All Roads Lead Home - new episode post 38 - Wolanin - The comeback

Did you cringe?

• Total voters

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Being a non-local, who is Kathleen Edwards?

Cringey - yeah, it was, is.

Heard about this on the SensCall Ups podcast today, and was hoping it would be pretty good. They are trying, so there's that.

I mentioned before that the club needs to find a way for the fans to buy into the players, develop an affinity for each guy. Hopefully the next 9 episodes are more of that, and less fluff.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It's cringey because it's not really a candid look behind the scenes, but a propaganda piece trying to push a narrative that isn't quite our reality. I mean, that Tkachuk clip is nice, but other than that it looks kinda thrown together willy nilly. Maybe have more than the one actual interview with Stone and have the coach talk on screen?

I dunno, pretty pointless and amateurish overall.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
For a normal team, it'd be a fine little marketing piece to engage fans.

I can see how hardcore fans see it as a slap in the face because it's minimizing the entire experience of Eugene Melnyk tearing the Sens apart to "lol we had to trade a few guys but now we're better than bob mckenzie thought we'd be A+".

This team has so little credibility that everything they do is going to be scrutinized, rightfully so I guess. They worked very hard to earn that negative relationship with their hardcore fans, they are being rewarded for that hard work.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
For a normal team, it'd be a fine little marketing piece to engage fans.

I can see how hardcore fans see it as a slap in the face because it's minimizing the entire experience of Eugene Melnyk tearing the Sens apart to "lol we had to trade a few guys but now we're better than bob mckenzie thought we'd be A+".

This team has so little credibility that everything they do is going to be scrutinized, rightfully so I guess. They worked very hard to earn that negative relationship with their hardcore fans, they are being rewarded for that hard work.

Perfectly put, expected a poor attempt at propaganda here and that's what we have been provided with, par for the course, anyways its just an app for the inevitable main course of insane Melnyk news of the day, a la Trump this guy owns the news cycle here.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
False: All roads do not lead to home they lead to many different locations that are not your home.

upload_2018-12-21_9-38-26.png

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Average, but at least there is something out there. I don't know if Craig Medaglia is behind this, but it is better than nothing .

Don't know if someone answered this, but Kathleen Edwards is a damn fine singer, and a Sens fan I guess. Juno winner/nominee

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Being a non-local, who is Kathleen Edwards?

Cringey - yeah, it was, is.

Heard about this on the SensCall Ups podcast today, and was hoping it would be pretty good. They are trying, so there's that.

I mentioned before that the club needs to find a way for the fans to buy into the players, develop an affinity for each guy. Hopefully the next 9 episodes are more of that, and less fluff.

I agree, though that is sort of contingent on the organization RETAINING those players you speak of. There's no recent track record of that here. That's why I don't feel too attached to guys like Tkachuk, Chabot, Fomenton, Batherson or White, nor have I been tracking the progression of guys like Brown, Balcers, Norris, Chlapik etc., nor am I holding out hope that Duchene or Stone or Dzingel have more than a few months left in Ottawa, the way I normally would have; nothing I have seen gives me hope they will be Sens-bred talent, long-term. All great players, all exciting players/prospects, yet nothing that excites me as a Sens fan with the track record we have. I know the position of "well not going to games means they'll be traded, anyway", but whatever, I don't believe my presence would make a difference. It didn't before. I care insofar as to say I can't abandon my fandom of the team, but I don't REALLY care so much anymore. There's really nothing to care about, short of wasted emotion on being angry about it. Not worth it - the current Sens organization simply isn't worth it.

Their efforts on garbage like this is wasted. Honestly, their staff should be looking for jobs elsewhere, because through no fault of their own, everything they do gets scrutinized because it's hollow and bullshit.

It's at the point where I wish the CTC would just collapse in on itself (without anyone inside - I'm not wishing physical harm on anyone, for the record) so we can just pause everything and restart it anew, however long that takes. The Sens are a joke and I just want them to full on stop and restart.

/rant. But yeah, the video is hollow.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
They literally bragged about not being AS bad as was predicted. Whoopdi****ingdoo, you still suck.
"We weren't as bad as was predicted" has been a moral victory for this franchise for a decade now.

A feel-good story with a Cinderella run isn't a good thing if its the only type of success you have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad