All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread Pt 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Please don't move the 1sts for a defenseman. This team is not playing well enough to risk that and we've had issues getting defensemen up to speed in the group anyway.

This is a good point. Even if it's a long-term acquisition, it's doubtful a new D is going to quickly pick up the scheme down the stretch of the regular season and hopefully the playoffs. Is that worth the expense of picking up that player now?

I don't mind the idea of making a move now and then moving out Gardiner in the off-season if needed, but I think it's important to consider how much we expect from a D acquisition given the time it took Hamilton and Gardiner to adjust to this style of play.

Helsinki Hurricanes

Sep 6, 2018
If it takes half a season for a defenseman to adjust I would rather just add someone during the off-season.

I personally believe Canes could both buy and sell. Guys like TVR, Edmundson and Brock could be traded. There was the report that Canes had an offer for Martinez but it didn't include futures. Also Waddell mentioned he's mostly interested in hockey trades which I interpreted as mainly being interested in guys with term.

If a net spend of 2nd round pick is enough to guarantee playoffs experience for the young core, do it. No point to spend TOR first for for instance Kreider just to have a first-round exit. If TVR, Eddy and Brock (or some of them) are sold for futures, getting 2nd and 3rd rounders, Canes could easily spend 2 2nd rounders without mortgaging the future.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I know it’s rumored but I don’t want to trade either first round pick. Either or both could be lottery picks.
Right. Like I have no problem with a trade being like conditional first with the condition being we make the conference finals otherwise it's a second. We're not in the spot Tampa is in, and there's no Matt Duchene level guy out there for us to get like Columbus last year.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Right. Like I have no problem with a trade being like conditional first with the condition being we make the conference finals otherwise it's a second. We're not in the spot Tampa is in, and there's no Matt Duchene level guy out there for us to get like Columbus last year.

WOULDN’T WANNA DUCHENE ANYWAY.

HATE THE GUY SINCE THE WORLDS IN PRAGUE.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
No doin' xylophones, no doin' Jolene.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Never understand why a male artist never made a song about the his struggles between his current love and this new girl named Jolene.

Not exactly what you are referencing, but here is a male artists take on Jolene where the singer is being seduced by Jolene.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
something something that ends with -uck
you took my man away from puck,
and that I can't forgive you Matt Duchene

Reactions: MinJerkBen

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
No talking! No new crap! Play Takin’ Care of Business, right now!
no_stairway_to_heaven_led_zeppeline_waynes_world.jpg

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
the thread was opened not since long
but all we do is talk old songs,
someone please do something, cos we're bored

Reactions: MinJerkBen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad