Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Saved 2 MP's but won in the end.

Djokovic eased past Dimitrov today. I really think Novak could be a threat at Wimbledon.

FAA into the QF in Blois. Looking for a second straight title.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Felix continuing his march for a second straight title with a straight sets win today in his QF. Onto the SF!

First set was a bit messy but took control in the second.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's pretty crazy that he may win his 4th Challenger title before he hits 18. Even crazier when you factor in how much time he's missed to injury already.

I think Gasquet holds the record with 5. I saw a tweet after his win last week. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Found it:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Well Felix fell short today but he'll reach a new career high tomorrow (#151).

He'll be in Milan next week for another clay CH.

Roger lost in Halle F today. Despite making the final he was rather unconvincing this week.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I see that Felix is choosing the clay Challenger series over other bigger options (such as Wimbledon qualifiers). Is there any chance he'll skip the Rogers Cup? I assume he's a lock for a wildcard entry, and would be knew of the people id like to see assuming I find time to go this year.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Rafa takes #1 again. These guys keep taking the #1 from each other when they aren't even playing!

Berdych pulled out of Wimbledon, back problems.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Rough day at the office for Felix as he is bounced in the first round at the Milan CH.

Just didn't have it today and maybe not super surprising after his runs the last couple of weeks.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Shapovalov opens up in Eastbourne. Up first of course ;)

Let's see if he can get something going before next week. Playing Donaldson.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Denis wins going away, 6-2 in the third. Even broke Donaldson at love to clinch the deal. Very good win against another Next Gen-er with ambitions.

Reactions: Tuggy

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
I have no problem with Serena being seeded 25th. If casual fans think she should be seeded much higher, there's a lot they don't know about how tennis seedings work.

Last edited:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I have no problem with Venus being seeded 25th. If casual fans think she should be seeded much higher, there's a lot they don't know about how tennis seedings work.

Serena, not Venus. I think it's actually ridiculous that a woman loses her ranking because she has a baby. In this case, even as a Serena hater, I don't have a problem with the seeding.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Oh, my god, Ostapenko is going to be so pissed off. She has no patience whatsoever for Radwanska's softball game which she is on record as loathing, and now Aggie has beaten her in straight sets.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It would be nice to see Lukas Lacko, career nobody, win his first tournament final at 30-years of age. He's been ranked in the Top 50 for a grand total of four weeks in his 13 year career, never higher than #44. Up against Mischa Zverev on grass, so I don't like his chances, but I'll be rooting for him. Of course, Mischa doesn't have any titles either, but he has had a more successful career, being ranked as high as #25.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Felix playing the Marburg CH. Just won his first round match.

He is into the top 150 (in the live rankings) for the first time in his career!

He's got a packed schedule this month. Another clay CH next week then back-to-back clay ATP 250 qualifying. After that I assume he comes home for the hard court season. I would guess he gets a WC into the MS1000 in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad