All Scandinavian Team

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Zuccarello and Thoresen should be on this team. What danish forward is better? Eller, Nielsen and Boedker are good, but not better.

All Scandinavian team would most likely be Team Sweden.

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
To be honest, I don’t think any Danish or Norwegian players would ever make an all Scandinavian team. Only Swedish and Finnish (for those who consider Finland as a part of Scandinavia) players, in my opinion.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well I would say that both Frans Nielsen and Mikkel Bødker could enter a Scandinavian team on the lower lines as could Thoresen.
Zuccarello is not good enough for a top6, so will likely not be a bottom6 player.

robwangjing

Jul 10, 2013
Beijing
In reality I think so too, most players would be from Sweden and Finland. Most likely everyone.

So it would be more fun to see an "All Danish-Norwegian" team.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Finland is a part of the nordic countries but not a part of Scandinavia.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Even with the exclusion of Finland, Denmark and Norway would still have a hard time getting any players on the team.

I agree with Robwangjing, id like to see a DK/NO team.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
A Norway/Denmark Team:

Goalies(x3):
Lars Haugen, Dinamo Minsk, KHL (Norway)
Frederik Andersen, Anaheim Ducks, NHL (Denmark)
Lars Volden, Espoo Blues, SM-Liiga (Norway)
(3rd goalie? Tough to say. Both nations with two candidates, Norway got the younger ones, tend to lean towards the younger. So Lars Volden ahead of the others three (Søberg, Galbraith, Nielsen). )

Backs(x7):
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen, Färjestad BK, SHL (Norway)
Jonas Holøs, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, KHL (Norway)
Philip Larsen, Edmonton Oilers, NHL (Denmark)
Mats Trygg, Lorenskog, GET League (Norway)
Oliver Lauridsen, Adirondanck Phantoms, AHL (Denmark)
Daniel Nielsen, Hamburg Freezers, DEL (Denmark)

The rest are fighting for a spot. Maybe even two. Trygg is old. Bødker, Lauridsen, Bonsaksen and Nørstebø maybe the top candidates?

Mads Bødker, Yuzhny Ural Orsk, VHL (Denmark)
Jesper B. Jensen, Rögle, Allsvenskan (Denmark)
Stefan Lassen, Graz 99ers, Erste Bank Eishockey Liga (Denmark)
Markus Lauridsen, Lake Erie Monsters, AHL (Denmark)
Henrik Solberg, Stavanger Oilers, Get League (Norway)
Alexander Bonsaksen, VÃ¥lerenga, Get League (Norway)
Aleksander Rindal, Lillehammer, Get League (Norway)
Mattias Nørstebø, Brynäs, SHL (Norway)

Forwards(x13):

Mats Zuccarello, New York Rangers, NHL (Norway)
Patrick Thoresen, SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (Norway)
Lars Eller, Montreal Canadiens, NHL (Denmark)
Frans Nielsen, New York Islanders, NHL (Denmark)
Peter Regin, New York Islanders, NHL (Denmark)
Jannik Hansen, Vancouver Canucks, NHL (Denmark)
Mikkel Bødker, Phoenix Coyotes, NHL (Denmark)
Mathis Olimb, Frölunda, SHL (Norway)
Anders Bastiansen,Färjestad BK, SHL (Norway)
Per-Åge Skrøder, MODO Hockey, SHL (Norway)
Ken Andre Olimb, Düsseldorfer EG, DEL (Norway)
Nicholas Hardt, Jokerit, SM-Liiga (Denmark)
Marius Holtet, Färjestad BK, SHL (Norway)

This means that the guys under are out.

Patrick Bjørkstrand, Medvescak Zagreb, KHL (Denmark)
Mads Christensen, Eisbären Berlin, DEL (Denmark)
Morten Green, Schwenninger Wild Wings, DEL (Denmark)
Julian Jakobsen, Hamburg Freezers, DEL (Denmark)
Jesper Jensen, Karlskrona, Allsvenskan (Denmark)
Nicklas Jensen, Utica Comets, AHL (Denmark)
Morten Madsen, Hamburg Freezers, DEL (Denmark)

Sondre Olden, VÃ¥lerenga, GET League (Norway)
Mats Hansen, Storhamar Dragons, GET League (Norway)
Martin Röymark, Färjestad BK, SHL (Norway)
Morten Ask, VÃ¥lerenga, GET League (Norway)
Mats Rosseli Olsen, Frölunda, SHL (Norway)
Robin Dahlström, Örebro, SHL (Norway)
Kristian Forsberg, MODO Hockey, SHL (Norway)
Niklas Roest, BIK Karlskoga, Allsvenskan (Norway)
Andreas Martinsen, Düsseldorfer EG, DEL (Norway)
Tommy Kristiansen, Stavanger Oilers, GET League (Norway)
Mats Frøshaug, Lørenskog, GET League (Norway)

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
A Norway/Denmark Team:

Goalies(x3):
(3rd goalie? Tough to say. Both nations with two candidates, Norway got the younger ones, tend to lean towards the younger. So Lars Volden ahead of the others three (Søberg, Galbraith, Nielsen). )

Backs(x7):

The rest are fighting for a spot. Maybe even two. Trygg is old. Bødker, Lauridsen, Bonsaksen and Nørstebø maybe the top candidates?

Forwards(x13):

I don't think many people could find anything wrong with this selection. Only a few marginal positions like 3'rd goalie, 7'th d-man (whom you havent decided for) or latest forward could be debated.
Would be fun if we played against Sweden and Finland with that roster :D

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I would probably take anyone of the guys you left out and replace Regin. Cant really see him on an all star norwegian/danish roster at the moment.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
A Norway/Denmark Team:

Goalies(x3):

Backs(x7):

Forwards(x13):

Thats a strong hockey team. About as good as Slovakia and Switzerland. Denmark-Norway would be awesome in the Olympics. Only problem would be comunication haha :)

robwangjing

Jul 10, 2013
Beijing
The first two goalies are a no-brainer, easiest picks ever. :D But the third goalie is tougher. The one of the four mentioned that's in the best shape or so would go as third, I can't see any true candidate.

The forwards and goalie positions looks very good actually. Absolutely a medal candidate team! But looking at the defensive side the team still looks weak, even with both countries combined. At least to think of this team as an Olympic team. In WC the defensive side looks good.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Thats a strong hockey team. About as good as Slovakia and Switzerland. Denmark-Norway would be awesome in the Olympics. Only problem would be comunication haha :)

Well so long you speak bokmål Norwegian it's really not that big a problem.
Generally no dialects allowed on team :laugh:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Would suspect that Lassen and Jesper B. Jensen are better candidates than Mads Bødker but other than that great work Sirkillalot. Really an impressive team.

Bagge - you'd take Morten Green, Nicklas Jensen or Jesper Jensen over Peter Regin? Regin's not doing well but c'mon :) Even on his bad days he's above those guys in their current state IMO.

Communication won't be a problem. I've heard Norwegians understands Danes very well. So... we do all the communicating. I see no problem :D :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Very nice team SirKillalot!!

That team could very well contend at a WC.. Damn id love to see this happen.. But it never will.. Now im sad! :D

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Would suspect that Lassen and Jesper B. Jensen are better candidates than Mads Bødker but other than that great work Sirkillalot. Really an impressive team.

Bagge - you'd take Morten Green, Nicklas Jensen or Jesper Jensen over Peter Regin? Regin's not doing well but c'mon :) Even on his bad days he's above those guys in their current state IMO.

Communication won't be a problem. I've heard Norwegians understands Danes very well. So... we do all the communicating. I see no problem :D :laugh:

Thanks guys! I think most of us agree on the core parts of the roster. I guess there are some minor twitches when it comes to the 4th line or extra forwards and bottom d-men and extra d-man.

Wasn't exactly sure about all of the danish d-men, I know least about them.

And both nations got some forwards who currently were left out, that could have slotted in on the team in specific roles. For example Christensen, Green, Madsen from Denmark and Hansen, Røymark and Rosseli Olsen from Norway.

Danish is often the most difficult language to understand in Scandinavia for Norwegians(and everyone else) in the beginning, because of the pronunciation. But after a short time, it isn't the hardest thing to do. After all, it is as we say here in Norway: "Norwegian with a potato in their throat". Sorry Denmark;) You swallow words :)

Well so long you speak bokmål Norwegian it's really not that big a problem.
Generally no dialects allowed on team :laugh:

Are there really dialects in Denmark? Can't hear the difference :laugh:

Though, there are many dialects here, so I clearly could understand if danish people have serious trouble understanding some of them.

Last edited:

robwangjing

Jul 10, 2013
Beijing
Very nice team SirKillalot!!

That team could very well contend at a WC.. Damn id love to see this happen.. But it never will.. Now im sad! :D
Are there any legal way for Denmark and Norway to compete as one nation in for example the WC, at current state? I don't think so, but I agree it would be very interesting to see.

Maybe a new Kingdom Union between you two, like the UK.:naughty: You would be much better in football and handball too. I think maybe even dominate handball, right?

And I think to have different languages in one country is not much of a problem, we have that in China and in Canada they have French and English.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Are there any legal way for Denmark and Norway to compete as one nation in for example the WC, at current state? I don't think so, but I agree it would be very interesting to see.

Maybe a new Kingdom Union between you two, like the UK.:naughty: You would be much better in football and handball too. I think maybe even dominate handball, right?

And I think to have different languages in one country is not much of a problem, we have that in China and in Canada they have French and English.

I don't think it would be possible in any way, shape or form ! :D

I don't know how much better we would be in football, but yes we already dominate in Handball both countries, so both together would be unfair :laugh:

Sure, I understand Norwegian as do most Danes though.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

I was exaggerating. Regin needs to find some sort of form, cause he hasnt got one at the moment. He is a healthy scratch in half the games on a very weak Islanders team. That should tell you something. I havent got a clue on who any of the norwegian scratches are and the three you are listed you just as well go into the start 12 forwards. Patrick Bjorkstrand would be my 1st choice.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

In 2014 it would be 200 years ago the two countries was actually one. From 1380 to 1814 Denmark and Norway was one country, but after Napoleon lost the war against Hungary-Austria, Denmark/Norway was forced to give Norway independence as a part in a peace treaty. I guess if the two countries were to become one again it could happen?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
In 2014 it would be 200 years ago the two countries was actually one. From 1380 to 1814 Denmark and Norway was one country, but after Napoleon lost the war against Hungary-Austria, Denmark/Norway was forced to give Norway independence as a part in a peace treaty. I guess if the two countries were to become one again it could happen?

Well Denmark was actually two countries under one Crown (the House of Glücksburg/Lyksborg, a cadet branch of the now extinct House of Oldenburg) - thats why it was a twin monarchy. The King was also part of the German Empire as Duke of Slesvig-Holsten.
[That's why Christian IV could enter the 30 years war as Duke of Slesvig-Holsten while the Danish Council (Rigsrådet) had said no to be involved. So Denmark was not involved in the 30 years war, but the King was.

After Denmark withdrew from the Napoleonic war the Danish King Frederik VI was forced to enter the Anti-French Alliance by Great Britain and to cede Heligoland (Helgoland) to Great Britian and Norway (not including Faroese Islands, Iceland & Greenland) to Sweden in return for Swedish Pomerania (Pommern) at the Treaty of Kiel in Jan. 1814
The Kings son - Crown Prince Christian Frederik - that was vice-roy in Norway then gave the Norwegians independence (Eidsvoll Constitution) and made himself Norwegian King (actually a coup d'etat) He tried but could not get any real international support for his independence movement (Great Britain wouldn't support it and the Swedes certainly not since they wanted to annex Norway).

After the defeat of Napoleon and the Council of Vienna (Sep. 1814 - Jun. 1815) making the new European map, the Swedes refused to cede Pomerania to Denmark because of the Norwegian independence.

The Swedes then tried to annex Norway by armed forces. The Norwegian troops were overwhelmed, but managed to hold on long enough to avoid unconditional surrender. Norway was not annexed (like Skåne, Halland & Blekinge had in 1658), but Christian Frederik was forced to step down as Norwegian King. Sweden-Norway was then a twin-monarchy from 1814-1905.

The problem of Swedish Pomerania was solved like this: Hanover (In personal Union with Great Britiain) receiving East Frisia from Prussia and then giving the Duchy of Lauenburg to Prussia. Prussia then gave the Duchy of Lauenburg to Denmark and received Swedish Pomerania while paying the Danish debt to Sweden and paying additional money to Sweden for the territory.

Crown-Prince Christian Frederik was King of Norway 1814 and later became Danish King as Christian VIII from 1839-1848. In his testament he absolved the absolute monarchy on his death and Denmark became a democratic country.

Last edited:

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
My preferred Denmark/Norway team If I where the head-coach :

Forwards:

1# M.Bødker -F.Nielsen -M.Zuccarello
2# P.Thoresen -L.Eller -J.Hansen
3# N.Hardt -M.Olimb -N.Jensen
4# P.A Skrøder -P.Regin -M.Holtet

(Fight for spot: A.Bastiansen and Patrick Bjørkstrand)

Defense:

1# P.Larsen -O.K Tollefsen
2# O.Lauridsen -J.Holøs
3# D.Nielsen -M.Lauridsen

(Fight for spot: M.Nørstebø and MA.Bødker)

Goalies:

1# F.Andersen
2# L.Haugen

(Fight for spot: L.Volden and P. Galbraith)

First power-play unit:

M.Bødker -J.Hansen -M.Zuccarello
P.Larsen -J.Holøs

Second power-play unit:

P.Thoresen -L.Eller -M.Olimb
D.Nielsen -F.Nielsen

First Penalty-killing unit:

P.Thoresen -F.Nielsen -M.Holtet
P.Larsen

Second Penalty-killing unit:

N.Hardt -L.Eller -J.Hansen
J.Holøs

Penalty shot's (first five)

M.Zuccarello
M.Bødker
F.Nielsen
P.Thoresen
P.Regin

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
My preferred Denmark/Norway team If I where the head-coach :

Forwards:

1# M.Bødker -F.Nielsen -M.Zuccarello
2# P.Thoresen -L.Eller -J.Hansen
3# N.Hardt -M.Olimb -N.Jensen
4# P.A Skrøder -P.Regin -M.Holtet

(Fight for spot: A.Bastiansen and Patrick Bjørkstrand)

Defense:

1# P.Larsen -O.K Tollefsen
2# O.Lauridsen -J.Holøs
3# D.Nielsen -M.Lauridsen

(Fight for spot: M.Nørstebø and MA.Bødker)

Goalies:

1# F.Andersen
2# L.Haugen

(Fight for spot: L.Volden and P. Galbraith)

First power-play unit:

M.Bødker -J.Hansen -M.Zuccarello
P.Larsen -J.Holøs

Second power-play unit:

P.Thoresen -L.Eller -M.Olimb
D.Nielsen -F.Nielsen

First Penalty-killing unit:

P.Thoresen -F.Nielsen -M.Holtet
P.Larsen

Second Penalty-killing unit:

N.Hardt -L.Eller -J.Hansen
J.Holøs