OT - NO POLITICS All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Just had a thought.....with the big TP shortage , I can't imagine what it would be like now to have kids in diapers...

Yesterday drove by a grocery store......must have been 80 cars in the lot and its a smaller than average size grocery store...

Only good thing for us is my wife and I both fall into the essential category so we are not getting killed financially like a lot of people...bad thing is she is a veterinarian so sees a lot of people, but they have started having people wait outside while they go out and get their pets to bring in.

I'm self employed and have no employees and don't work around other people so my only exposure to the public is generally the lumber yard

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People realize you can criticize the response to this without being political, right? Like there is not much debate to be had that the federal government botched this in a major way. It’s ok to be upset at them about this, it’s not partisan. They f***ed up- they’re not above criticism like some wish they would be. ESPECIALLY with how poorly this was handled. People are going to die because of them. Seems like some don’t understand this

And if you think criticizing Fox News for blaming this entire thing on millennials is political then you’re out to lunch. They’re Just as stupid as some of the kids calling this the boomer eraser....except the dumb kids don’t have massive platforms

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
To be sure, there are a lot of problems with using confirmed case data for these trajectory estimates. Italy is likely substantially undertesting, as is the US. Confirmed cases are a poor reflection of overall cases. Sometimes, growth in confirmed cases is due to increases in testing capacity, not increases in the virus’s spread.

I have to disagree with this. It could be true if they were up to date with testing and suddenly decided to do mass testing.
It's not the case. Since they lag in testing, all those infected that are not tested yet, are spreading the virus at alarming rates.

Otherwise thanks for the great article.

Reactions: Estlin

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
People realize you can criticize the response to this without being political, right? Like there is not much debate to be had that the federal government botched this in a major way. It’s ok to be upset at them about this, it’s not partisan. They f***ed up- they’re not above criticism like some wish they would be. ESPECIALLY with how poorly this was handled. People are going to die because of them. Seems like some don’t understand this

And if you think criticizing Fox News for blaming this entire thing on millennials is political then you’re out to lunch. They’re Just as stupid as some of the kids calling this the boomer eraser....except the dumb kids don’t have massive platforms
It's actually understandable that they don't get it. You have to consider the source.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Coronavirus in N.Y.: ‘Deluge’ of Cases Begins Hitting Hospitals

There are already critical shortages: A Bronx hospital is running out of ventilators. In Brooklyn, doctors are reusing masks.

New York State’s long-feared surge of coronavirus cases has begun, thrusting the medical system toward a crisis point.
In a startlingly quick ascent, officials reported on Friday that the state was closing in on 8,000 positive tests, about half the cases in the country. The number was 10 times higher than what was reported earlier in the week.
In the Bronx, doctors at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center say they have only a few remaining ventilators for patients who need them to breathe. In Brooklyn, doctors at Kings County Hospital Center say they are so low on supplies that they are reusing masks for up to a week, slathering them with hand sanitizer between shifts.

New York State’s long-feared surge of coronavirus cases has begun, thrusting the medical system toward a crisis point.
In a startlingly quick ascent, officials reported on Friday that the state was closing in on 8,000 positive tests, about half the cases in the country. The number was 10 times higher than what was reported earlier in the week.
In the Bronx, doctors at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center say they have only a few remaining ventilators for patients who need them to breathe. In Brooklyn, doctors at Kings County Hospital Center say they are so low on supplies that they are reusing masks for up to a week, slathering them with hand sanitizer between shifts.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston

So much this. I wish people truly understood this. It's not team blue vs team red, it's team us vs team virus, and pointing out all the mistakes our coach & management has made is valid.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Yeah that’s about par for the course for them, blame the entire younger generation for not taking it seriously when the president who actually holds power and influence didn’t take it seriously. Appeals to the 60 YO audience Fox News has.

Pretty much every millennial I know is shut in their houses due to anxiety from crippling debt anyway. Meanwhile my mom had to force my 82 year old grandmother from going to mahjong with the gals lol. I guarantee I’m gonna have to bully my diabetic dad into not playing poker with the boys this weekend too

I’m passing up tinder dates for f***s sake! I can try to break a dry streak and didn’t and you clown birds have the audacity to call me out! Give me a break Fox News I don’t need this shit! Go get vaped on by the vape gawd again

I travel for work and it is a lot more then 60+. Go ahead and all military and blue collar in a large portion of the country and it’s a lot closer. They have a very strong foothold in some very large regions of the US.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I travel for work and it is a lot more then 60+. Go ahead and all military and blue collar in a large portion of the country and it’s a lot closer. They have a very strong foothold in some very large regions of the US.

average age of a viewer is 65. Of course there are others that watch it but this is the case with a majority of news networks. I believe msnbc has a similar viewing age, they just don’t blast the same anti-millennial propaganda that you see from Fox

Generally speaking younger people consume news in a much different way (typically the internet)

Reactions: Bocephus86

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
No arguement from me. In 1978 I saw not only the worst in people but also amazing and inspirational traits in some people.

There will be both. Always.

Amid coronavirus pandemic, neighbors delivering what government cannot - The Boston Globe
I was born during the blizzard. My father was at the grocery store checkout and found out they weren’t taking checks. He didn’t have cash. The woman in front of him paid and he believes she was an angel. He chased this old woman to the parking lot and couldn’t find her. She had to be on foot because there were no cars on the road at that point.

I love hearing my father tell that story.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Still late I agree but is this not 50% more then the others have promised?

And will it be enough? I don’t know how far 1.5 million goes? How many employees approximately fall under this umbrella?
I wonder how much that go fund me that Marchy was supporting has raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->