Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Chicago will lose the rights to Cole Moberg and Roope Laavainen tomorrow.

Ethan Keppen will be available for the Hawks to sign. Other CHL prospects going unsigned that could be worth a shot are Henry Rybinski and Yegor Serdyuk.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Do Roope Laavainen and/or Cole Moberg get signed today? Both Najee to be signed by June 1st or the Hawks lose their rights...

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I really like the youth movement happening right now

Isaak Phillips
Josiah Slavin
Arvid Soderblom
Henrik Borgstrom
Jakub Galvas

all coming into the fold next season, Phillips auditioned and got a contract, Slavin left school early and the other three are coming overseas...

Reichel next?

Reactions: Muffinalt

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I really like the youth movement happening right now

Isaak Phillips
Josiah Slavin
Arvid Soderblom
Henrik Borgstrom
Jakub Galvas

all coming into the fold next season, Phillips auditioned and got a contract, Slavin left school early and the other three are coming overseas...

Reichel next?

There are widespread reports Reichel is signing his ELC after worlds. I would imagine we at least get a look at training camp. If the Worlds are anything to go by, he's ready to play against men. He's been more productive than Kurashev and Hagel and is getting top six minutes for Germany.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
D908A267-1A6D-492E-98AD-460AA104C6E6.jpeg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
OHL drafts 1st female player...She isca goalie...Sarnia Sting made history by picking her.

NHL chance = zero.

She isc16 years old and 5'7....

No 6'7 goalie of any gender will be given an NHL contract ..

So unless she flows 5-8 inches = not a chance.

Moreinteresting is ifSarnia even puts her on the team...

How do tgecjandkevher in locker room and shower situations?

She says "just treat me like everyone else on the team"..but clearly you cannot do that.

There woukl have to be separate showers and a different locker room protocol.

On the ice...howcwoukd the league protect her from some big lug of a 6'3 malevpkayer weighing 190 ls or more crashing hervnet ?

It is asking for trouble,I think.

So merely a publicity stunt to take her in thec24th round just for some simmer buzz?

Last edited:

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
OHL drafts 1st female player...She isca goalie...Sarnia Sting made history by picking her.

NHL chance = zero.

She isc16 years old and 5'7....

No 6'7 goalie of any gender will be given an NHL contract ..

So unless she flows 5-8 inches = not a chance.

Moreinteresting is ifSarnia even puts her on the team...

How do tgecjandkevher in locker room and shower situations?

She says "just treat me like everyone else on the team"..but clearly you cannot do that.

There woukl have to be separate showers and a different locker room protocol.

On the ice...howcwoukd the league protect her from some big lug of a 6'3 malevpkayer weighing 190 ls or more crashing hervnet ?

It is asking for trouble,I think.

So merely a publicity stunt to take her in thec24th round just for some simmer buzz?

You're expanding too much worry over this. She was taken in the late 200s. The possibility of any kid taken that late in the OHL draft becoming an NHL player are remote and I'm sure there are all kinds of short kids taken in that range. Who knows, maybe she'll grow another three or four inches, maybe not.

If she is playing comparably well to other goalies taken in that range, who cares? No OHL prospect is guaranteed a spot in the OHL, much less the NHL. She can go to training camp and learn from the experience.

As for showers, I don't know about Sarnia, but most of the newer OHL rinks also have a practice rink and and multiple locker rooms between the main rink and the practice rink to accommodate tournaments in the facility so it shouldn't be an issue.

Honestly, I don't really see her playing in the OHL primarily because she would have to give up her NCAA eligibility.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
You're expanding too much worry over this. She was taken in the late 200s. The possibility of any kid taken that late in the OHL draft becoming an NHL player are remote and I'm sure there are all kinds of short kids taken in that range. Who knows, maybe she'll grow another three or four inches, maybe not.

If she is playing comparably well to other goalies taken in that range, who cares? No OHL prospect is guaranteed a spot in the OHL, much less the NHL. She can go to training camp and learn from the experience.

As for showers, I don't know about Sarnia, but most of the newer OHL rinks also have a practice rink and and multiple locker rooms between the main rink and the practice rink to accommodate tournaments in the facility so it shouldn't be an issue.

Honestly, I don't really see her playing in the OHL primarily because she would have to give up her NCAA eligibility.
Don’t waste your time with him

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Looking for info on player who made their NHL debut last season. What kind of future outlook do these guys have?

Alec Regula
Ian Mitchell
MacKenzie Entwistle
Philipp Kurashev
Mike Hardman
Reese Johnson
Wyatt Kalynuk
Pius Suter
Kevin Lankinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad