All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Rampage controlled that game from start to finish. The lack of any kind of power play and the complete breakdowns defensively were the difference.

Sounds like most of these guys are learning The Blues Way early on. Good to see.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I would not be in favor of bringing Husso into a dysfunctional environment where he feels the pressure to be the difference. The team need to get their play sorted out better first. I’m not excusing Allen, just don’t think it makes sense to make a change if you’re just throwing your young future goalie to the wolves. This team is not playing like the team that had the 3rd fewest shots against yet.

I’ve never seen you this argumentative Easton.

I absolutely think we should bring Husso into a situation where we need him to be our #1. All that has ever been mentioned about Husso is that he's solid, level headed, and professional (minus some early lack of conditioning). He has continually been the best goalie everywhere he's been. Look at his 18-20 y/o seasons in Liiga, where he was automatically the #1 after doing so well in juniors and international tournaments (check those stats too). When given finally the reigns in Chicago for a span, he played exceptionally. He played very well last season for San Antonio. Two games into this season he has posted 2.03 .923.

I'm not saying he's necessarily ready at this moment, but he's a guy who finds a way to compete at higher levels when he needs to. Jake Allen better not go on the IR for very long this season if he wants to keep his job.

Reactions: Honeycutt

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I absolutely think we should bring Husso into a situation where we need him to be our #1. All that has ever been mentioned about Husso is that he's solid, level headed, and professional (minus some early lack of conditioning). He has continually been the best goalie everywhere he's been. Look at his 18-20 y/o seasons in Liiga, where he was automatically the #1 after doing so well in juniors and international tournaments (check those stats too). When given finally the reigns in Chicago for a span, he played exceptionally. He played very well last season for San Antonio. Two games into this season he has posted 2.03 .923.

I'm not saying he's necessarily ready at this moment, but he's a guy who finds a way to compete at higher levels when he needs to. Jake Allen better not go on the IR for very long this season if he wants to keep his job.
You’re arguing with a straw man. My point is that Husso should be put in a situation with the best chance for success. It has nothing to do with being the starter or not. But it shouldn’t be a situation where the rest of the team is playing badly and there is an expectation that he is going to make up for it.

Frankly, it’s pretty unlikely Husso comes up,if it’s not to at least split starts. He needs to be playing, not sit as the back-up (this year). If he did get called up, and Allen reasserted himself as the starter, I wouldn’t be surprised if Husso was sent back down to get more starts. Seems more likely to me that Allen would function as the co-starter or back-up.

There is a legit scenario there where the Blues keep Allen as the back-up. Because they can afford him under the cap due to Husso’s low salary, and because they don’t want to pay assets to get someone to take him.

BlueDuck

Sep 24, 2018
To me the best scenario for Husso to get the starts\experience that he needs while putting him in the best position to succeed would be to waive\send down Johnson at some point and bring Husso in as a 1A\1B type situation where him and Jake pretty much split starts. If this could be done about 40%ish of the way through the season then Husso would still get in the range of 45-50ish total starts between the AHL\NHL to keep his development curve intact. The problem would be to present this to Shakey Jakey in a way so as not to totally blow out his fragile porcelain mentality. Just my 2¢

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Sanford is having a pretty solid start.. if Schwartz is out long term would rather see him on the 4th line rather than throborn

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Is Kaspick injured? He's a guy that I envision being somewhat of a dark horse like Blais. I think he will be better than Blais eventually.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Is Kaspick injured? He's a guy that I envision being somewhat of a dark horse like Blais. I think he will be better than Blais eventually.

Yeah he’s still nursing what I think is a rib injury. I think he might have cracked it during Traverse City, we haven’t seen much of him since then.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
From what I understand, Kaspick has been skating for the last couple of weeks in a non contact jersey. I'd imagine (hope) he's ready next weekend in Manitoba.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Just what kind of Rampage d-core pairs are? Which one are 1st pair, 2nd and 3rd. Sorry for bad question.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
There really isnt a hierarchy of pairings, but the combinations have been mostly:

Butler-LaLeggia
Wotherspoon-Reinke
Mikkola-Walman

They have tinkered with the pairings quite a bit as well. Still trying to figure out chemistry.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
There really isnt a hierarchy of pairings, but the combinations have been mostly:

Butler-LaLeggia
Wotherspoon-Reinke
Mikkola-Walman

They have tinkered with the pairings quite a bit as well. Still trying to figure out chemistry.

Oh god, what have you done? If there was no hierarchy of pairings, for the love of all that is holy why did you put Mikkola's pair on the bottom of the list? Prepare for Ranksu to blow his top about mismanaging our prospects in 5...4...3.....

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Butler-LaLeggia
Wotherspoon-Reinke
Mikkola-Walman

Thank you for info.

Can you give details ATOI/GP per player (dmen) and who Lost Time at PP and PK? Thank you. Hard to see anything stats on AHL games, only box score about previous game, but nothing what would give direction who are getting Lost icetime etc.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Thank you for info.

Can you give details ATOI/GP per player (dmen) and who Lost Time at PP and PK? Thank you. Hard to see anything stats on AHL games, only box score about previous game, but nothing what would give direction who are getting Lost icetime etc.
They don't officially track and publish AHL icetime. Someone who has watched some of the games may be able to give us estimate, but league at direction of teams doesn't provide.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
They don't officially track and publish AHL icetime. Someone who has watched some of the games may be able to give us estimate, but league at direction of teams doesn't provide.

This. It'll be a while, but the next non Friday home game, I'd be glad to track pairings or individual player's ice time. Just let me know who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad