All Purpose Tablet Thread

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So lads, I am in the market to buy a tablet since the one I am on - Apple Gen. 4 - is pretty much out of date on a lot of apps and is really slow to do anything on it. I am not an Apple bloke and was more given this than actually went to go out and get it, but I definitely got my use out of it. I don't really know the market out there except that there are three different versions of tablets including OS, Android, and Windows 10.

One of my buddies has the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 and from the little he's shown me that thing is pretty damn unbelievable even though it's hella expensive. However, I keep seeing Apple come up with their Apple iPad Air when you consider price and all-around performance. Even with that said, I found out today that Google has their own with the Slate which also seems like a great all-around tablet if you include the price/functionality. Doing some research Dell and Lenovo also have their tablets, but each is in the mid to upper echelon of 2K and something I don't necessarily need. You think the Surface is a good get regardless of the price or is the Google Slate/Apple do a lot of the same aspects but for a cheaper price? Thanks!

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If you like the idea of the Surface Pro and having Windows, but don't want to spend that much, you might look into the Surface Go. It starts at $399 and is the "consumer" model for people who don't need it for work. In other words, it's for students and casual users who just want to browse the internet, take notes, watch movies, do e-mail and play simple games. If you decide on that, go with the Surface Go 2 (not the original Go), since Microsoft confirms that it's eligible for Windows 11 and the Android app support may be particularly nice to have on a tablet.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->