All Star Team So Far?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Canada doesn't deserve 3 players on the AST.
I would try to make a team, only I haven't seen B division that much...

Lehtonen - xxxxx - xxxxx
E.Johnson - K. Russell
C.Price

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I think the goalie position will be up for debate till the final game. It can't get any better then that..Canada against Russia, Price against Varlamov.

Not to take anything away from Varlamov..but he's seen a lot less rubber then Price..

Price- 5GP, 152 SOG, 0.97GAA, .9671 SV %

Varlamov- 5GP, 107 SOG, 1.00GAA, .9533 SV %

Both goalies have been tremendous....

Last edited:

wildone26*

The goalie spot should not even be a debate. Unless Price has a horrable game in the final, and Varmalov stands on his head it should be no contest. Varmalov is very overrated and is getting alot of credit he does not deserve though. If he played for Canada the team would have lost atleast twice already and definitely would have lost today, no chance.

msky

Dec 12, 2006
bumagin-krysanov-cherepanov
ryasenskiy-buravchikov
varlamov

knights2005

Dec 13, 2006
Price and Varlamov have similar numbers. This position will be decided in the gold medal game (unless one of the goalies in the bronze medal game stops about 90 shots I can't see anybody but Price or Varlamov getting it). The one thing Price does have over Varlamov is a SO victory so if Canada beats Russia, I think Price will be a lock.

That said, the Directorate Awards and the All-Star team always seem to have a few throw-in positions to the 3rd and 4th place teams as a consolation prize. When Canada won, I digress, utterly pulverized the competition in Grand Forks I believe they scooped up less than half the awards (Bergeron-MVP, Carter-Forward, Phaneuf- best D-man and all-star). Not sure how Getzlaf or Crosby didn't get in there with the numbers they put up.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Wow. What a lack of respect for Canada's shut-down duo so far.

Cherepanov-Toews-Kane
Staal-Parent
Price

wildone26*

Price and Varlamov have similar numbers.

Price has a SV% of 96.71%, Varlamov has a SV% of 95.33%. That is not even close. The only award Varlamov should win if the tournaments most overrated player, playing goal for Russia is the easiest job of the tournament so far.

lennywebster

Dec 14, 2005
From the game i've seen so far : (canada group)

Kane - Toews - Okposo
Marc Staal - Jack Johnson
Price

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Osala - Toews - Cherepanov
E.Johnson - Buravchikov
Varlamov

How can a Canada forward (and no D or G) end up on a AST, when the only thing Team Canada as a whole did very well is avoiding goals?!??

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
How can a Canada forward (and no D or G) end up on a AST, when the only thing Team Canada as a whole did very well is avoiding goals?!??

Because Toews = money. Timely goals, great defense, face-off proficiency. He's been a rennaissance man, and he deserves to be recognized for it.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Seeing as all group A teams won their 1/4 final, Im gonna say there will be only 1 russian in the AST if Canada wins Gold and its Cherepanov. Group B was dreadfull this year with a very poor team Finland and thin Czech.

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki

Well, this is (my) All Star team, not team Canada. Toews is an excellent player and has been playing well. I think he diserves to be there and i'm not saying that the canadian defensemens (+Price) don't diserve that. I have just liked EJ, Buravchikov & Varlamov more. Thats all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad