All Star Voting-Cody Mcleod

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It was cute with Scott. But now it has been done.

I don't even care about the ASG anymore. They've changed the format and everything so often I don't even know/care how it works anymore. I'll watch the skills comp, and the young guys game if they still have that.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It was cute with Scott. But now it has been done.

I don't even care about the ASG anymore. They've changed the format and everything so often I don't even know/care how it works anymore. I'll watch the skills comp, and the young guys game if they still have that.
Yeah, the ASG sucks now. I was more interested when it was a regular 12-11 game.

No need to complicate things.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah, the ASG sucks now. I was more interested when it was a regular 12-11 game.

No need to complicate things.
What do they do now? They do a draft and then play mini-games? Or am I confusing my sports? I honestly don't even know. They've had so many formats over the years.

I was always fine with East vs. West. I know it doesn't carry the same intensity as it once did since guys move around so much, but still. It made sense to me. Even North America vs. The World.

Just seems like everything is a novelty. Inasmuch as the concept of the ASG is a novelty, anyway.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What do they do now? They do a draft and then play mini-games? Or am I confusing my sports? I honestly don't even know. They've had so many formats over the years.

I was always fine with East vs. West. I know it doesn't carry the same intensity as it once did since guys move around so much, but still. It made sense to me. Even North America vs. The World.

Just seems like everything is a novelty. In as much as the concept of the ASG is a novelty, anyway.
The draft was from a few years ago. Now it's by division, but yeah, the divisions play minigames.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I really enjoyed with it was just a big scoring fest and they had a bunch of the players mic'd up, and the broadcasters would chat with random players while they're on the ice.

Reactions: nyr2k2

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
No. We are not a Mickey Mouse fan base. The players made the best out of what could have been potentially a disastrous situation with John Scott that I personally was dreading. No need to chance it again, and I enjoyed the new 3 on 3 format and the level of competitiveness created by elimination.

Reactions: Elliman

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
No.

And I don't even know why there is an all-star game anymore. They should just give all players a week off and that's it.

Every 4 years Olympics.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017

Just seems like everything is a novelty. Inasmuch as the concept of the ASG is a novelty, anyway.

Nothing wrong with East v West. The ASG has turned into a pantomime.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
No. We are not a Mickey Mouse fan base. The players made the best out of what could have been potentially a disastrous situation with John Scott that I personally was dreading. No need to chance it again, and I enjoyed the new 3 on 3 format and the level of competitiveness created by elimination.
Specifically what disaster was narrowly averted?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I haven't watched an all star game in at least 25 years and I don't think I'm ever going to give it another chance. Just seeing the odd highlight clip is enough to turn me off. It's junk as far as I'm concerned. If that is what hockey really became I wouldn't be a fan anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad