GDT: All things Baseball

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
the reds are a lot like us becuase they suck at tanking and using high draft picks

Yeah but the Reds at least have made the playoffs this decade. They probably should have kept Dusty Baker around after 2013 though.

Yep, a lot of good local baseball this year. We could have four NC teams hosting regionals.

I know State/Carolina typically have top-25 teams but Duke being this good is surprising to me.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Final score. Nationals 25, Mets 4.

:laugh:

Back when my dad with living in Maryland I got to witness history when the Orioles vs Texas Rangers played a double header at Camden Yards. My ticket for both games was $8. The O’s were up 3-0 going into the 4th inning of the first game, they managed to blow the lead. They only lost 30-3! Best of all they had to play a 2nd game that day 30 minutes later, Rangers won that one too 9-7. Rangers put up 39 runs in 7 hours :laugh:

Also when I was living in Tampa I got to experience being at the 7th longest game in baseball history. Again the O’s were involved. It was the most boring 9 extra innings ever, 0 runs scored through those extra innings if I remember correctly. Rays finally won in the 18th inning from a walk off single. Game ended at sometime after 2am. My friends and I even made it on tv late in the game, I have a screenshot of it somewhere. My friend’s dad was an O’s fan and was watching it on tv.

Note: If you ever want to go to a historical baseball game, just buy a ticket to a game I’m attending.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Just saw the Bulls are going to play again for the Triple A championship.

Sure wish we could get that kind of consistency from a certain NHL team.

Just as long as it's the Bulls consistency and not the Mudcats consistency. They've got a playoff drought longer than the Hurricanes - Mudcats haven't had a playoff team since 2008.

Reactions: Unsustainable

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I must have missed when the Mudcats cut ties w/ the Braves. I'm sure I posted about it but forgot.

From what I remember/understand, it was more that the Braves cut ties with the Mudcats. They decided to affiliate with the Florida Fire Frogs when that team relocated to Kissimmee from Brevard County in 2016 (at present the Braves Spring Training facility is in Kissimmee, so that made sense. When they relocate Spring Training to North Port, FL, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Braves make a move to purchase the Fire Frogs and also move them to the Sarasota area). The Brewers then bought the Mudcats (because they'd been affiliated with Brevard County and needed a new High-A affiliate)

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Triad area posters - prepare to welcome your new black and gold overlords as the Hoppers announce that the Pirates are their new major league affiliate. The Marlins, meanwhile, will affiliate with the Clinton LumberKings of the Midwest League. The Pirates old Low-A affiliate, the West Virginia Power, have affiliated with the Seattle Mariners (who were previous affiliated with the aforementioned LumberKings).

42369860_10156110445759055_4244756263566573568_n.jpg

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
For those who have never been, the Grasshoppers stadium is awesome

It absolutely is. Easily in my Top 5 MiLB parks I've been to. It was built so that the Grasshoppers could potentially move up to being a Double-A club at some point, although I think that's doubtful to happen any more because of how the Southern League has shifted its geography.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

God I wish the Red Sox and/or Yankees could be found guilty of something like this, I can picture ESPN making excuses for them already. Still though :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad