OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XVI - Closed, Be back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Well, this is wild and wacky plot twist. Stay tuned for the next episode of As the White House Turns. Trump is going to lite up tonight on the twitter channel.

Honestly, this does very much surprise me that the Turtle has walked back his comments. All the lies he has told about Obama over the years, I am definitely shocked by this retraction. We can’t say for sure but this could actually be the beginning of the GOP distancing themselves from Trump? I really hope Trump has pushed the norms of the GOP so far into conspiracy world, that the GOP rank and file have finally had enough. I will not hold my breath though.

PS Wally, I had no idea this was the real you. I had a completely different image of you and your beliefs. You wouldn’t know it, but I owe you an apology.

Thanks...I think.

Im not any longer affiliated with an political party. I was a registered Republican for many decades. No longer. That party that I knew has died. Replaced by whatever this lying, corrupt , racist and incredibly dangerous circus that is there now.

I look at the individual. I miss a John McCain. I think Charlie Baker is doing a solid job with this in Mass.. I love the leadership shown by Cuomo in NY.
I despise the far ends of both ends of the pendulum.
Having said all that. I believe the shit under my shoes is worth more than Trump and his cronies. A clear and present danger to my country that will stop at literally nothing now to retain their positions.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This behavior is absolutely horrifying. I won’t post the other video but you can watch it on your own.

I feel for a lot of these people. But it’s gone as soon as they start arguing that they shouldn’t have to wear a mask or do anything for the greater good of society.

Whatever the situation you are in financially, struggling or not, no one should be in any sort of Uber individualistic mindset at the moment. People need to be able to make a living, but some of these same people need to grow up and stop treating the whole thing as a rallying cry for their selfishness.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thanks...I think.

Im not any longer affiliated with an political party. I was a registered Republican for many decades. No longer. That party that I knew has died. Replaced by whatever this lying, corrupt , racist and incredibly dangerous circus that is there now.

I look at the individual. I miss a John McCain. I think Charlie Baker is doing a solid job with this in Mass.. I love the leadership shown by Cuomo in NY.
I despise the far ends of both ends of the pendulum.
Having said all that. I believe the shit under my shoes is worth more than Trump and his cronies. A clear and present danger to my country that will stop at literally nothing now to retain their positions.
I get the sense that you are far from the only former Republican who has seen what has been going on and has become completely disenfranchised with it. I`m still not anywhere convinced it will show at the polls, 2016 has me highly skeptical

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I feel for a lot of these people. But it’s gone as soon as they start arguing that they shouldn’t have to wear a mask or do anything for the greater good of society.

Whatever the situation you are in financially, struggling or not, no one should be in any sort of Uber individualistic mindset at the moment. People need to be able to make a living, but some of these same people need to grow up and stop treating the whole thing as a rallying cry for their selfishness.

A person in my town actually said in a town forum on FB: "Why should I wear a mask,? It doesn't do shit to protect me. It only protects others from me if I'm a carrier, so I don't see the reason to bother." He then went on to post all the youtube conspiracy videos that support his orange God's fake claims. This is the insanity you're trying to counter. No interest in helping or doing something for the greater good, just what's in it for them.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I am so disappointed with the way the U.S. government is handling this pandemic. Unfortunately, the Republicans care less about U.S. citizens and would rather defend Trump, an idiot, at the cost of American lives.

I would have difficulty defending the U.S. as the best country in the world today, under Trump, from my class perspective. If I were not living retirement and social security check to pension and social security checks, I might feel differently.

I am genuinely embarrassed to call myself an American today.

We are in the middle of the worst in my life pandemic in the U.S. and the leader; our President is not listening to science, openly disagreeing without Medical Professional, Dr. Fauci, firing those that disagree openly with him and running out country based on his opportunity to get re-elected, his gut, his ego, while killing Americans daily with lousy advice or inaction.

I am so disappointed that the country I love, I fought for, I defended up until three years ago, regardless of what party was is a control or who the President was in office has turned to this crap in this time of need because of a virus called Coronavirus or COVID-19. The person in the office and his party have such disregard for American suffering, human life, those getting sick or mourning the loss of a loved one, it is disgraceful.

Sorry for the rant. Every day is worse than the day before.

We are a leaderless country running amuck.

Please stay safe and protect your family and friends, and even those you don't know well.

blurbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Somerville, MA
Visit site
FYI, I remember reading someone's post about using a neck gaiter as a face mask. Just wanted to post some relevant info...

While that type of mask is better than nothing, it doesn't offer the amount of protection (to you and others) compared to something made of 100% cotton.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
A person in my town actually said in a town forum on FB: "Why should I wear a mask,? It doesn't do shit to protect me. It only protects others from me if I'm a carrier, so I don't see the reason to bother." He then went on to post all the youtube conspiracy videos that support his orange God's fake claims. This is the insanity you're trying to counter. No interest in helping or doing something for the greater good, just what's in it for them.

This is it in a nutshell man.

Hooray for me and f*** you. ....not Live Free or Die....they got it mixed up.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This behavior is absolutely horrifying. I won’t post the other video but you can watch it on your own.

I went through and watched those videos. Terrifying. So much anger, hate, intolerance, and bigotry. It's incredible how this guy spurs so many shitty people to vocalize their hatred like he does, but I really do appreciate them self identifying for me. It makes it easier to know whom to not listen to.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
[QUOTE="JOKER 192, post: 172099818, member: 104837"

Just passing by and wanted to say:

Hope your safe in Montreal.
Happy with Legault and Labeaume comment on not even thinking to close the city and willing to welcome Montrealer’s... we are all in this together. Let us all pull together.

I hope the best to our Montrealer’s citizen including all hab’s fan. Hope we can get the control back and just wanted to say we are with you guys and hope you stay safe.

Same to all our Canadian and Americain friends especially my Bruins fans buddies.

Hey thanks for your post, doing well, hope you are as well. It's a shit storm over here but it's mostly in the elderly homes. Sadly, that's completely out of control. We got a few hot spots here and there but if you follow the directives you should be alright.

This certainly is a time for us all to band together and do our part as citizens, help in any way we can, reach out to each other.

Thanks again.

Reactions: BRUINS since 1995
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad