OT: All Purpose Tavares Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
PJ boy played everyone from the Isles community and team. Immature, cowardly exit that no amount of rationalizing from Leaf fans can make it look otherwise. Embrace the hate. I am. Another good solid reason to cheer against the ***wipes from the big smokeless.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It is whatever you wanna make of it...ultimately about your feeligs of some person you really know nothing about... A great big waste of time! Move on...Leaf fans know how to do that at least!

And I’m sure you know nothing about him as well. I may be as right about him as you think you might be. Good thing for leafs fans. Go back over to your board and celebrate there then. You’re the one coming here trying to tell isles fans how to feel.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
And I’m sure you know nothing about him as well. I may be as right about him as you think you might be. Good thing for leafs fans. Go back over to your board and celebrate there then. You’re the one coming here trying to tell isles fans how to feel.
I would never tell anyone how to feel...empathy was the word I used.
I leave you to wallow in...whatever you want to term it!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I would never tell anyone how to feel...empathy was the word I used.
I leave you to wallow in...whatever you want to term it!

Meh players come and go. We’ll be fine. It will hurt in the short term because where losing a #1 Center but we’ll recover.

If his heart wasn’t here I’d rather him not be here. I want players that bleed Royal blue and Orange.

Should have listened to Bossy who called out Pajama for being a fraud months ago.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Meh players come and go. We’ll be fine. It will hurt in the short term because where losing a #1 Center but we’ll recover.

If his heart wasn’t here I’d rather him not be here. I want players that bleed Royal blue and Orange.

Should have listened to Bossy who called out Pajama for being a fraud months ago.
There ya go! That sounds like a reasonable attitude. Truly I feel the same way about other players on teams that I follow in other sports...if they don't want to be here ...then beat it! And Yes,Bossy is an old favorite! His words should carry some weight.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Silent Cal

Apr 8, 2016
This thread is on the Isles board and for Isles fans. I'm not interested in cleaning up all the back and forth nonsense that comes from outsiders coming in telling Isles fans how they should feel.

If you want to have a back and forth, go to the main boards.

Isn't this the all purpose Tavares thread? None of my posts are off topic. I am an Islanders fan. So what's the problem? And none of my posts told anyone how they should feel.

Last edited:

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
I would agree you are not an Islander fan and just enjoy gaslighting people.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Quicklime

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Speaking of terms, I see Canadians accusing of us being salty. Is that Canadian lingo for crying?
Like salty tears?
Well, first off I ,personally would be disappointed if this had devolved into a Can-Am thing....and 'salty' would slang for being agitated bout somethin',so not exactly crying!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Isn't this the all purpose Tavares thread? None of my posts are off topic. I am an Islanders fan. So what's the problem? And none of my posts told anyone how they should feel.

You joined two years ago and have 50 some posts... I've never seen you post anywhere else on the board, so as far as I'm concerned you're an outsider, just like the other guys who have all of a sudden shown up as Isles fans but only post in this thread.

Don't piss the regulars off. It's that simple.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
I'll be honest, I sat through and read every comment on this page. I can understand Islanders fans resentment and anger towards John Tavares and the Maple Leafs. But I have yet to see anyone here speak from an unbiased viewpoint.

Look at the facts for a change, you had an elite #1 overall, #1 legitimate franchise centre who was on an absolute sweetheart team friendly 5.5 million dollar deal from the ages of 21-27..which is absolutely unheard of anywhere in this league. Ask yourselves this question, what did NYI management do to surround Tavares with a contending caliber team?

At the end of the day JT is a professional athlete, he wants to win, and he also wants to get paid too. He gave the Islanders nearly a decade of his services for less than half of what he deserved $$ wise with little to no help on the ice. He honoured his initial contract and played to its end, it was his every right to explore free agency and go where he wanted to.

I'm not trying to lecture Islanders fans here, I'm just asking you to see things from another perspective.

[mod] This entire Tavares ordeal has nothing to do with what he did pre-trade. It's entirely about his path to free-agency. It's obvious he planned this next chapter of his life long ago. He led the team and fans in believing he was truly interested in staying with the team. Then he waits until the very last minute to make his move, stripping the Islanders of every opportunity to recoup something for him. It was a scumbag move. That's what's really going on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
So why the long island face then?

At this point? I guess it's because every 3 to 12 hours a new Leafs fan shows up offering us their brilliant take... and they act as though it's so clever and original, which after the first day or two stopped being the case.. it's day 19 now don't forget.. so we've basically heard it all from you, but each of you guys act like you're the first to "clue us in" using your advanced understanding or something..

One-at-a-time we have have proven to you (and even ourselves) that the league-wide reputation of the Leaf Fan for ignorance is totally justified..

A few hours later, rinse and repeat.. NewLeafFan arrives and says the same thing 14 other fans have already said, and acts like he's the first...

But it's alright... we'll be here as long as it takes..

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
At this point? I guess it's because every 3 to 12 hours a new Leafs fan shows up offering us their brilliant take... and they act as though it's so clever and original, which after the first day or two stopped being the case.. it's day 19 now don't forget.. so we've basically heard it all from you, but each of you guys act like you're the first to "clue us in" using your advanced understanding or something..

One-at-a-time we have have proven to you (and even ourselves) that the league-wide reputation of the Leaf Fan for ignorance is totally justified..

A few hours later, rinse and repeat.. NewLeafFan arrives and says the same thing 14 other fans have already said, and acts like he's the first...

But it's alright... we'll be here as long as it takes..

It is quite annoying. The lack of self awareness and tone deafness of the Leaf trolls is reminiscent of Pajama Judas himself. And they wonder why we get riled up when they come here to post their crap...

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
Why are you mad? He's just following his heart.

Everybody knows that John Tavares never once considered playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs at ANY TIME between June 26, 2009 and July 1, 2018 at 11:59am.

And anyone who says he did think about playing for Toronto -- I ask you: WERE YOU LIVING INSIDE HIS HEAD? NO!

So you cannot say that JT already had made his decision ... but I can say that he had not.

Because that's how LeafBrain works.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This thread is on the Isles board and for Isles fans. I'm not interested in cleaning up all the back and forth nonsense that comes from outsiders coming in telling Isles fans how they should feel.

If you want to have a back and forth, go to the main boards.

You should feel ... *backs away slowly*

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Maybe it is, can't say for sure eh?

Just replying to this post since it’s on this page.

You simply do not have the right to try and “Leafsplain” feelings to us.

We have justification for our feelings.

Three choices:
Understand that you’re “preaching a bacon diet to Mohammed” and let us be, go troll elsewhere, or keep being a snotty f***tard about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad