All Roads Lead Home - new episode post 38 - Wolanin - The comeback

Did you cringe?

• Total voters

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
"We weren't as bad as was predicted" has been a moral victory for this franchise for a decade now.

A feel-good story with a Cinderella run isn't a good thing if its the only type of success you have.
It's a pathetic, loser attitude and to frame it like that is f***ing embarrassing. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills hearing shit like that being pimped off as some kind of positive.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Their whole Sens Rising initiative is based on saying we're not as bad as last year.

"Yeah, we sucked last year, but this year we'll give it out best not to suck as bad".

Those Sens Rising commercials with Stone, Duchene and Boro are so bad, I cringe every time I see them.

Their marketing may be better non-existent than it is in it's current iteration.

Also, just remembered when Sens dropped all the balls on fans in the home opener, that is even more comical looking back, complete Mickey Mouse :laugh:

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Realistically this isn't a professional well scripted presentation. The cuts are rough, the camera work uneven and you wouldn't have someone walking into frame during a Mark Stone interview etc..

I hope this isn't paid studio work or they should get their money back. It's more likely a student or volunteer assignment. I highly doubt the Sens intended this as main marketing tool so I cut it a lot of slack and just enjoyed it.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
It's a pathetic, loser attitude and to frame it like that is ****ing embarrassing. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills hearing **** like that being pimped off as some kind of positive.

Sadly, that's how I'd sum up the Sens, too. There's no standard here, anymore. It's like those cute videos of a child walking around picking up Easter eggs, however each time the child bends over, a couple eggs tumble out - and no matter how persistent they are in recovering all the eggs, each effort actually takes them backwards (or neutral). Of course, the main difference here is that while the child is cute, the Sens are more like....an adult version of the child....making it sad.

But yeah, somewhere along the way, the standards went away. I would love if someone could do a version of "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore, except re-written to apply to the Sens, with a heavy Melnyk presence.

"I'm gonna trade some stars
Only got $20 for Lebreton
I I am suing - for more than half a billion
No one f***in' likes me"

16w

Jun 23, 2003
Being a non-local, who is Kathleen Edwards?

she's a singer from ottawa but i think she's more famous for any time being displayed on the jumbotron at the CTC, she would do the v sign in front of her mouth and stick her tongue out in a flicking motion

i think after about the 5th time they just stopped showing her...

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
she's a singer from ottawa but i think she's more famous for any time being displayed on the jumbotron at the CTC, she would do the v sign in front of her mouth and stick her tongue out in a flicking motion

i think after about the 5th time they just stopped showing her...

lol is this series? if so, quite funny and very inappropriate

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Sadly, that's how I'd sum up the Sens, too. There's no standard here, anymore. It's like those cute videos of a child walking around picking up Easter eggs, however each time the child bends over, a couple eggs tumble out - and no matter how persistent they are in recovering all the eggs, each effort actually takes them backwards (or neutral). Of course, the main difference here is that while the child is cute, the Sens are more like....an adult version of the child....making it sad.

But yeah, somewhere along the way, the standards went away. I would love if someone could do a version of "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore, except re-written to apply to the Sens, with a heavy Melnyk presence.

"I'm gonna trade some stars
Only got $20 for Lebreton
I I am suing - for more than half a billion
No one ****in' likes me"
I can't even give them credit for trying if this is what they come up with. It's just embarrassing and insulting to fans.

You're right, they really seem to be going full steam ahead with the "mediocre is good enough" attitude and that's death territory for pro sports teams. When you aspire for such low expectations, people are going to check out. Call it a rebuild all you want, but we know it's a crock.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Their whole Sens Rising initiative is based on saying we're not as bad as last year.

"Yeah, we sucked last year, but this year we'll give it out best not to suck as bad".

Those Sens Rising commercials with Stone, Duchene and Boro are so bad, I cringe every time I see them.

Their marketing may be better non-existent than it is in it's current iteration.

Also, just remembered when Sens dropped all the balls on fans in the home opener, that is even more comical looking back, complete Mickey Mouse :laugh:
I saw a bus stop ad with an up-close shot of Boro’s giant face the other day.

I really don’t understand what this marketing team is fishing for.

Reactions: Deku

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I saw a bus stop ad with just Boro’s giant face zoomed in the other day.

Probably because their best players are UFA's and will be traded soon. The only ones left to market are Chabot, Tkatchuk & Boro who they seem to feel is the one vet they can market.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I saw a bus stop ad with an up-close shot of Boro’s giant face the other day.

They are fishing for our money.

They just don't know how to do it properly since their boss is intent on making their jobs impossible.

SensTwitter

Aug 8, 2018
Hey everyone. Craig Medaglia here.

So Adam Wood and I made the latest episode of this series and I wanted to drop by this old thread and get some thoughts.

Long time lurker so I’d love to hear what the board thinks.

Last edited:

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I cringed all the way through. It's a shame because I really like Kathleen Edwards. I was buying her stuff when she had to hand deliver her CDs to record stores.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I cringed all the way through. It's a shame because I really like Kathleen Edwards. I was buying her stuff when she had to hand deliver her CDs to record stores.

I don’t understand this post in relation to the CW video. I’m missing something aren’t I?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

So Adam Wood and I made the latest episode of this series and I wanted to drop by this old thread and get some thoughts.

Come on Craig, you know you own. This is superbly put together. Love the camera work!

Reactions: SensTwitter

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Great work, I'm editing the thread title to get this the visibility it deserves.

Reactions: SensTwitter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad