All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread Pt 10 (45 Days to the Trade Deadline)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Now i really could see a deal where they swing for both Demelo and Pageau using a first with some other assets in hope they retain at least one or both of those players long term. It's been reported that there hasn't been much interest in their UFA's so maybe the prices are lower right now.

If Pageau came with an extension, I'd consider moving a 1st plus marginal prospect for DeMelo and JGP, with the hope they could also re-up DeMelo. That would then give them the option to move out Haula and 1 of Edmundson/TVR prior to the deadline to re-coup picks or maybe even get a rental for rental upgrade.

I highly doubt that'd happen though. I don't think DeMelo should cost much more than a 2nd rd pick, if that, but you never know. There's already a rando on that Twitter thread asking for Dzingel and a 1st, just for DeMelo.

I'd be a big fan of a Bean-DeMelo 3rd pairing next season.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm kinda over these damn rumors. Everyday there's a new target recycled from the same pool of like 5 rentals and a handful of term guys. We're either all over everybody and just changing targets everyday trying to get someone to bite on our ideal deal, or people just know we want to make a move, but haven't truly been able to squeeze out much more than that. Just look at like Martinez for instance, who we had interest in, then suddenly had no interest last week, then had interest, but with a weird offer the Kings had no interest in but we'll circle back.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I'm kinda over these damn rumors. Everyday there's a new target recycled from the same pool of like 5 rentals and a handful of term guys. We're either all over everybody and just changing targets everyday trying to get someone to bite on our ideal deal, or people just know we want to make a move, but haven't truly been able to squeeze out much more than that. Just look at like Martinez for instance, who we had interest in, then suddenly had no interest last week, then had interest, but with a weird offer the Kings had no interest in but we'll circle back.

I think it's the first, trawling the waters for anything they can find at the price they want to pay. I think this is just due diligence at this point and not being caught by surprise that a player was available.

Sounds like the picks aren't on the table yet, which is usually the biggest thing a seller is looking for at the deadline.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Wake up Brind’Amour, he’s not our 2nd line center this year. Unfortunately Haula isn’t pushing that. But maybe at least balance the minutes better between the other center.

He’s been as productive as Jordan since he returned from injury while getting PP time. He’s got no one to blame but himself. Wallmark is the one getting the shaft here IMO.

The four centers on our roster are Aho, Staal, Haula and Wallmark. If we played them all based on the ice-time they have earned with their play, there's still be a full 20-minute period left.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Ottawa may be one of the only teams interested in doing hockey deals. They have plenty of futures and need veterans to fill in the roster until the futures are ready.

Reactions: DaveG

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Sabres fan coming in peace...

There have been recent reports of the Canes looking to add a RHD at the deadline. How big of a need is it? Is parting with Necas a possibility at all? I'm assuming that Carolina would be acquiring a dman with term if Necas was moving the other way.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

There have been recent reports of the Canes looking to add a RHD at the deadline. How big of a need is it? Is parting with Necas a possibility at all? I'm assuming that Carolina would be acquiring a dman with term if Necas was moving the other way.
It would take a special player that Buffalo isn’t trading to get Necas. Necas is the 4th horseman of the future of the offense.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

No offense but it’s getting a bit comical bordering annoying with regards to the asks on Necas. It feels like other teams fans think we don’t know how good he is already and what his potential is. A lot of ‘heeeey guys, heard you were in the market for a veteran rental dman. So and so on our team would be available. Would you be willing to part with, oh, I don’t know, like your 2nd and what’s his name?... the young kid, Nascar or something? Could be a real win win for everyone. K let me know. Byeeeee’

We appreciate the interest but Necas isn’t available like at all even a little bit.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
On a more serious note, at this point, I'm not going to predict what the Borg does at the deadline. We have a good team, and our record is good, but our division is ridiculous, so IDK if the best move is to trade for another piece or just to stand pat. If our games break the wrong way, our picks could be very good regardless of who we get at the deadline, so if the value isn't there, it may be the best move to hold onto the picks until the draft, when we know for sure where we're going to pick.

Reactions: 2Minutes4Surging

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
This division ain't getting any easier. We know we are close now, so we should make moves to improve that chance. The Pens and Caps will head back down someday, but not likely soon. The Devils and Rangers are poised to make moves in a positive direction. Apparently the Isles and Jackets are just voodoo with great coaches, so they aren't likely going anywhere. And Philly is just one of those teams that tends to field winners pretty often.

We should never take for granted an opportunity to make it. We've put ourselves in a position where we can improve and still be in great shape for the future. And we should, cause it's not getting easier any time soon.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The below was a trade proposed by a CHI fan in a Mark Lazarus “Athletic” article:

The Blackhawks send Robin Lehner and Dylan Sikura to Carolina for a 2020 first-round pick (whichever of Carolina’s two is better), Jake Bean or Dominik Bokk, and a 2021 second-round pick (which would become a first if Lehner re-signs in Carolina).

Yikes, potentially two first round picks plus a former 1st rd pick/high end prospect for extended Lehner or a 1st rd pick, high end prospect plus 2nd for 20 games of Lehner...and I guess a forward prospect.

Why.not.wait.for.UFA?

Reactions: AD Skinner

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
The below was a trade proposed by a CHI fan in a Mark Lazarus “Athletic” article:

The Blackhawks send Robin Lehner and Dylan Sikura to Carolina for a 2020 first-round pick (whichever of Carolina’s two is better), Jake Bean or Dominik Bokk, and a 2021 second-round pick (which would become a first if Lehner re-signs in Carolina).

Yikes, potentially two first round picks plus a former 1st rd pick/high end prospect for extended Lehner or a 1st rd pick, high end prospect plus 2nd for 20 games of Lehner...and I guess a forward prospect.

Why.not.wait.for.UFA?

Every fan base has a few people who like to post absolutely ridiculous trades that are heavily lopsided in their favour.

We have a couple that like to hang out on the trade board but never post in here for some reason.

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010

Why.not.wait.for.UFA?

A big f*** that.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
A big **** that.
You should have seen one of the proposals put forth in the comments section. Lehner, Gustavson and a 2nd for Nylander, Andersen and whatever necessary from the Leafs to get it done. Like the Leafs would be the ones adding in that scenario. And then, to top it off another poster thought that proposal was made by a “delusional Leaf fan”.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
You should have seen one of the proposals put forth in the comments section. Lehner, Gustavson and a 2nd for Nylander, Andersen and whatever necessary from the Leafs to get it done. Like the Leafs would be the ones adding in that scenario. And then, to top it off another poster thought that proposal was made by a “delusional Leaf fan”.

Two UFAs for two very good players locked up long-term...and I thought I was bad with trades, LMFAO!

Reactions: MinJerkBen

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

Why.not.wait.for.UFA?
That sounds like something straight off the trade board. Woof.

Sikura has almost no value, of course they’re throwing him in. I was thinking Lehner and Sikura for one of the firsts was a stretch leaning in their direction, without adding anything.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
With everyone outside of the SAT line not providing much, you do have to wonder if they consider mixing up the forwards a little bit. I do still expect them to add on the back end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad