OT - NO POLITICS All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguineapig

Meantime, Dr. Anthony Fauci finally loses his composure ...

HlSFjl1.gif

The Fauci Facepalm now a thing.

esP8i33.gif
When what they said you thought they knew
was really just pretending
Don't worry if it don't work out
Thoughts and prayers we're sending

Politician's Blues - GP

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
General Motors is partnering with Ventec Life Systems to help increase production of ventilators that are needed in hospitals dealing with patients who have the novel coronavirus, the companies announced Friday. In the most severe cases of COVID-19 infection, patients need the assistance of ventilators to breathe, and there are widespread concerns that the US does not have enough ventilators to meet the coming demand.

GM is partnering with Ventec Life Systems to help increase production of ventilators

anything ever come of that guy in canada who made the low priced ventilators and offered
them to anyone to make?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
A friend of mine who is a truck driver posted this on Facebook:

"Thursday while taking a break in Franklin,NC on an on ramp a North Carolina State Trooper pulled up behind me and walked up to my door and offered me a 4pc Chicken dinner with 3 sides a biscuit and a half gallon of tea courtesy of the local BoJangles. Thank you to both BoJangles and NCSHP. It was much needed and appreciated."

We'd be in even worse trouble without the truckers right now

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
A friend of mine who is a truck driver posted this on Facebook:

"Thursday while taking a break in Franklin,NC on an on ramp a North Carolina State Trooper pulled up behind me and walked up to my door and offered me a 4pc Chicken dinner with 3 sides a biscuit and a half gallon of tea courtesy of the local BoJangles. Thank you to both BoJangles and NCSHP. It was much needed and appreciated."

We'd be in even worse trouble without the truckers right now

they keep the 'blood' flowing in this country....I currently have 250,000 surgical masks in Nebraska en route to my company so we can redeploy worldwide to our Pharma sites.

If we lose our site in Frankfurt there will be a large insulin shortage in North America.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
@Glove Malfunction - Right now we are ALL on the same side to meet this challenge head-on.
I agree, which is why the continued political bashing in this thread is so disheartening. Complaining about interactions at a press conference does nothing to band us together or promote any further knowledge of the virus we're fighting, TOGETHER.

To use a hockey analogy, what's one thing we commonly complain about? That what's a penalty on one end of the ice should be a penalty on the other. We just want the rules applied evenly and fairly. Same thing here.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I agree, which is why the continued political bashing in this thread is so disheartening. Complaining about interactions at a press conference does nothing to band us together or promote any further knowledge of the virus we're fighting, TOGETHER.

To use a hockey analogy, what's one thing we commonly complain about? That what's a penalty on one end of the ice should be a penalty on the other. We just want the rules applied evenly and fairly. Same thing here.
You're omitting important information. That.is.all.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
they keep the 'blood' flowing in this country....I currently have 250,000 surgical masks in Nebraska en route to my company so we can redeploy worldwide to our Pharma sites.

If we lose our site in Frankfurt there will be a large insulin shortage in North America.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

This worries me. My brother is a severe insulin dependent diabetic.

I am also diabetic I don't take insulin but medication and a weekly Trulicity shot. Will Trulicity supplies be affected the same way that insulin might be affected?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I am also diabetic I don't take insulin but medication and a weekly Trulicity shot. Will Trulicity supplies be affected the same way that insulin might be affected?
I hope all will be well for you. Scary stuff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
kinda cool considering the stadium isnt even built yet.

Coronavirus: WooSox pledges $10,000 donation to ‘Worcester Together’ in its efforts to aid those impacted by COVID-19 pandemic

The Worcester Red Sox pledged to donate $10,000 this week to aid in the city’s recovery from the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

The money will go to “Worcester Together," a joint fund led by the United Way of Central Massachusetts and the Greater Worcester Community Foundation that has sought to address the needs of the city in the wake of the spread of the viral respiratory infection COVID-19.

The two charities’ efforts, run in collaboration with city officials, began last week. The organization raised nearly $2 million in its first day for relief from the outbreak. Funds are distributed to applicants who have an immediate need for assistance.

“We are eager to do our part as members of this compassionate community,” Dr. Charles Steinberg, president of both the team and the WooSox Foundation, said in a statement. “We hope this donation helps the people of our adopted city in this time of real need."

The Minor League Baseball team announced the creation of its foundation earlier this year. In its first donation, the team gave $25,000 to the Worcester Public Library and $40,000 to the city’s public schools.

Reactions: Ladyfan

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I hope all will be well for you. Scary stuff

Thank you for the thoughts. My brother has been sick for years. He is successfully battling through various major health ailments. For him to die because he won't have insulin is going to be hard to accept.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

My sister is diabetic too.

I cant speak to Trulicity....what is being advised for all prescribed medications is to ask your physician if you can get 3 months supply instead of 1 month. Many insurance companies are allowing that especially if signed up for direct mail.
Obviously any opioid/pain killers arent allowed the leeway.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thank you for the thoughts. My brother has been sick for years. He is successfully battling through various major health ailments. For him to die because he won't have insulin is going to be hard to accept.
Hopefully that won't happen. Check to make sure he has enough to cover as long as possible. I truly hope it will be OK for your brother and others.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
hopefully this helps out and other retailers follow :

Stop & Shop gives union employees raises, more sick leave to help with COVID-19 - The Boston Globe

Stop & Shop will give its union workers a 10 percent raise during the worldwide coronavirus pandemic and provide an additional two weeks of paid leave to workers who become sick with COVID-19, according to a statement from the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.

The raise and the paid leave will go to all employees of Stop & Shop and its Peapod delivery service who are members of the union, which includes more than 70,000 workers across Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. The policies will last at least through May 2.

“This essential pay and benefit increase will not only protect these hard-working men and women, it will help protect the food supply throughout our communities,” Marc Perrone, the union’s president, said in the statement.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
hopefully this helps out and other retailers follow :

Stop & Shop gives union employees raises, more sick leave to help with COVID-19 - The Boston Globe

Stop & Shop will give its union workers a 10 percent raise during the worldwide coronavirus pandemic and provide an additional two weeks of paid leave to workers who become sick with COVID-19, according to a statement from the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.

The raise and the paid leave will go to all employees of Stop & Shop and its Peapod delivery service who are members of the union, which includes more than 70,000 workers across Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. The policies will last at least through May 2.

“This essential pay and benefit increase will not only protect these hard-working men and women, it will help protect the food supply throughout our communities,” Marc Perrone, the union’s president, said in the statement.
That's what pulling together to fight this thing means...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad