All purpose trade/roster building thread the 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
So when will Toronto offer us a Bag of (bad) pucks for Slavin?I really should stop looking at Tor -Car trades..
my idea for a better HFBoards...

each team gets one "restraining order" on the trade board. the team subject to the restraining order cannot be included in any trade proposals with the team issuing the order, by anyone. so, if we choose, say, anaheim - no more duck-cane trade threads.

a thread is opened on each team page, asking for votes. it is not a poll, but a 'voice vote' where each poster can state their choice. the posters must be recognized as fans of that board's team by the moderators, who will count the votes. maybe a vote is called once a year.

a 'restraining order' thread is stickied on the trade board with the *read first* instruction. it clearly states any threads beyond confirmed trades involving duck-cane swaps will be locked and the OP will have thread starting abilities removed. this isn't only for duck-cane fans. some 13 year old sens fan in moosejaw can't post some stupid duck-cane proposals, either.

it can't happen since toronto fans make up such a large portion of the site traffic and the leafs would probably be picked by better than half the fanbases around here... still, i has to amuse myself thinking about something

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
my idea for a better HFBoards...

each team gets one "restraining order" on the trade board. the team subject to the restraining order cannot be included in any trade proposals with the team issuing the order, by anyone. so, if we choose, say, anaheim - no more duck-cane trade threads.

a thread is opened on each team page, asking for votes. it is not a poll, but a 'voice vote' where each poster can state their choice. the posters must be recognized as fans of that board's team by the moderators, who will count the votes. maybe a vote is called once a year.

a 'restraining order' thread is stickied on the trade board with the *read first* instruction. it clearly states any threads beyond confirmed trades involving duck-cane swaps will be locked and the OP will have thread starting abilities removed. this isn't only for duck-cane fans. some 13 year old sens fan in moosejaw can't post some stupid duck-cane proposals, either.

it can't happen since toronto fans make up such a large portion of the site traffic and the leafs would probably be picked by better than half the fanbases around here... still, i has to amuse myself thinking about something

A modest compromise. TML gets its own main-board trade forum. By default, it's set to "hide" for fans of the other 31 teams. Leafs fans are banned from the regular trade forum.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
So when will Toronto offer us a Bag of (bad) pucks for Slavin?I really should stop looking at Tor -Car trades..
It's funny how it goes in cycles. I swear, you won't see a Canes proposal on the trade board for weeks, then one pops up followed by 3-4 more made by people who saw the first one and suddenly remembered that we exist.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
How would we feel about Dobby on a 2-year deal maybe if other options don't pan out (and Dallas doesn't keep him to platoon with Bishop)?

Reactions: cptjeff

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
How would we feel about Dobby on a 2-year deal maybe if other options don't pan out (and Dallas doesn't keep him to platoon with Bishop)?

I really like the idea. Khudobin played 41 and 30 games the last 2 years, so he's capable of a platoon with either Reimer or Mrazek.

He'd also be a short-term transition to a drafted goalie, or a veteran backup if they choose to re-sign Mrazek after signing Khudobin.

Certainly makes more sense than giving up assets for a year of Andersen.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I like the guy and he’s playing really well, but he’s 34 and may be a Con Smyth winner in a week or so, that’s likely a bad contract situation right there. The only way I’d consider it is if we draft Askarov and we need a three year bridge. Otherwise, look for a younger guy.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I like the guy and he’s playing really well, but he’s 34 and may be a Con Smyth winner in a week or so, that’s likely a bad contract situation right there. The only way I’d consider it is if we draft Askarov and we need a three year bridge. Otherwise, look for a younger guy.
That's kinda where I'm at...if we don't get Askarov we need a younger, longer term solution. If we just need a bridge and he doesn't ask for the moon, 2-3 years as a platoon goalie might be palatable if other options don't pan out.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
That's kinda where I'm at...if we don't get Askarov we need a younger, longer term solution. If we just need a bridge and he doesn't ask for the moon, 2-3 years as a platoon goalie might be palatable if other options don't pan out.

Askarov almost certainly won't be ready in 3 years unless he takes the Carter Hart path, which is, shall we say, super-duper rare. I say that we should trade for Kuemper and his 2 years remaining, and try to get him extended in the upcoming offseason if it works out.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Askarov almost certainly won't be ready in 3 years unless he takes the Carter Hart path, which is, shall we say, super-duper rare. I say that we should trade for Kuemper and his 2 years remaining, and try to get him extended in the upcoming offseason if it works out.

But certainly not trade the first for Keumper. If Arizona won't budge from the first (I think either Bean or Bokk could be seen as equivalent to them but who knows) then find someone else to bridge the time.

Or stick with Mrazek.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
But it does give a few years to try and work out another solution...vs being FORCED to do something next year when all 3 goalies are pending UFAs. Plus we still have Koch and Maki as wildcards in all this

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY

The guy is blanking adults in the 2nd best league in the world. I think he's in the NHL in 2 years if he wants to be.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Hey guys,

Came here and read up but wanted to know who you thought was the odd LHD out in Carolina. Boston is going to let Krug walk and names like Hanifin come up but I wanted to see who you thought would be the available LHD. I figured that Pesce, Skjei and Slavin are the three protected while exposing Gardiner. But that leaves Fleury exposed which was also troublesome.

Cheers

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Hey guys,

Came here and read up but wanted to know who you thought was the odd LHD out in Carolina. Boston is going to let Krug walk and names like Hanifin come up but I wanted to see who you thought would be the available LHD. I figured that Pesce, Skjei and Slavin are the three protected while exposing Gardiner. But that leaves Fleury exposed which was also troublesome.

Cheers

Assumption is they will go 4-4:
Slavin, Pesce, Hamilton, Skjei
Aho, Teravainen, Svechnikov, Staal(NMC).
Necas is exempt.

Leaves Trocheck and Foegele exposed, but protects Hamilton (or another D.)

If they re-sign don't re-sign Hamilton, then Fleury can be protected and Gardiner left exposed. But that also leaves Bean exposed, and Francis drafted Fleury and Bean.

So they could leave Skjei and Gardiner exposed if Hamilton doesn't re-sign, or just accept they are losing a young D if Hamilton is re-signed.

Gardiner is almost certainly available at LD. Bean may be available for the right deal, but that could result in losing 2 young LD in a year.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Assumption is they will go 4-4:
Slavin, Pesce, Hamilton, Skjei
Aho, Teravainen, Svechnikov, Staal(NMC).
Necas is exempt.

Leaves Trocheck and Foegele exposed, but protects Hamilton (or another D.)

If they re-sign don't re-sign Hamilton, then Fleury can be protected and Gardiner left exposed. But that also leaves Bean exposed, and Francis drafted Fleury and Bean.

So they could leave Skjei and Gardiner exposed if Hamilton doesn't re-sign, or just accept they are losing a young D if Hamilton is re-signed.

Gardiner is almost certainly available at LD. Bean may be available for the right deal, but that could result in losing 2 young LD in a year.

Thanks for the clarification on this. So would they explore moving Fleury and keeping Bean to replace him for the right price? What are the needs specifically in Carolina?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hey guys,

Cheers

Do you go to every team's board with proposals or questions on trades? I could swear I've seen your name (or one like it) on multiple boards? Not that it's a problem, just curious.

Canes are likely going to lose one of Fleury, Skjei or Bean no matter what. Unless there is a trade for an expansion exempt player that can step into the line-up next year (pipe dream), trading a D means the Canes no lose 2 after the expansion draft.

Fleury and Bean are enticing right now because of their low salaries so I think most of us would like to keep them for the coming season (and somehow dump Gardiner) to see what we've got and make a decision before the exp. draft. That said, if the right deal comes along, I don't think there's too much heartburn trading a guy like Fleury, but I don't think there is some sort of need due to the expansion draft to do so.

Next year, Canes could easily go:

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Gardiner-Fleury (he's played some on the right before)
Bean

Reactions: Coach Parker

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Do you go to every team's board with proposals or questions on trades? I could swear I've seen your name (or one like it) on multiple boards? Not that it's a problem, just curious.

Canes are likely going to lose one of Fleury, Skjei or Bean no matter what. Unless there is a trade for an expansion exempt player that can step into the line-up next year (pipe dream), trading a D means the Canes no lose 2 after the expansion draft.

Fleury and Bean are enticing right now because of their low salaries so I think most of us would like to keep them for the coming season (and somehow dump Gardiner) to see what we've got and make a decision before the exp. draft. That said, if the right deal comes along, I don't think there's too much heartburn trading a guy like Fleury, but I don't think there is some sort of need due to the expansion draft to do so.

Next year, Canes could easily go:

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Gardiner-Fleury (he's played some on the right before)
Bean

Yeah, I actually prefer to go to a teams board and read their trade threads and fans opinions of needs and assets before proposing a trade on the main board without having a clue as to what the teams needs are.

Much easier to talk to fans who watch the players every night and can tell you who is valued more when it comes to positions.

So, after reading you post, what is the need for the Hurricanes?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Thanks for the clarification on this. So would they explore moving Fleury and keeping Bean to replace him for the right price? What are the needs specifically in Carolina?

The issue is you can trade Fleury and still lose Bean in the expansion draft, or trade Bean and still lose Fleury as you see above. If you keep both, you are guaranteed to have 1 in the fall 0f 2021. Accept Francis is taking a good young D he drafted and move on.

That said, if there's a good offer I think we could see one of Bean or Fleury moved. We've discussed Bean as someone who could be used to acquire Keumper. Otherwise, most goalies can be acquired as UFA. Need another top 6 forward, probably a bigger forward to be a net front presence.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The issue is you can trade Fleury and still lose Bean in the expansion draft, or trade Bean and still lose Fleury as you see above. If you keep both, you are guaranteed to have 1 in the fall 0f 2021. Accept Francis is taking a good young D he drafted and move on.

That said, if there's a good offer I think we could see one of Bean or Fleury moved. We've discussed Bean as someone who could be used to acquire Keumper. Otherwise, most goalies can be acquired as UFA. Need another top 6 forward, probably a bigger forward to be a net front presence.

Thanks.

So would a DeBrusk for Fleury trade make sense for the Hurricanes and they protect Jake as one of their 7 F?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I personally would rather keep Fleury over Bean. Fleury has kinda got the short end of the stick with regards to regular playing time in the NHL, but he looked like a legit player this season (especially in the series against you greasy f***s :) ). I'm just a bit gunshy on Bean after witnessing Ryan Murphy implode in the NHL. We'll just have to wait and see what Waddell and Co. do, though.

Needs are a top six left winger. As of now we've got 5/6 decent top six forwards. Svech/Aho/Teravainen for the first line and XXX/Trocheck/Necas for the second. Foegele/Nino/Dzingle all can fill in there part time, but I don't like the thought of any of them there long term. So if we're talking about Boston players, I'm staring lustfully at Jake DeBrusk.

Reactions: cptjeff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad