OT - NO POLITICS All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IV - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Long read, sorry. the Corona Virus just some interesting ways and how to combat possibly prevent this virus.

A recent clinical study in France concluded with highly significant results that two existing and readily available approved drugs, Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin, can work miracles in treating the virus. There is an understanding, these drugs are already available under the Compassionate Care rules with the FDA, and the FDA is also looking at these drugs for formal guidance to treat the virus. Please Google these issues to learn more details if interested.

Also highly encourage everyone to take a Vitamin D+K2 supplement daily as well as Zinc. There is a lot of information about these vitamins potentially making a huge difference. If you can't find D+K2 supplement, then taking vitamin D with butter or another fat containing K2 will suffice. Getting some full sun for about 20-30 minutes will also do the trick. do everything you can to keep your stress to a minimum. Stress is highly correlated with a weakened immune system.

You might be interested to Google "kratom + corona virus" and you'll find some interesting results.

A growing body of evidence over the last few years supports an important role of IGF / IGFBPs axis dysregulation in the pathogenesis of systemic rheumatic diseases. This can occur either through inhibitory growth signals leading eventually to apoptosis of host cells and generation of aberrant immune responses against self, or promotion of inflammatory processes mediated by inappropriate growth signals to selective immune and non-immune cell populations. Further research is required to fully elucidate the dual role of IGF/IGFBPs system in autoimmune pathology, possibly resulting in novel therapeutic targets.

also, vitamin C may help with this virus but it must be taken intravenously.

Also three other supplements that help naturally boost the immune system are garlic, elderberry, and black seed oil.

Out of all of these I have taken for some time now vitamin D3 and K2, zinc, garlic 1000mg daily, black seed oil one teaspoon daily, igf - 1, and kratom all daily amongst other natural supplements. You might say that I'm a natural supplement Junkie. I prefer to consider myself an herbal Alchemist.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Building Cancer Hospital downtown Calgary with about 1100 others and still going strong.I walk 7 flights daily a few times out of fear of getting into the skip with others.Just depressed seeing so many suffering and things so not normal for everyone.Praying daily this horrible disease gets under control. God Bless everyone.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
My wife is a teacher and just got a robocall from the superintendent that a parent tested positive and their child had a cough before school got shut down.

they want all teachers/families/basically everyone self quarantine for another week.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
My wife is a teacher and just got a robocall from the superintendent that a parent tested positive and their child had a cough before school got shut down.

they want all teachers/families/basically everyone self quarantine for another week.
Its good they called yas though.Hope everyone is ok in your home and things get better for everyone.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
FB_IMG_1584842332199.jpg

:laugh:

Can't fathom they'll actually be held though

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A second Massachusetts resident has died from COVID-19 related illness, the state Department of Public Health said Saturday night.
The victim is a woman in her 50s from Middlesex County, the state said in a statement.

“She had a pre-existing condition predisposing her to more severe disease,” the statement said.

2nd coronavirus-related death reported in Massachusetts

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Found out my cousin's daughter has symptoms and is being tested. She's 10 and is in quarantine with her mom. No word yet.

Took a 30 day unpaid leave from work. 13,000 of us have to help the company out.

It made sense for me for a few reasons.
#1, I live with my folks, so I don't have rent/mortgage to worry about. I can take the leave and maybe help the company from laying off anyone.
#2, I was currently the only person in my household/my sister's household that had to go to work. Dad and mom are working from home, as are my sister and brother in law who live a 5 minute walk away.
#3, my dad's always had respiratory issues, and my 2 1/2 year old nephew has been admitted to the hospital 3 times in his young life for similar issues. So my sister's (understandably) freaking out. I get it...but it feels like she's overreacting a bit. Whenever she leaves the house (which admittedly hasn't been much the last week), she changes her clothes when she gets back.

I know it's easy to bash airlines...but this really is an unprecedented situation. My airline (Delta) has had a philosophy the past several years to have 50% of profits go back into the business for things like planes, airport improvements, raises, etc, 30% to pay down debt, and 20% to stakeholders.

Yes, it's easy to say in hindsight that they should've had more money stocked away for a rainy day...but even if they had put every penny used for buybacks aside, it wouldn't make much difference. Operating costs are $4 BILLION a month. We've prepared over the years for the inevitable decline in demand from say, a recession. Not going from 85% full planes to 15% full planes in a matter of 10 days. No business can prepare for that.

Anyways. I'll get off my soapbox.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...coronavirus-truth-teller-20200319-p54bqv.html

When it comes to reliable, scientific information about the virus, Americans have turned to Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, for guidance.

Once labelled an "incompetent idiot" by AIDS activists, Fauci has become a beacon of facts in a polarised, "post-truth" political era.

Fauci, who has served in his current position since 1984, was previously a revered figure in scientific circles but little known to the general public. Now he has become an almost omnipresent figure in American life.

At a White House press briefing this week, Trump called Fauci a "major television star". At a congressional hearing earlier this month, Republican congressman Andy Harris said: "You appear to have been everywhere."

Republican senators, who have come to know Fauci over many decades, urged Trump to put him at the forefront of the administration's response. It's a role that has required the 79-year old to act as a real-time presidential fact-checker.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just found out today that my idiot nephew flew to Miami for Spring Break Thursday. He flies home tomorrow. My mother and my sister are currently both cancer patients. No immune systems.

I told my other sister if he goes anywhere near them I will break his bones.

I have no words

But there is a word (with all due respect to Wally's sibling):

E6t6tsL.jpg

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Just checking in to see how everyone is coping. I am trying to reduce the amount of terrifying articles I am reading on the internet. I know the risks, am doing everything I can, no need to stress myself more at this point. The immune system is affected by stress.

Thank you to all the healthcare workers, store employees, truck drivers, emergency personnel, every single person who is risking their own health and working so hard to get us through this. Let's all do our part to keep them safe. We will see the end of the nightmare eventually but the toll will be heavy for all of us.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
This is true to a point, more so depending on where one is in the country. I work with one of these companies mentioned - so far the virus has not yet been a factor where I work or the county. Actually the county reported its first case this weekend. But otherwise it's business as usual. And we have been told we will continue to operate regardless of other restrictions that may be put in place because we are vital to the US commerce and economy. As far as attendance and sickness, well attendance policies are still in place, but there are exceptions on a case by case basis. Will a person lose their job if they are sick, not necessarily, but they do have to follow proper procedures.
The bigger the city the more hectic and busy it gets, including risks of getting infected. Consider yourself lucky working in a smaller county, with one case only for now.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just checking in to see how everyone is coping. I am trying to reduce the amount of terrifying articles I am reading on the internet. I know the risks, am doing everything I can, no need to stress myself more at this point. The immune system is affected by stress.

Thank you to all the healthcare workers, store employees, truck drivers, emergency personnel, every single person who is risking their own health and working so hard to get us through this. Let's all do our part to keep them safe. We will see the end of the nightmare eventually but the toll will be heavy for all of us.
Last night I had a dream about trying to buy toilet paper. :help: It ended by me and Daisy getting chased by a wolf. o_O

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Also, the cleaners that are going into offices, public washrooms, etc., they are also at a high risk and get paid little.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
This got to be the stupidest thing ever. Worst than this would be a cruise ship to Wuhan China in February.

KEY WEST, Fla. — In the end, said passengers who fled a cruise ship because of a coronavirus outbreak at sea, the evacuation and journey back to the United States was more harrowing, chaotic and frightening than their ill-fated maritime voyage.

Weak and sick from no food for nearly 24 hours, several passengers fainted. Two went into respiratory distress. Others had fevers so high that they had to be separated from the rest of the travelers aboard the chartered flight. Several had severe coughs.

“This was almost as much of a debacle as the cruise was,” said Jennifer Catron, a former medic who spent the entire nine-and-a-half hour flight providing medical care. At one point, she took over the in-flight announcements and begged passengers to donate spare peanuts to help revive those who were passing out from low blood sugar.

The Costa Luminosa cruise ship, owned by Carnival, left Fort Lauderdale on March 5. Its destination: Venice, Italy.

Hundreds Exposed to Coronavirus on Cruise Ship Fly Home

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
First confirmed positive case in my little town last night. Police sent out a warning.
Great.
We have like one of everything. Except Cumbys, for that we splurged and have 2

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
First confirmed positive case in my little town last night. Police sent out a warning.
Great.
We have like one of everything. Except Cumbys, for that we splurged and have 2
Matter of time. We have not had a case yet but I suspect this week we will because of all the idiots who went away on March break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad