OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XVI - Closed, Be back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Cruel as it sounds, the news media should get a few of these people on at the peak of their fight with this virus. And contrast their perspective on it before, after, and during.

Would be eye opening to a lot of people I am sure.

We don’t need to be scared, but we need a lot more respect in a lot of places for the fragility of life. The blind arrogance needs to be beaten down.
At this point it's not just a matter of money...if you get sick you won't work for a while if you survive. Then there's your health will only get worst the way Covid-19 strikes... so, in the end, you just can't fix stupid.

Reactions: lopey

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Pretty sure she just voted to give the FBI internet spying power too. Those old money families that have run the state for many decades are starting to wear thin on many Californians.
As an adopted Californian, yep.

This state has been run by like 3 families for ages, and they're all generally insane. And the Bay Area (whose values do not represent what most people in the rest of the state believe) dominates politics in CA. The Browns were governor forever, now it's Newsom who happens to be Pelosi's nephew. The Schwarzenegger years predated me living here, but clearly him being a Kennedy (pre-divorce at least) got him that spot.

Growing up in New Hampshire, which is a geographically small state with a proportionally large state house, the fact that California is administered as one state is just absurdly inefficient for me. It should definitely be broken up.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I don't worship Rand Paul, or Donald Trump or Dr. Fauci. They re just people and damned flawed people at that.

Here's some more honesty: Your loathing of the President has damaged your perspective. Trump could find a cure for cancer and you would denounce him for it.

I'm done here.
Trump has damaged his own self with all the lies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
What I don't understand is how the unions didn't step up for their members. Isn't this why unions were formed? What a disgusting situation.

Unions haven't worked like that in decades. It's the way they are supposed to work but it just isn't what they do anymore. These days they just take union fees out of your take home pay and then used it to buy political favor.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Met a few interesting ladies this evening, something about them got my Spidey sense to go off.

A regular local who knew them chatted for a bit.

Seems they were just evicted from there shared room in Framingham.

They claim to have had a much longer lease but do to Covid19 the state terminated.

They had to agree to be tested in groups and segregate until they came up negative.

So if you REALLY want to get tested?

For those that cant read between the lines these were women serving time who were released due to Covid19 and overcrowding in the women's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->