictions But by all means have your day ruined by a healthy 30 year old shopping without a mask.

I’ve been in Florida almost 3 weeks everyone is fine. Almost no masks. No one has coughed. Someone on our boat had it a few weeks ago and was fine another persons dad had it and was fine just 3 days of flu symptoms. After the weekend in Tompa Brady I’m ending the trip in Orlando. It’s SAD to drive by all this fun stuff and know it’s never coming back and will go bust. There are some huge hotels. It’s not my cup of tea theme parks but visiting here is like going to a Bruins game for many.

Cant we just have the stuff we like back without masks and tons of rules all that. People uncomfortable can stay home or wear a mask if it makes them feel better. This won’t completely go away the flu hasn’t in 100 years. End the sillyness we can’t just hide from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->