OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part V - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
[QUOTE="b in vancouver, post: 171792142, t the willful ignorance and playing politics coming out of the White House is mind-boggling. There's a very real possibility that me, you and the dog are going to know people that either die, are seriously ill or have their finances destroyed because of the inability of The President to be a grown-up.

I already know somebody that died from our Bridgewater NJ site.
A coworker. Died last Thursday, In his 50s with no known other health issues. Left a wife and two teenage kids.[/QUOTE]

I'm really sorry to hear that.

I just... I don't know. My sister's dentist died. For me it's still arm-length in Kevin Bacon degrees of separation but that doesn't make it better - we're all going to be affected.

Reactions: Ladyfan

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
87BD5B76-C682-43B6-8FC4-3485BBB8363E.jpeg

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
if nothing else all nations should over time stockpile for the NEXT pandemic. Because there will be a next and what is needed will be the same. Masks, gowns, gloves, sanitants, , respiratory equipment, etc,,,etc,,
Don't forget the extra TP. :laugh:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good decision to extend guidelines to at least April 30 and backing away from the f***ing moronic Easter idea

Sure it’s obvious. But I hope that 2 weeks from now we are on the backswing of things. At least in the areas that were clearly hit first. Here NYC Seattle etc etc.

Transitioning out of this will require way more time and all that. People also might act more responsible if they see an end in sight. ‘Oh ok I can’t go to Florida now but I can May 1’ or something.

might be wishful thinking the selfish few will probably ruin things for the many.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Church are closed here in Québec. Not the case in US?

I know the Archdiocese of Boston has suspended all daily and Sunday Masses, but I don't know if the churches are actually closed, though it doesn't necessarily matter if all events have been cancelled. I know my church is closed.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Well something good.

Amid coronavirus pandemic, air pollution declines in Boston and elsewhere - The Boston Globe

It’s an antidote to the cooped up, post-COVID-19 world: a walk or run to get some sun and breathe the spring air.

And yes, it’s no illusion born of captivity, the air is actually fresher.

Pollution — in a remarkably short time — has abated. In the past few weeks, satellite measurements have found that emissions from cars, trucks, and airplanes have declined in metropolitan Boston by about 30 percent, while overall carbon emissions have fallen by an estimated 15 percent.

Such a sudden drop has few precedents in the modern era, a testament to the scale of societal disruption caused by the virus.

In Boston, the amount of such harmful particulate matter has declined over the past two weeks by nearly 20 percent, compared to the prior two-week period. Levels of carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide have declined by similar amounts, according to an analysis of three federal air quality monitoring stations in Boston.

Those decreases are primarily the result of a 50 percent drop in traffic on local highways and a 75 percent plunge in passenger traffic at Logan Airport. These mirror declines recorded in other cities around the world where there has been a similar cessation of normal life, including on the West Coast, in Northern Italy, and in China.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I was just about to order one of those big barrels of peanut butter filled pretzels...

Now I think I’ll put some supplies out for my mail carrier instead.

Reactions: Estlin

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Church are closed here in Québec. Not the case in US?
The Catholic Church relaxed Lenten guidelines and many Archdiocese around the country are closed and offering services online.

One of my favorite times in the Church growing up sans stations of the cross every Friday.

I’m with Wally in that if I set foot in church I would combust.

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad