All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Will Binnington be starting that game? Is it possible he knows he’s starting that one already? Either way, dig that lid.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
With zero inside knowledge, I'd guess Husso plays both in Manitoba (barring a disaster in game 1), then they split the mid week pair of games. Husso goes next Friday and Binner Sunday.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
With zero inside knowledge, I'd guess Husso plays both in Manitoba (barring a disaster in game 1), then they split the mid week pair of games. Husso goes next Friday and Binner Sunday.
Hey can you give details how Mikkola has played in Rampage? And does he get any icetime at PP or only get used at PK?

BleedBlueForever

Jun 24, 2015
Hey can you give details how Mikkola has played in Rampage? And does he get any icetime at PP or only get used at PK?

I bought the AHL package this year and have watched 2 games so far. Mikkola has looked pretty solid so far. He has been playing a lot on his offside which I think you mentioned before when he played in Liiga. He's gotten plenty of PK time and has laid the body a decent amount. Definitely will stir it up with other teams. Also I think the biggest thing I enjoy from him is when he joins the rush and goes directly to the nets and causes some havoc.

stlwahoo

Feb 27, 2008
MO
Is it because The Blues want The Rampage to use the same offensive system as Yeo is using with The Blues?

Who knew a person could read this as both a serious inquiry or a snarky one and somehow both can apply to this years team. What a crazy start to a season.

Reactions: Robb_K

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well, that’s what happens when Kyrou, Blais and Sanford are in STL currently. That’s 3 great players the Rampage could have. They’re also missing Sundqvist and Foley due to injuries who would also help a lot. So it is understandable. Hopefully those 2 can get back to them soon.

Still, I guess I expected some guys like Stevens, Poganski, Musil, MacEachern etc to step up. Soshnikov is going down there on a conditioning stint. Hopefully he does well.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
I bought the AHL package this year and have watched 2 games so far. Mikkola has looked pretty solid so far. He has been playing a lot on his offside which I think you mentioned before when he played in Liiga. He's gotten plenty of PK time and has laid the body a decent amount. Definitely will stir it up with other teams. Also I think the biggest thing I enjoy from him is when he joins the rush and goes directly to the nets and causes some havoc.

Sounds like Edmundson.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
The Drew Bannister led Soo Greyhounds had 7 regulation losses in 2017-18.

The Drew Bannister led San Antonio Rampage could match that total by Wednesday.

Welcome to the AHL, coach!

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The Drew Bannister led Soo Greyhounds had 7 regulation losses in 2017-18.

The Drew Bannister led San Antonio Rampage could match that total by Wednesday.

Welcome to the AHL, coach!

The Blues haven't been much help. "We need our own AHL team because we have far too much talent in our system"....<Gets own AHL team>...."Here, Coach Bannister, you can have Nolan, Thorburn Laleggia and Butler."

Reactions: RampageNate

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blais sent to the AHL. Is Fabbri coming back???
Hopefully very close.

And hopefully a couple other injured guys (Sundqvist, Foley) can get healthy and be sent down soon to help San Antonio's awful offense. Blais will be a nice add.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Man, I guess I should have expected Blais to be sent down, but I never thought he was that bad while up with the Blues.

I guess we'll see how long Sanford lasts with the big club.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Man, I guess I should have expected Blais to be sent down, but I never thought he was that bad while up with the Blues.

I guess we'll see how long Sanford lasts with the big club.

Blais = 9 games, 0 points, -3
Sanford = 3 games, 2 points, +3

Blais has been good at drawing penalties, but has otherwise looked entirely lost. Sanford has looked confident, has been in the right spots, has checked effectively, and made smart, quick, tape-to-tape passes. It isn’t hard to understand why one is in St. Louis and the other is in San Antonio.

I hope Blais takes ownership of the Rampage and activates some offense down there. He’s certainly more than capable of doing that. Just not in St. Louis, not right now.

Reactions: ezcreepin

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I think Blais is still a decent prospect. He's only 22 and just turned that in June. Let him marinate in the ahl and hope he figures out the things he needs to do to be effective. Problem is he has had chances to make a statement in the nhl but has either been injured or just looked quite bad. At least he was healthy, helped draw penalties, and was active in the checking game. Now put it together and start using your IQ and offensive talent to separate yourself from ahl players and nhl players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->