All-stars and MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee and 7's*

Why was Nittymäkki named the MVP?

Kovalchuk was the MVP in so many ways:

-helping Finland to the Final.
-helping Czechs win bronze.
-helping Russia beat Latvia in the Preliminaries.

:sarcasm:

TOPGUN

I Am Terrible!
Jul 31, 2005
Holland
John Flyers Fan said:
All tourney team:

Selanne - Koivu - Ovechkin
Lidstrom - Timonen
Niittymaki

Niittymaki was also the MVP.

Can't disagree with that. Congratz to Niittymaki the guy played awesome :handclap:

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
dakdak said:
Why was Nittymäkki named the MVP?

Kovalchuk was the MVP in so many ways:

-helping Finland to the Final.
-helping Czechs win bronze.
-helping Russia beat Latvia in the Preliminaries.

:sarcasm:

:biglaugh:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Datsyuk was clearly better than Ovechkin and arguably Malkin. He just got a spot because of flashiness and being hyped as the most exciting/best Russian going into the tournament. Even North American commentators praised him beyond his due and ignored many of Datsyuk's efforts.

Hell, nobody on team Russia deserves a spot on the allstar team.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Slitty said:
Datsyuk was clearly better than Ovechkin and arguably Malkin. He just got a spot because of flashiness and being hyped as the most exciting/best Russian going into the tournament. Even North American commentators praised him beyond his due and ignored many of Datsyuk's efforts.

Hell, nobody on team Russia deserves a spot on the allstar team.

Ovechkin was his team's best player in both elimination games, which could have given him an edge. I really didn't think he was given the opportunity to seperate himself from Datsyuk and Malkin overall, but I attribute most of that to Krik.

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
I dont think Ovechkin deserved to be in the all-star team. But then again, I dont know who I would replace him with. :dunno: :)

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
Slitty said:
Ovechkin is also a winger, something that Datsyuk and Malkin are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad