OT - NO POLITICS All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Not to make this post political but in the words of the president watch out for FAKE news.

You don't have to love or hate him but he is 100% correct in times like these that only factual news should be shared and told as it creates panic among people. No doubt this is a difficult time for everyone in every country so the last thing needed is fake news so some hack journalist can get clicks.

Don't panic and take care of each other the rest will sort itself out.

Watch what you post on here and make sure it's credible so people can be fully informed.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Not to make this post political but in the words of the president watch out for FAKE news.

You don't have to love or hate him but he is 100% correct in times like these that only factual news should be shared and told as it creates panic among people. No doubt this is a difficult time for everyone in every country so the last thing needed is fake news so some hack journalist can get clicks.

Don't panic and take care of each other the rest will sort itself out.

Watch what you post on here and make sure it's credible so people can be fully informed.

Yes. You have to be vigilant about what you believe. Honestly it seems like anything that doesn’t paint him in a flattering light gets dismissed as fake news. That’s one of the problems as I see it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
returned safely to Victoria, are now on a self imposed 14 day quarantine and found out via email from my restaurant owner that all staff`s "final" paychecks, ROE`s and tips owed have been mailed out

Sucks but I wasn`t shocked. So grateful to be back on home soil, feel healthy and while the news of not having a job is terrible, my wife thankfully works in the Hospital in an administrative role that is deemed as an "Emergency Service" and while she can`t return for 2 weeks, we will, at the very least, still have a pay cheque coming in

Be well friends, for all those suffering financial hardships, I will keep all fingers and toes crossed and while I`m far from a religious individual, I will ask the man, woman or whomever is out there listening to prayers that all your needs are met

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
returned safely to Victoria, are now on a self imposed 14 day quarantine and found out via email from my restaurant owner that all staff`s "final" paychecks, ROE`s and tips owed have been mailed out

Sucks but I wasn`t shocked. So grateful to be back on home soil, feel healthy and while the news of not having a job is terrible, my wife thankfully works in the Hospital in an administrative role that is deemed as an "Emergency Service" and while she can`t return for 2 weeks, we will, at the very least, still have a pay cheque coming in

Be well friends, for all those suffering financial hardships, I will keep all fingers and toes crossed and while I`m far from a religious individual, I will ask the man, woman or whomever is out there listening to prayers that all your needs are met
Welcome back.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

My absolute best to you and yours

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I was joking

I watch that station and it’s like watching this show in the 70’s called Fernwood Tonight

I have best friends that love Fox and swear by it and I tell them all the time you are so gullible it’s embarrassing

then they start on CNN etc

I just toll my eyes

I admit I like watching Fox the same way I enjoyed the PTL channel. If I was doing stand up I’d get 1/2 my script from these phony air heads

Most I believe know they are full of shit but they have a rabid audience who will buy by their books and tune into shows allowing them have a financially lucrative life

you got $40 M +‘followers who pretty much will believe anything

I’ve seen and heard it from my own friends

For the record, my criticism was toward the Fox show, not anything you said.

Reactions: DKH

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Welcome back!

I’m sorry about your job:( I hope once this is over, you and everyone else impacted will be able to go back or find a new one quickly

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

f*** that sucks. Happy to hear that you’re home, but that sucks.

Beat of luck to you and your family.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Welcome back!

I’m sorry about your job:( I hope once this is over, you and everyone else impacted will be able to go back or find a new one quickly
thanks Ali, appreciate it, while we will definitely have to be frugal until things settle and I find some work, we`ll be ok, can`t say the same about many of my peers, 2 of whom are single mother`s where every dime counts

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
f*** that sucks. Happy to hear that you’re home, but that sucks.

Beat of luck to you and your family.
thx friend, had a pretty good idea this was going to happen but that doesn`t necessarily soften the blow. This is honestly the first time in my 30+ years in the Hospitality industry that I have ever felt somewhat pessimistic about finding a job, typically, if I left a job at 9 am in this business, more often than not, I could line up 3-4 interviews in an hour with other establishments but that just isn`t the case

I work for small business owner, we have a super busy spot but I haven`t a clue how she sits financially, no idea if this sinks the business or not but sure doesn`t look good for her right now

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Yes. You have to be vigilant about what you believe. Honestly it seems like anything that doesn’t paint him in a flattering light gets dismissed as fake news. That’s one of the problems as I see it.

It's hard for me to comment on the President as I am Canadian and don't see a lot of what goes on down there, all I am saying is stick to factual sites.

At this point I could careless what someone political view is. We are all human and we need to take care of each other.

Democrat, Republican

Liberal Conservative

We are all human

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
I went to Market Basket this morning( I don't usually shop there but now that I am home …) Some were complaining about no toilet paper and no chicken . I felt bad for the folks working there and thanked every one of them that I passed.

It is NOT their fault the shelves are empty. Some need to think before they open their mouth to bitch. One guy was really complaining about chicken. I told him ..."there is some frozen chicken that you can make due with" He just gave me the evil eye. He is lucky my baseball bat was home.

Thank YOU! This is SO much appreciated! Always! Helps keep us from getting pessimistic/testy with all the:scared::scared::scared::scared:

Reactions: lopey and Ladyfan

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
This is the first time in my life I've seen all nations, for the most part, come together and work as a team.

Usually whenever something comes up the media in any nation always expresses how we have to be there "For the American/Canadian/British/Italian, etc people."

But lately wherever I watch news regarding to COVID it's been "We need to be there for the world."

It's like there is no national bias for the most part, and the whole world is working as a team. Politics, religion and all round nationalism has been put on the back burner.

It's actually quite assuring and a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
It's hard for me to comment on the President as I am Canadian and don't see a lot of what goes on down there, all I am saying is stick to factual sites.

At this point I could careless what someone political view is. We are all human and we need to take care of each other.

Democrat, Republican

Liberal Conservative

We are all human

Very true. We all need to take extra care.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I am glad you are home and safe Andrew !

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
This is a doctor from Toronto Jewish Hospital emergency department. Talking about first hand information that I've never heard it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad