OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part VI - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Those idiots you speak of are probably listening to trumps briefings.They see that he's not taking the pandemic seriously and they're following their leader.

Unfortunately he sets the example. Today he says it's recommended that you wear a mask when you leave your house but I'm not wearing one. Idiot

I have no problem blaming Trump for the things he’s responsible for, but this is just making up stuff to blame him for.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
pretty much what my company did with our door knocking division

My buddy is digging it- doesn’t really lose out on a ton of pay, keeps his benefits, and he’s just playing Call of Duty getting wasted most days lol. I’m in between zoom calls actually working getting snapchats of him pounding booze at like 2 PM on a Wednesday lol

Karma will come around, one way, or moment, or the other. This is a time to "pay it forward" so ignore the muppets on the fringe of this (IMO) and focus on how we can take care of those we love, care for and the extended "family". The rest will take care of itself in due course.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I have no problem blaming Trump for the things he’s responsible for, but this is just making up stuff to blame him for.

At this point I feel like he 100% understands the severity of the situation, but he certainly didn’t at the beginning of this breakout and i think that set the tone for the situation we currently have now

We were never gonna stop corona from getting here but I feel like if more people took it seriously from the beginning our curve would look a lot better than it does currently.

And I’m guilty of not taking it seriously back in January too....I’m just not the president and don’t get intel. I probably would have taken it more seriously if it was publicly treated more seriously

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
At this point I feel like he 100% understands the severity of the situation, but he certainly didn’t at the beginning of this breakout and i think that set the tone for the situation we currently have now

We were never gonna stop corona from getting here but I feel like if more people took it seriously from the beginning our curve would look a lot better than it does currently.

And I’m guilty of not taking it seriously back in January too....I’m just not the president and don’t get intel. I probably would have taken it more seriously if it was publicly treated more seriously

I don’t disagree with any of this, but at this point the message should have reached those dense enough to not see just about everything around them close.

kids haven’t been to school in weeks, sports leagues are shut down, businesses are closed, people are losing jobs, but the only message that they get is from Trump weeks ago?

Reactions: Beapin and CDJ

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It makes me wonder who was at the intel briefings that were given to trump on the pandemic and did trump pass along the information

Thats speculation though. That video shows our top expert not thinking the virus was a threat at the time and hes in charge of the response now

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t disagree with any of this, but at this point the message should have reached those dense enough to not see just about everything around them close.

kids haven’t been to school in weeks, sports leagues are shut down, businesses are closed, people are losing jobs, but the only message that they get is from Trump weeks ago?

What youre saying for sure has validity....there’s just a lot of really stupid people out there unfortunately

I still know people having gatherings. It’s insanity

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
What youre saying for sure has validity....there’s just a lot of really stupid people out there unfortunately

I still know people having gatherings. It’s insanity

these are the people who will somehow survive, while my family has basically been sheltering in place for almost 3 weeks

Reactions: lopey and CDJ

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
51 residents positive for coronavirus at Wilmington nursing home, despite having no symptoms - The Boston Globe

A Wilmington nursing home that had been set for use as a coronavirus recovery center delayed that plan Friday after more than half the residents slated to be moved tested positive for the virus despite having no symptoms, the facility’s parent company said.

AdviniaCare at Wilmington, which has 142 beds, tested 98 residents who were planned to leave the facility and found 51 were positive for COVID-19, Pointe Group Care LLC said in a statement.

Those residents will be kept separate from those who tested negative, the company said, and will receive care from Partners HealthCare. Staff members at the facility will also be tested.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If any of us did this we’d be in jail.

Georgia senator Loeffler dumped travel company stock before Trump announced ban on European travel - The Boston Globe

Senator Kelly Loeffler sold a total of $46,027 worth of stock in an online travel company in the day leading up to President Donald Trump’s announcement of a ban on most European travel to the U.S.

Though the transactions were relatively small for Loeffler and her husband -- whose net worth is estimated at more than $500 million -- the sales represented an about-face.

Loeffler, a Georgia Republican, had just days earlier purchased the shares, in Booking Holdings, jointly with her husband, Jeffrey Sprecher, the chief executive officer of Intercontinental Exchange, parent firm of the New York Stock Exchange

Booking Holdings provides online bookings for flights, hotels and other travel-related services, all of which have collapsed because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Last month, news reports about her sales and purchases of other stocks -- after government briefings to Congress on the virus -- caused a stir, with critics questioning whether she was sufficiently focused on her constituents. Some stock sales by another senator, Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican, have prompted a government inquiry.

The new, detailed financial disclosures from Loeffler show that she and her husband bought $590,557 in stocks between Feb. 24 and March 13, and sold stocks worth $845,557 from Feb. 20 to March 9th.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
51 residents positive for coronavirus at Wilmington nursing home, despite having no symptoms - The Boston Globe

A Wilmington nursing home that had been set for use as a coronavirus recovery center delayed that plan Friday after more than half the residents slated to be moved tested positive for the virus despite having no symptoms, the facility’s parent company said.

AdviniaCare at Wilmington, which has 142 beds, tested 98 residents who were planned to leave the facility and found 51 were positive for COVID-19, Pointe Group Care LLC said in a statement.

Those residents will be kept separate from those who tested negative, the company said, and will receive care from Partners HealthCare. Staff members at the facility will also be tested.

what in the f*** is going on? 51 positive tests on the elderly and none of them have symptoms? We sure the tests are accurate?

Reactions: Salem13

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You dont need insulin ?
tell that to 7,5 million Americans.

You dont need chemo drugs from Germany? Tell that to 4.5 million Americans.

You dont need the only suggested n treatment for Covid19 stockpiled in Canada ? Who you just reamed without vaseline?

Yeah, thats a f***ing winning strategy.
:thumbu:

Reactions: lopey

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Boston company aims to make 60,000 ventilators a month for coronavirus patients

The Ventilator Project, a Seaport-based nonprofit organization that Mantel, of Watertown Robotics, and local entrepreneur Alex Frost started on March 20, says it is finishing up plans for a much cheaper ventilator that can be mass produced to try to fill the huge shortage caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic .

“It looks more than feasible,” Mantel insisted to the Herald of his intention to begin producing thousands a month. “We can get it out quickly, and we can get it out globally.”

The ventilator’s successfully pumping air, and the team that’s quickly risen to 200 people is finishing up the machine’s controls with an eye on getting it before the U.S. Food & Drug Administration this coming week for a quick approval. If everything goes as planned, they would make 1,000 in the first month, 4,000 in the next month and then eventually 60,000 a month. They’re trying to raise $2.5 million to scale up.

“We’re creating a manufacturing plan that any plant in the world could make,” Mantel said, adding that he’s been in talks with major distributors.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
If the Spanish flu were to happen today it wouldn't be called the Spanish flu. The reason they gave this coronavirus the official name of Covid-19 was so not to have it associated with any one nation or animal so as not to incite racism or the inhumane treatment of said animal. The days of viruses being called names like the Spanish flu or the Swine flu are over, going forward it's going to be more generic, scientific names. It is however too late to change the names of past viruses so no, not double standards just a more considerate naming structure.
To add this this, it is called the Spanish Flu because Spain, having been neutral in WWI, didnt have press censorship and was the first nation to report on it in a widespread way.

Best approximation says it originated in Kansas.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If any of us did this we’d be in jail.

Georgia senator Loeffler dumped travel company stock before Trump announced ban on European travel - The Boston Globe

Senator Kelly Loeffler sold a total of $46,027 worth of stock in an online travel company in the day leading up to President Donald Trump’s announcement of a ban on most European travel to the U.S.

Though the transactions were relatively small for Loeffler and her husband -- whose net worth is estimated at more than $500 million -- the sales represented an about-face.

Loeffler, a Georgia Republican, had just days earlier purchased the shares, in Booking Holdings, jointly with her husband, Jeffrey Sprecher, the chief executive officer of Intercontinental Exchange, parent firm of the New York Stock Exchange

Booking Holdings provides online bookings for flights, hotels and other travel-related services, all of which have collapsed because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Last month, news reports about her sales and purchases of other stocks -- after government briefings to Congress on the virus -- caused a stir, with critics questioning whether she was sufficiently focused on her constituents. Some stock sales by another senator, Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican, have prompted a government inquiry.

The new, detailed financial disclosures from Loeffler show that she and her husband bought $590,557 in stocks between Feb. 24 and March 13, and sold stocks worth $845,557 from Feb. 20 to March 9th.
How the f*** is this legal whatsoever?

It's literally what Martha Stewart went to jail for.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So my neighbor (working from home too) came over to watch GOT (Red Wedding). we sat 6 feet apart. We ordered a pizza from a local pizza place. we watched 3 episodes. It was a nice break from working and the news

Now I am waiting for Real Time at 10. I hope Bill can make me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad