Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If Regula could even be a solid bottom pairing guy and Vlasic a solid top-4 we'd be way ahead of the game.
the org has quite a few bodies that is intriguing to me. but my problem is and always has been, i over estimate their actual value. esp when saying certain players are a line 1 or 3 type of a player.

i just hope the org can keeping bringing in bodies and let the coaches figure it all out.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I'd agree. The issue is that the Hawks have all of these guys that top out at a #3 level but they don't have anyone who can be a top pairing guy outside of Boqvist. Even if Boqvist becomes a #1D he's going to be an Erik Karlsson type and not a Keith type.
Mitchell has top pair upside imo. He’s probably not gonna be a #1 but I could easily see him developing into a good two way compliment on a top pairing to a Karlsson type defenseman.

Prime Erik Karlsson was a dominant defenseman. If he had the support Keith had, he would have won some cups too.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'd agree. The issue is that the Hawks have all of these guys that top out at a #3 level but they don't have anyone who can be a top pairing guy outside of Boqvist. Even if Boqvist becomes a #1D he's going to be an Erik Karlsson type and not a Keith type.

If it works out that way, they’ll just have to be stacked at forward and in goal a la Boston and Pittsburgh.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
100%. I think he is going to be a star. Technically sound, has size, and is very athletic.

Well, if they get another 1st for Lehner, he’s someone to strongly consider with the Hawks 1st.

Getting star goaltending for a dirt cheap cap hit might help open up a Cup window. I don’t know why, but I’ve always had a gut feeling the next dynasty would be built around a goalie like that.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well, if they get another 1st for Lehner, he’s someone to strongly consider with the Hawks 1st.

Getting star goaltending for a dirt cheap cap hit might help open up a Cup window. I don’t know why, but I’ve always had a gut feeling the next dynasty would be built around a goalie like that.

I agree. I mentioned it a few days ago as well.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Alec Regula!!!....you meam we actually have a dman prospect who can beat goalies with his booming shot?

The criticism of Regula supposedly his skating ... but given his very goidvplus minus numbers over tge past 3 seasons and the trust and ice time he got from the Lo don coaches ,it does notcserm like he is a defensivevkiability out there.

He is now the featired London PP qb at tge point this season...remember he was the #2 dman operatingbon the 2nd pair during the Evan Bouchard years for Londan and he also was oairedxwith Boqvistxablit last season to provde the experienced steady partner Biqvist needed to develop with...So they could be aboaircagin in Chicago

The thing is...even if he is notvthecqui kes dman in the uni verse,if he can mitigate that issue with good decision -making,shot blocks,good clears, physical strength to shove guysofff pucks Nd or plaster them to the boards to bust up attacks ....PLUS beat goalies with that booming shot from the point that seems to get through often...THEN he will ge a valuable contributor.

What I do not see him so is the weak stick check which all Hawks dmen on the current team seem to practice.... that is destestablevto me..I hatevit...way too soft of a defensive approach...Regujs has bug size..so Use the body...heaven knows the Hawks need more of that type of dmanthan the weak waive the stick and fail to stop a rush to our netcaporoach..Got a big body?Then Road lock rushers and shove then off pucks or make them shot through tou harmlessly..The stick check o ly defenders if they are good at it (as Jeith ONCE WAS ..are a model forvtge modern dmen so co opted by many..except that the current Hawks practitionersbof thecstick check only method of defending sonehowxare not very good at it ..so we gotta get more of the other type..So if Teguka can provide that other type of use the body dman plus shoit pucks past gillies from the point (which our currentvdmen also seem to have problems doing) then he could be a greatcadfituon to the blueluine..unless if course ruined by Hawks coaching which still promotes the waivectge stick at a guy and hipe he won't make a play on you philosophy.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Regula does play the bumper on the PP in London.. so the goal totals are a bit skewed. Still it's nice seeing him continuing to get better year after year.

He is now the featired London PP qb at tge point this season...

Pretty sure that would be Merkley.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Adam Tambellini has been white hot as of late for MODO and is up to 26g 32a in 35gp. He's 3rd on the team in scoring despite having only played 35/50 games. Did anyone watch the Spengler Cup? If so, how did he look for Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad