Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Schnur-Opelka heading to a 3rd set TB for the title. 40 aces for Opelka so far...

Tough loss for Brayden but awesome week for him!

Last edited:

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Not a fan of serve-bots (Dr. Ivo being the exception), but Opelka is a total John Isner clone (and both his wins against big John this year have felt like watching Isner vs a younger version of himself). Wildly inconsistent right now, but if he stays healthy he could be a late bloomer.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
The always entertaining Monfils defeats Wawrinka to capture arguably the biggest title of his career. At age 32 time is not exactly on his side, so it will be interesting to see if he can keep up this level at the bigger tournaments.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The always entertaining Monfils defeats Wawrinka to capture arguably the biggest title of his career. At age 32 time is not exactly on his side, so it will be interesting to see if he can keep up this level at the bigger tournaments.
Some good tennis from these two this week. Two guys I enjoy watching a great deal.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005

I wasn't able to get to a tv until they were in the final game. They both looked great!

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Osaka defeated in straight sets in her first match since the shock split from her coach. Surprising but not really.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Nervy moments to finish it off, but straight forward win for Felix over Fognini in Rio. For the moment he's in the top 100 in the live rankings.

Schnur had an expected letdown after his long week, losing today at Delray Beach. Polansky lost aswell.

Bouchard lost in the second round today in Dubai against Halep. It was a pretty close match.

Denis up tomorrow in Marseille.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Felix will play his QF tonight in Rio against Munar. He lost to Munar twice last year, both on clay, so we'll see if Felix can get him back tonight. Munar is another young guy (only 21), so we'll probably see these two against each other plenty times in the future.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Somehow, TSN decided to not show the Felix match, but it's on their website.

Felix went up a double break, was broken, broke again, was broken, and is now up 5-4 and a break.

And he holds easily for 6-4!!

Felix breaks for 1-0 in the second.

Felix holds and then loses the next game. Up 2-1

Wow, Felix holds for 3-1 after a few brain farts.

Well dammit. Felix gets broken and we're at 3 all. There is a bit of a momentum swing happening.

What a crazy game. Felix was down 40-0, hits a ball deep that is called out but Munar saw the mark and called it good for 40-15. Next thing you know, Felix wins the game and is up a break 4-3.

Felix holds and is up 5-3.

Felix breaks and wins 4 and 3!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
First set to Felix!

Yeah don't get why they aren't showing it on TV. But at least I can watch on the app.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Shades of the 2015 Rogers Cup as Bencic, once again unseeded, once again beats four top 10 players to win a premier title in Dubai.

Can you guys tell I'm still a fan of her? :)

Reactions: kihei

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Felix in the zone again today. Cuevas can't handle him right now.

Felix easily serves out the first set.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Felix gathers himself in the 3rd set and a nervy hold but he serves it out!

Into his first career final!

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Felix gathers himself in the 3rd set and a nervy hold but he serves it out!

Into his first career final!

You knew the big breakout tournament was going to come. Hopefully he can seal the deal tomorrow.

I was able to catch bits and pieces today. He's really fun to watch.

I assume this run won't count for seeding for Indian Wells, but can he get into main draw for Miami?

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
You knew the big breakout tournament was going to come. Hopefully he can seal the deal tomorrow.

I was able to catch bits and pieces today. He's really fun to watch.

I assume this run won't count for seeding for Indian Wells, but can he get into main draw for Miami?

Entry list for Miami was in this week, so no.

Maybe a WC.

He's played amazing this week. His forehand is lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->