All-Star Game selection

Who should be Carolina's All-Star selection?

• Total voters

Helsinki Hurricanes

Sep 6, 2018
I'm the biggest Aho/TT fanboy there is and still voted Hamilton.

I feel like a guy like Aho who has already done it doesn't get as much out of it. I would rather have Hamilton, Svech or TT get the spotlight as an acknowledgement of their great seasons.

Reactions: Unsustainable

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd rather see Svech in the 3v3 format but Dougie is a lock and I doubt the Canes get 2. Hamilton is the 2nd best D in the NHL right now.

#2 in Overall points
#4 in 5v5 points
#5 in PP points

5v5 stats (>500 minutes):
#1 in CF% at 57.1%
#1 in Scoring CF% at 59.1%
#4 in GF% at 63.6%

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
It's the 2025 All-Star event. Sweat drips down Connor McDavid's face as he stands behind the net, ready to start the skills competition's most anticipated event. The starting horn sounds. McDavid whips a puck lacrosse style past the goal mouth. He just misses the opposite corner.

Svech sits on his throne at center ice, eating a turkey leg and enjoying the festivities. For Svechnikov does not participate in the All-Star challenge. Svechnikov is the All-Star challenge.

Last edited:

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
There are 9 skaters and 2 goalies per division, and at least one rep per team. Then there's the issue of "do you pick the guys having the best seasons" or "go with the stars." I prefer the first, but I can also see the NHL's thinking that it's not an All-Star weekend without big stars.

Metro thoughts:
  • Neither CLB nor NJD deserve anyone, so they get one spot each, one at F, one on D.
  • PHI (probably a F) and NYI (probably a G) do deserve reps, but nobody stands out as having an "All-Star season."
  • Panarin is the obvious pick for NYR, but is it possible for the NHL *not* to include Lundqvist?
  • Jarry is the obvious pick for PIT, but again, is it possible for the NHL *not* to include Crosby, Malkin or Letang in favor of Jarry and Guentzel (the two guys who actually deserve it)?
  • Four guys deserve it from both CAR and WSH, but with the limited roster space, they should probably just get two each (but WSH will probably get three and we'll get one)
  • The advantage we do have is that I don't think the NHL is going to want to give Kuznetsov an All-Star spot after this past summer's festivities, so if it comes down to Kuzy or Svech, I think we get the nod. And Svech just flat-out has the stats on Oshie or Vrana, but that rarely matters with the NHL.
  • I'm assuming Ovechkin gets voted captain. There's a movement to vote Lindblom captain, too, and if that happens, he's obviously not playing, so nothing changes. However, if somebody *other* than Ovechkin or Lindblom are voted captain, this all gets thrown into a blender again.
My team:

Ovechkin, F, WSH
Panarin, F, NYR
Konecny, F, PHI
Guentzel, F, PIT
Svechnikov, F, CAR
Palmeiri, NJD
Carlson, D, WSH
Hamilton, D, CAR
Jones, D, CLB
Jarry, G, PIT
Varlamov, G, NYI

Likely NHL selections:

Ovechkin, F, WSH
Panarin, F, NYR
Couturier, F, PHI
Crosby, F, PIT
Svechnikov, F, CAR
Palmeiri, NJD
Carlson, D, WSH
Hamilton, D, CAR
Jones, D, CLB
Varlamov, G, NYI
Lundqvist, G, NYR

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
There are 9 skaters and 2 goalies per division, and at least one rep per team. Then there's the issue of "do you pick the guys having the best seasons" or "go with the stars." I prefer the first, but I can also see the NHL's thinking that it's not an All-Star weekend without big stars.

It's 9 and 2, but are they doing the "Last Man In" fan voting again?

If so, you need to squeeze the one rep per team into 8 and 2.

Reactions: Unsustainable

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
This seems more or less fair to me in terms of balancing ‘stars’ with deserving and at lest 1 player per team.

F
Was - Ovechkin
Pit - Malkin
Nyi - Barzal
Phi - Konecny
Car - Svech
Nyr - Panarin

D
Was - Carlson
Car - Hamilton
Nj - Subban

G