OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XVI - Closed, Be back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

“You have areas of Pennsylvania that are barely affected and they want to keep them closed. Can’t do that.”

What a moron. Gov Wolf has relaxed restrictions in the "barely affected" counties.
I'm in the southeast, which is still under restriction. In my county (Berks), the County Commissioners backed down yesterday from a plan to encourage businesses to open anyway, when they realized that licenses could be revoked and insurance wouldn't cover businesses operating "illegally."
Our sheriff has said he won't enforce restrictions. (He doesn't have any power anyway.)

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

Well, this is wild and wacky plot twist. Stay tuned for the next episode of As the White House Turns. Trump is going to lite up tonight on the twitter channel.

Honestly, this does very much surprise me that the Turtle has walked back his comments. All the lies he has told about Obama over the years, I am definitely shocked by this retraction. We can’t say for sure but this could actually be the beginning of the GOP distancing themselves from Trump? I really hope Trump has pushed the norms of the GOP so far into conspiracy world, that the GOP rank and file have finally had enough. I will not hold my breath though.

PS Wally, I had no idea this was the real you. I had a completely different image of you and your beliefs. You wouldn’t know it, but I owe you an apology.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Fox News is straight up not talking about the pandemic anymore and directing all of their attention to “Obamagate”.

North Korea would be proud of such a loyal state news network.
It’s a Hail Mary Pass from the re-election campaign. They know they are in trouble and they need a new “swiftboat” to spark excitement among the supporters. They don’t have a “Benghazi” on Biden, so they are going to make one up.

Personally, I think this particular tactic will fail. Eventually, they are going to have to put up or shut up. You just can’t post random nutty accusations on tweeter and tell reporters to go read about it in the conspiracy news outlets. They will have to show evidence, especially when you call it “The biggest crime in US history”.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The reason Donald Trump said “it’s all under control. We appreciate the transparency of President Xi” back in January is because China’s dishonesty of the situation fit perfectly with Trump’s desire to simply hope the virus would “disappear”. He was getting hit with briefings at a near daily rate by late January from people on the ground in Wuhan that this was a far more serious situation than China was letting on.

It was only in March, when the virus began to overtake this country, that Trump decided to flip the switch and now go hard after China. He had no choice. And it was the plan all along. He had mountains of evidence way earlier that he needed to change courses and be preparing the country for a pandemic (should have started with not dismantling all of the steps not already in place), but he wanted to stay the course for the sake of his “greatest economy ever”. All he had was to claim he was “blindsided” despite evidence day after day for months that he needed to actually start leading the country through a crisis.

Now as he continues to try to push this under the rug with “Obamagate” (No joke, Fox News has all but removed any stories of Covid-19 from their front page), we carry on with a large portion of the country being in full support of a “leader” who refuses to take any accountability or make any apparent effort to minimize this virus’s impact on our country. It’s up to the states to fight this and bankrupt themselves in the process.

What about Donald Trump am I not getting right? What about his performance am I understating? What he’s doing, and the con game he is playing, is so obvious to me and so many others and it’s damn scary that there are other people so entranced as to not catch on and understand the very real life and death consequences of what he’s doing.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Fox News is straight up not talking about the pandemic anymore and directing all of their attention to “Obamagate”.

North Korea would be proud of such a loyal state news network.

Everything we can imagine and not yet even imagine will be thrown out there for diversion, deflection, And to feed whackadoos

On the plus side depending how far it goes it opens the door to investigate and maybe prosecute a former President. That would be pay per view shit right there.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
[QUOTE="JOKER 192, post: 172099818, member: 104837"

Just passing by and wanted to say:

Hope your safe in Montreal.
Happy with Legault and Labeaume comment on not even thinking to close the city and willing to welcome Montrealer’s... we are all in this together. Let us all pull together.

I hope the best to our Montrealer’s citizen including all hab’s fan. Hope we can get the control back and just wanted to say we are with you guys and hope you stay safe.

Same to all our Canadian and Americain friends especially my Bruins fans buddies.

Reactions: Ladyfan

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
By the way...whatever happened to the deficit being the number one issue for conservatives?

It's only the number one issue when it comes to helping the middle and lower classes. It's never an issue when they want to give money to their corporate donors or fill the pockets of military contractors.

Never once in my life have I heard "how are we going to pay for it?" when increasing the budget for a military that is now spending more than the next 7 countries combined.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Met a few interesting ladies this evening, something about them got my Spidey sense to go off.

A regular local who knew them chatted for a bit.

Seems they were just evicted from there shared room in Framingham.

They claim to have had a much longer lease but do to Covid19 the state terminated.

They had to agree to be tested in groups and segregate until they came up negative.

So if you REALLY want to get tested?

For those that cant read between the lines these were women serving time who were released due to Covid19 and overcrowding in the women's system.

The women's facility in Framingham is more of a halfway house/transitional place where people (not just women) are working on being integrated back into society. They have many prisoners on work release there and most are not violent offenders.

So I guess my question is what's your point on this? That prisons are letting prisoners out early because of the pandemic? Yeah, that's happening all over the country, and for a lot worse folks than what you'd find at MCI Framingham.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It's only the number one issue when it comes to helping the middle and lower classes. It's never an issue when they want to give money to their corporate donors or fill the pockets of military contractors.

Never once in my life have I heard "how are we going to pay for it?" when increasing the budget for a military that is now spending more than the next 7 countries combined.

How about “how are we going to pay for it?” when making an unprecedented corporate tax cut from 35 to 21 percent in the time of a bull market?

Donald Trump has made it clear from day 1 that he gives no shits about the federal budget, yet this has been cast as the number one issue amongst the vast majority of Republican politicians and citizens for decades.

I am totally and completely lost as to what the Republican Party stands for and I think they are as well, both in the context of this pandemic and the operation of society under somewhat normal circumstances.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Obamagate shit is the same thing as the whole birth certificate narrative he pushed years ago.

It is clear that Trump no longer cares about responding to the pandemic and has begun to use it to mask his obvious attempts at rigging another election.

Flynn, Obamagate, Tara Reade, Burr stepping down, Unmasking requests, red wave talk and so much more are all dog whistles to his cult. Hell he even thanked all his keyboard warriors on social media and told them all they were better than the major ad agencies.

it is really f***ing sad.

It's been a steady stream of disinformation since before this guy was president. The birther claims alone were absurd and proven patently false, but that does't matter to this clown's base. They eat it up willingly and ask for seconds.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The Obamagate shit is the same thing as the whole birth certificate narrative he pushed years ago.

It is clear that Trump no longer cares about responding to the pandemic and has begun to use it to mask his obvious attempts at rigging another election.

Flynn, Obamagate, Tara Reade, Burr stepping down, Unmasking requests, red wave talk and so much more are all dog whistles to his cult. Hell he even thanked all his keyboard warriors on social media and told them all they were better than the major ad agencies.

it is really f***ing sad.

It’s quite a tactic.

He says something. You ask him what he’s talking about or for evidence regarding what he’s saying. He says you know what he’s talking about and you’re “fake” if you don’t believe the thing in which he won’t explain to you and/or present any evidence.

He blatantly shows his cards with these statements. Whatever he says is true and if you say otherwise, you’re fake.

“Dictator” not coming to mind for anyone?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It’s quite a tactic.

He says something. You ask him what he’s talking about or for evidence regarding what he’s saying. He says you know what he’s talking about and you’re “fake” if you don’t believe the thing he won’t explain to you and/or present any evidence on it.

He blatantly shows his cards with these statements. Whatever he says is true and if you say otherwise, you’re fake.

“Dictator” not coming to mind for anyone?
I’ve thought dictator for the past 3 1/2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad