News Article: All-Star Roster thread

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I feel this would be a good start for All-Star game and roster talk. I love how Panarin made it and well deserved. Is it me or did Mika Zibanejad being hurt, hurt his chances of being selected? I feel last season Mika should have made the All-Star game over Lundqvist and in my opinion Mika Zibanejad should be added to the roster this year if and when someone needs to be replaced.

I feel Mika is one of the most underrated players and underappreciated players in the league.

Why did the NHL stop having the rookie game in the All-Star with 1st and 2ed year pros??

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Panarin, Zibanejad, DeAngelo, Trouba, and the goalies will all get consideration, I would think. Maybe Strome?

Panarin is a given. Zibanejad may not have played enough. DeAngelo deserves it on points but I don't know if his crappy defense hurts him (it's an ASG, who cares). Trouba would be name recognition as well as his solid play. And hard to justify a goalie when we have a pure time split.

EDIT: I actually didn't know they named the teams. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: RangersFan1994

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Seth Jones getting the call over Zibanejad was odd. With Korpisalo's injury Jones becomes the sole CBJ rep, but they didn't know that when they picked the teams.

They don't have a one skater per team rule either as we only sent Hank last year and Arizona only send Kuemper this year.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'd prefer Mike doesn't make it so he can rest up. Wish Panarin would pull an Ovechkin.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'd prefer Mike doesn't make it so he can rest up. Wish Panarin would pull an Ovechkin.

There's no reason for him to do that. Ovechkin wants to use the break to rest up for the stretch run, but the Rangers aren't likely to make the playoffs anyway

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wish they'd just stop doing these. Announce rosters, do the skills comp, give everyone a few days off and leave it at that. I know it's a revenue source for the League and host city, but I just couldn't care any less about it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It would be Zibanejad’s first All Star? He should be going. He earned the honor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->