Speculation: All Star Game

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
The ones I'd be targeting to get in would be Johansen, Bobrovsky, Hartnell, and Foligno. Maybe one or two additional ones.

Once the ballot comes out, I'll post the plans to stuff the ballot box.;)

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Johansen and Bob are near locks.

Foligno, Hartnell, and Wiz are possibilities as well.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I am not at all sure why Johanson is a lock. Not sure he has a lot of support outside of Columbus. His stats are not over whelming. There are a lot of good centers in the east.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I am not at all sure why Johanson is a lock. Not sure he has a lot of support outside of Columbus. His stats are not over whelming. There are a lot of good centers in the east.

He's currently #5 in the East in scoring behind Crosby, Voracek, Giroux, and Kessel.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Stop bringing your stats into a debate!

Ryjo and Bob for us, most likely. Nash and Vorecek probably will also and I hope Jake gets a good reception. **** Nash
Didn't Jake take a shot at the Columbus fans once he got traded to Philly? I remember him tweeting(and quickly deleting?) something about in Philly, lots of fan support but in Columbus, there was hardly any and it was always disappointing. At the time he was with Columbus, what he said was true but I think some fans were offended. Or is this something so small(and likely forgotten) that he would get applauded if he played in the game?
Tried googling it but couldn't find the exact comment.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The ones I'd be targeting to get in would be Johansen, Bobrovsky, Hartnell, and Foligno. Maybe one or two additional ones.

Once the ballot comes out, I'll post the plans to stuff the ballot box.;)
That's my list as well, more or less. Foligno and one of Hartnell or Dubinsky would be the guys I'd promote to other fanbases. Hartnell would be in exchange for supporting Jake, and Dubi in exchange for supporting Nash. Foligno I imagine wouldn't need to be sold to Ottawa. :)

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
He's currently #5 in the East in scoring behind Crosby, Voracek, Giroux, and Kessel.

PrinceFielderBatFlip1.gif

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
That's my list as well, more or less. Foligno and one of Hartnell or Dubinsky would be the guys I'd promote to other fanbases. Hartnell would be in exchange for supporting Jake, and Dubi in exchange for supporting Nash. Foligno I imagine wouldn't need to be sold to Ottawa. :)

Don't worry, I've already got a spreadsheet going of how I'd like the coalitions to look.;)

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
Bob is our only "lock" to make the ASG. Not based off of stats, but based off of the love he gets from the fans. Joey, Foligno, Hartnell and Wiz are certainly possibilities, too. But I wouldn't expect more than 2 or 3 players from our team to make the cut (Probably Bob and Joey). Johansen would be fun to watch in the skills competition.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Bob is our only "lock" to make the ASG. Not based off of stats, but based off of the love he gets from the fans. Joey, Foligno, Hartnell and Wiz are certainly possibilities, too. But I wouldn't expect more than 2 or 3 players from our team to make the cut (Probably Bob and Joey). Johansen would be fun to watch in the skills competition.

I believe only 6 are voted in (assuming they use the fantasy draft format).

Johansen will make it on his own merits. And if not, the hometown factor will probably help too.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
my guess is bob too maybe joey but i hope boone can too what is the cut off for the young guns show rookies

silver89

Nov 25, 2013
Sweden
Halfway through the player introductions...

"From the Columbus Blue Jackets, Forward, NUMBER 8, NATHAN HORTON!

*HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT*

Building explodes. :laugh: :handclap:

That would be something.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Halfway through the player introductions...

"From the Columbus Blue Jackets, Forward, NUMBER 8, NATHAN HORTON!

*HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT*

Building explodes. :laugh: :handclap:

That would be something.

And then he skates around doing the Ned Braden striptease and walks off into retirement

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

It's like you didn't even take the 2 seconds to look up said stats.

I don't get the love for Wiz. If it's based on this year, he has 2-6-8 in 14 games so far, 41st in points among defensemen. He's very much a long shot. I would consider Foligno and Hartnell to have better chances.

Bob/Joey
Foligno/Hartnell

Wiz

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
It's like you didn't even take the 2 seconds to look up said stats.

I don't get the love for Wiz. If it's based on this year, he has 2-6-8 in 14 games so far, 41st in points among defensemen. He's very much a long shot. I would consider Foligno and Hartnell to have better chances.

Bob/Joey
Foligno/Hartnell

Wiz

They do look a lot at the previous year's stats, and he was 8th in the league in points by defensemen.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio

20 points in 17 games isn't good enough for you? What were you expecting from Joey at this point, 30 points? 50 points? 100 points? 1,000,000? Hard to do much better than what he's done...
Generally if you're a PPG player, you're in the all-star game.

I agree with Johansen and Bobrovsky, Foligno and Hartnell are maybe's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad