OT - NO POLITICS All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IV - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Market Basket, surprisingly, wasn’t terrible. At least anymore terrible than it usually is. Plenty of registers, people working. Granted it was 745 on a Sunday, but still.

they were out of chicken breasts and some of the things my mom wanted (bottled water, tissues) but I was able to get some at a different store.

husband will bring some chicken home from work.

did drop offs at my father in laws and mother’s. Talked to my mom through the glass of the porch door. She’s 62 and went through radiation a few years ago and has some COPD so she makes me nervous. She also has to go to work every third day. At least she’s nearby in Arlington so I can help her out as much as possible.

all in all, not terrible.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
ESPN 2 is airing ESPN 8 the Ocho programming today for those starved for sports

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
On Friday night, it seemed like some people on here were hinting at info that they expected shelter in place to be declared for MA before the beginning of the new week. Are people still feeling that way or have expectations changed?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
On Friday night, it seemed like some people on here were hinting at info that they expected shelter in place to be declared for MA before the beginning of the new week. Are people still feeling that way or have expectations changed?
My personal opinion is what's been already done in Mass is working ,stay the course

Reactions: StrBender

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I still believe it will happen

Reactions: hrdpuk

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Market Basket, surprisingly, wasn’t terrible. At least anymore terrible than it usually is. Plenty of registers, people working. Granted it was 745 on a Sunday, but still.

they were out of chicken breasts and some of the things my mom wanted (bottled water, tissues) but I was able to get some at a different store.

did drop offs at my father in laws and mother’s. Talked to my mom through the glass of the porch door. She’s 62 and went through radiation a few years ago and has some COPD so she makes me nervous. She also has to go to work every third day. At least she’s nearby in Arlington so I can help her out as much as possible.

I found some good chicken and will be making a small chicken pie. I invited my neighbor over . We are watching (re watching for me) GOT. She hadn't seen it before. I live in a condex and she lives in the other side. We both are now working from home.

Reusable grocery bags no longer allowed as of this morning in NH.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: hrdpuk

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I think at some point it will happen. But, if anything, it's more of an alarm bell that it's gotten REALLY, REALLY bad. We're basically already in a shelter in place situation, even if it's not officially declared - you're not supposed to go out and travel unless it's for basic necessities (groceries, gas, fix car) or for an essential job. You can still go out and walk, but just walk alone and avoid other people.

As I understand it, a shelter in place order won't really change any of that, other than allowing for punitive measures (fines, imprisonment) that will probably never come to fruition anyway.

But perhaps what it would change is people's attitudes. If we can get idiots who are going to the beach, or playing basketball in public parks, or going on trails in large groups, to stay home, then that would be a positive thing. If they hear "shelter in place", maybe they will stay home.

Reactions: jgatie

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hannaford's in Londonderry They said it was all of NH :dunno:
Victoria banned plastic bags outright, i sometimes forget that not everywhere is like that. using re-usable bags is basically an instinct now. It makes some sense i guess, i doubt people wash them very often, but it seems like spitting into a hurricane in terms of effect

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008

MB Woburn wasn't bad either around 9ish.. (Except for the family all over the place. Kids touching everything. morons)

Still unable to find TP or bottled water.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I think at some point it will happen. But, if anything, it's more of an alarm bell that it's gotten REALLY, REALLY bad. We're basically already in a shelter in place situation, even if it's not officially declared - you're not supposed to go out and travel unless it's for basic necessities (groceries, gas, fix car) or for an essential job. You can still go out and walk, but just walk alone and avoid other people.

As I understand it, a shelter in place order won't really change any of that, other than allowing for punitive measures (fines, imprisonment) that will probably never come to fruition anyway.

But perhaps what it would change is people's attitudes. If we can get idiots who are going to the beach, or playing basketball in public parks, or going on trails in large groups, to stay home, then that would be a positive thing. If they hear "shelter in place", maybe they will stay home.

Problem is it needs to happen BEFORE it "gets too bad" that's the whole reason for doing a shelter in place. There are so many examples clearly available it's dumbfounding to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad