Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Down an early break and struggling against Radwanska, Wozniacki finds her game and dominates the rest of the set, 6-3.

Caroline steamrolls Raddwanska in the second set, 6-1. Caroline is playing better than anybody at this tournament at the moment. Obviously the makeover hasn't been ultra radical, but it certainly is significant. She appears at this juncture to be a much improved player.

Last edited:

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Besides Fed and Nadal turning back the clock, as a tennis fan it's hard to believe that

- Bouchard was ever Top 5 in the world
- Alexander Zverev is arguably already better every member of 'generation useless'
- Shapovalov just turned 18 not long ago

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Looks like Ferrer is feeling frisky, too. Up 4-2 on Fed in the early going....David serves for the set, is broken, breaks right back and wins it 6-4. If Roger starts to play like he did in the first set, Nadal may win all the remaining big tournaments of the year. :laugh:

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This match might indicate how far Zverev has come in Krygios' absence this summer. Nick is 2-0 in matches so far.

Zverev goes up a break and holds on in an entertaining but sloppy set, 6-4. Looks like Nick still has a hip problem, though, as he has taken a long medical time out.

2nd set: Nick moving a little gingerly but resumes play....Alex wins it over a still tentative Nick, 6-3.

My lord, Zverev can play.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Alexander is beginning to learn the art of orchestrating points.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Making it to a third set is absolutely amazing stuff from Shapovalov. Already a big accomplishment for the 18 year old. Also Penny Oleksiak is pretty stunning on the sidelines.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
That Shapovalov backhand is a beautiful thing. He's really got all the shots.

EDIT:

What a match ! 3-2 Shapovalov in the 3rd set, who would have thought !

That's gotta be the match of the tournament. Such a high level !

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
**** yeah!!!! Amazing! The kid has freaking ice in his veins!

Last edited by a moderator:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Holy ****, the kid did it. That Becker comparison of mine yesterday looks a little less far-fetched at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad