Coronavirus Dashboard

Continued from OT - NO POLITICS - The Coronavirus Covid-19

upload_2020-3-16_2-49-48.png

2187tNH.png

Last edited:

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
We stopped testing people unless they have pretty bad symptoms. Our government shows us calming numbers of how the virus is under control but the numbers are not even mildly close (because of the lack of testing). Streets are empty. Situation is not out of control yet but I fear the worst.

Our government is soon deciding on if we apply a law that is used only in extreme situations such as a war. I dont know how to translate it, but it basically forbids traveling from city-to-city, transfering less needed medical departments to help out with corona, close schools for 3 months, etc.

On the positive note; I really trust my fellow Finnish people. In a case like this we can show the world that we can do this, as a community.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
HBO's John Oliver pulled no punches Sunday night

I am posting this because his underlying message is spot on.

Today it doesn't matter one iota what could have been done - What does matter is as citizens we utilize common sense going forward.

WARNING LANGUAGE

Oliver's show last night had a cable access look about it as they had to scramble to find another studio as CBS in New York had to close down because of several staffers testing positive.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
World Closes In on Itself as Measures to Slow Virus Intensify

The Centers for Disease Control recommended that all gatherings of more than 50 people be banned. Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York called for the military to help. And public life is severely curtailed.

Global restrictions rise, but so do the number of new infections.

Countries closed borders, cities from New York and Los Angeles to Paris and Madrid closed bars and restaurants, schools closed more classrooms and hundreds of millions of people closed their doors on one another as the authorities took ever more drastic steps to slow the spread of the new coronavirus.
The consequences of China’s harsh measures to halt the virus — restricting the movement of about 700 million people at one point — became apparent on Monday when the government released economic data showing industrial output falling to its lowest level in decades and unemployment rising at its highest rate ever in February.

Coronavirus Live Updates: World Closes In on Itself as Measures to Slow Virus Intensify

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
In how long is soon?
2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks.

Or more...
well consider that it took China what, 8-12 weeks, and add into the mix that they've been way more strict about handling the whole scenario.
If you believe their numbers that is.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
HBO's John Oliver pulled no punches Sunday night

I am posting this because his underlying message is spot on.

Today it doesn't matter one iota what could have been done - What does matter is as citizens we utilize common sense going forward.

WARNING LANGUAGE

Oliver's show last night had a cable access look about it as they had to scramble to find another studio as CBS in New York had to close down because of several staffers testing positive.

Lots of great objective criticisms of how our government was prepped (lack of) for something like this, as well as how they are mishandling their response.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Alicat

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
well consider that it took China what, 8-12 weeks, and add into the mix that they've been way more strict about handling the whole scenario.
If you believe their numbers that is.
Since the beginning I was warning people to take this Coronavirus seriously. We are nowhere near soon.

I know it will take months before this starts to get better, depending on how it will be handled. At best of the best... 2 months, and that being very optimistic.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Since the beginning I was warning people to take this Coronavirus seriously. We are nowhere near soon.

I know it will take months before this starts to get better, depending on how it will be handled. At best of the best... 2 months, and that being very optimistic.

nobody acted fast enough going back to January, even December when it was first reported.

Reactions: lopey

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Seems like the plan is to stretch it out so it doesn't overwhelm our shitty system, so hopefully it's months.
If they manage to flattened the curve... witch I highly doubt. since the late response, and the lack of plan,measures and testing to tackle a highly contagious virus that spreads like no one before. 2 months is very optimistic.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lots of great objective criticisms of how our government was prepped (lack of) for something like this, as well as how they are mishandling their response.

Thanks for sharing.

The criticisms of the administration are very relevant and valid. The response has been terrible and it’s going to cost lives. The response probably would have been underwhelming with any administration as it just seems like we were woefully unprepared on all levels. Certainly didn’t help that this one closed up the NSC’s pandemic response office though. DEFINITELY didn’t help that they initially downplayed this as the sniffles. It’s literally going to cost people lives.

Who could have seen something like this coming (except for every epidemiologist on the planet)????

Hopefully every ensuing administration learns valuable lessons from the present times and are more prepared for these events going forward. I have a feeling this isn’t the last we’ll see of something like this is my lifetime

Last edited by a moderator:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
nobody acted fast enough going back to January, even December when it was first reported.
Pretty much, they were all on the sleeping pills. The government that is. As for the people, if they don't follow the rules.. this will get messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad