All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread Part 5: The Jerk Store Called - It's Time to Restock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I recall late in the season or maybe during / after the playoffs, Vellucci stated that Jurco was an NHL player. Anyone think the Canes might offer him a deal, even if it's to have some familiarity with Necas?

I 'll defer to Vellucci obviously, but Jurco looked pretty brutal during the playoffs to me.

Whats to say Kawahi even wants to stay in Toronto? He could go literally anywhere and be the god of the city.

Kahwi is either re-signing in Toronto, which managed to improve from strict 1-and-done deal to genuine possibility he re-ups, or Los Angeles, most likely the Clippers because Kawhi doesn't like drama and OH BOY OH BOY don't LeBron and drama go together like vanilla ice cream and apple pie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I agree with everything you said except the question in the conclusion. Toronto was fine but not great, made a major move to acquire a superstar, and is now an NBA champion. This feeds the narrative IMO, doesn’t dissuade it. The thesis, “no one believes you can win an NBA title without a superstar anymore” is added to by Kawhi, not subtracted from.

Toronto added one star to a good roster rather than adding Leonard and cutting the support for a second superstar. It could at least lead to individual superstars and supporting casts but I’m guessing you’re right that Leonard now gets to build his own team where he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad