Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
So, Mitchell's not signing, amirite?

Joking aside, he's gotta be the most ready, right? Will be very interesting to see how our D shakes out.
I haven't seen enough of the three to really be certain, but I feel the most confidence in saying Beaudin is the least ready of the bunch.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
I agree with @HawksBeerFan that Beaudin is probably the least ready. I'd say that Boqvist needs to spend a year in the AHL to learn how to defend at the pro level. Mitchell has been playing college hockey and is a year older so it would definitely be easier for him to transition to the pros in the near future.

If I had to guess I would say that Mitchell is on the Hawks roster for at least a decent chunk of next season; I'm not sure he will make it out of training camp, but he will likely find his way on to the big club sooner rather than later. I think Beaudin goes back to Junior and Boqvist spends the year with the Hogs, though the latter might get up to 9 NHL games at some point.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Beaudin 5'11 175
Mitchell 5'11 175
Boqvist 6'0 181

Lucas Carlsson 6'0 190

For comparison of PMD types:

Nick Leddy 6'0 207

Conclusion...5'11 175 IS A ...SMURF dman...Box is at 6'0 181 is still hardly out of the woods for NHL functionality size at this point...gonna lose strength /board battles. .

Lucas Carlsson at 6'0 190 is barely into functional category on "smaller "PMD" types...if Boqvist adds 9-10 lbs maybe he gets functional enough in strength to stay up in the show.If not...another year in junior or AHL..

Maybe Carlsson is the best shot for a spot next season..if there is a spot..which as long as we have Keith and Seabrook both,there apoears to be no spother available. ..and final conclusion:Nick Leddy is "masdive"compared to all our yute 'smugs"...huge difference between 175-180 guys and 207 ...and even then Leddy still not that good in shoving guys off pucks or winning board battles.

Gotta be reLustic folks..

It is 1 thing to draft smallish fmen...but until they are up well into the 190-210 range they are not going to be "ready" to handle bigger stringer NHL level pros. .

So get realistic as to their ETA time for being "ready"..going to take awhile to muscle up by adding those 15-30 pounds necessary.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Beaudin 5'11 175
Mitchell 5'11 175
Boqvist 6'0 181

Lucas Carlsson 6'0 190

Nick Leddy 6'0 207

Conclusion...5'11 175 IS A ...SMURF dman...Box is at 6'0 181 is still hardly out of the woods for NHL functionality size at this point...gonna lose strength /board battles. .

Lucas Carlsson at 6'0 190 is barely into functional category on "smaller "PMD" types...if Boqvist adds 9-10 lbs maybe he gets functional enough in strength to stay up in the show.If not...another year in junior or AHL..

Maybe Carlsson is the best shot for a spot next season..if there is a spot..which as long as we have Keith and Seabrook both,there apoears to be no spother available. ..and final conclusion:Nick Leddy is "masdive"compared to all our yute 'smugs"...huge difference between 175-180 guys and 207 ...and even then Leddy still not that good in shoving guys off pucks or winning board battles.

It is 1 thing to draft smallish fmen...but until they are up well into the 190-210 range they are not going to be "ready" to handle bigger stringer NHL level pros. .

So get realistic as to their ETA time for being "ready"..going to take awhile to muscle up by adding those 15-30 pounds necessary.

Erik Karlsson is 5'11"

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Beaudin 5'11 175
Mitchell 5'11 175
Boqvist 6'0 181

Lucas Carlsson 6'0 190

Nick Leddy 6'0 207

Bunchs smurfs, the lot of em

Reactions: Idionym

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Beaudin 5'11 175
Mitchell 5'11 175
Boqvist 6'0 181

Lucas Carlsson 6'0 190

Nick Leddy 6'0 207

Conclusion. You are need to look at the data and learn how to use grammerly (it's free).

Avg. HeightAvg. WeightAvg. Age
Total73.00198.9126.66
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

They are within 2" of the average and those are inflated because they are from NHL.com while prospects info is from the combine.

Reactions: Idionym

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Beaudin 5'11 175
Mitchell 5'11 175
Boqvist 6'0 181

Lucas Carlsson 6'0 190

Nick Leddy 6'0 207

Gotta be realistic?

You're comparing 18-19 year olds heights and weights that may of already been outgrown to a 27 year old which if anything is an example of how they easily all will grow. These players are simply naturally still growing especially young Boqvist.

Literally Boqvist at the combine measures was still 17 last summer. .. when Leddy joined the Nhl he wasnt 207 or maybe not even the 197 his wikipedia lists him at. He's grown like most players will.

And the people that go to love of these numbers as if they're remotely based on anything is weird. After the combine nothing is official if they did or didn't grow an inch or what their weight at any point is.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Leddy was Kane's size (maybe lighter) when he came into the league. Hell I remember people here ripping his size when he was getting man handled in the corners.

Reactions: bwana63

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes they will add weight OVERTIME ...but NOT by next season or maybe even the one after...Once they get to the show they will not make immediate "difference-maker"impact ...if any do...right away ...it probably will be another 2 years till after their 1st season in the show (NHL level)..

So be realistic. ..Call me when they each add 20 lbs and have 2 NHL seasons under their belts..

Meantime they are smurf pmd's with just "potential".

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Does anyone know of Dominika Kuba like has an out clause to come over for next season? He us still unsigned to an NHL contract though the Hawks acquired his NHL rights ...sort of in limbo like Shalunov...Kuba like in same boat as Shalunov because their existing euro club contracts do not expire till after the 2919/20 season...

If Kubalik has no special out clause to try to make the NHL then obviously just like Shalunov the Hawks would not be able to offer a Co tract till after their 2919/20 season is finished.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Boqvists goal was a beautiful shot and gives a good glimpse of what he can do from the defensive position. He made the quick and correct read he could beat the last forward in the defensive zone the other way and activate for a 3 on the 2. Got the pass on the 3 on 2 and sniped it through the defenders legs for a beauty.m

Beautiful transition game that we could really use here.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Beaudin. ..least ready?How do?

Boqvist and Beaudin both playing juniors ..the former in the OHL ..the latter in the QMJHL ...so comparisons valid..Mitchell playing against st older guys in college so harder to compare him to just junior guys..

Nevertheless I'd we look at measures of their total impact we see:

Boqvist 40 GP 15 g 29a +15

Beaudin 41GP 7g 41 a +52

Mitchell 23 GP 3g 13a +16

Converting to per game impact:

Boqvist .375 G/g .725 A/g .375 +/g

Beaudin .170 G/g 1.00 A/ 1.268 +/g

Mitchell .130 G/g .565 A/g .696 +/g

Adding all 3 measures for each:

Total value score:

Boqvist 1.475 /g
Beaudin 2.438 /g
Mitchell 1.391/g

Again ...comparison of the 2 juniors is most appropriate ...but intestine to see Mitchell's total value score at the college level..
He no doubt would have a higher total
Value score if he were on Lindon or Drummondville. Both those junior teams are top contende.rsfor their league championships .. But still would Mitchell be atthe level of over a full value point better than Beaudin if he were in juniors?

Thus to claim Beaudin is least ready is a bit disingenuous. .His total score value is through the roof!

If anything we might conclude that at this stage Boqvist is probably the least ready ...and considering he is the youngest of this trio,that is probably the wisest conclusion..By this time next season perhaps his total value score if he remained in juniors with I'll match Beaudin or surpass it.

In my opinion ..both Beaudin and Boqvist will need at least another season before ready for the show ...both need to add strength and another year of maturing...It is hard for any dean straight from juniors...

So both probably need a year in Rochford. .though Boqvist after 1 more in London might be show ready too. BUT I do not think either should be thrown to the NHL wolves too early. .so not next season.

Mitchell even needs either 1 more year in Denver or a year in the AHL if he leaves school..

I like an these prospects bit do not think any of them are NHL ready.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Woah that's incredible news. I wasn't expecting him to be back so soon. Hopefully it's a speedy recovery for him!

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Highmore is not playing tonight but has practiced with the hogs.

Barratt was injured by an elbow to the face. No update on his status.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
FYI....remember that report that Dallas had signed Tye Felhaber the 20 yr old overage who was going at over a goal a game at the time of the Apia rent signing?Well I kept looking for an NHL registered contract but so far ...nothing good telling us he has one ..Usually Elite Prospects shows who owns the rights if under contract and when the contract expires..but ..Nothing good. ...was it just a false rumour by the guy who covers the Stars for The Athletic? Is he then still a free agent?Or was there merely a verbal understand g he would sign with them at some later date?If there was no consideration paid there is no Co tract and other teams should be able to sign him..

But somethinks strange has happened ..that report came out in early February ..I think on the 2nd...at least it was in the newspapers on the 2nd ..you can still see this on Google.

But it talks hit a snag and he is back on the market then a lot of teams can still try to sign him..Perhaps it just is a timing delay with Dallas though..because as I recall in a discussion about Felhaber and his NHL future on TSN 1200 radio in Ottawa ,the radio sports talk guys said that he would wait till March 1st, because signing after that gives him better contract terms (not sure if this means contract length,higher minimums ,or something more on bonuses? So maybe he has verbally agree to sign with Dallas on March 1st? We shall find out then..but if there was some fizzle in the talks with Dallas leading to an erroneous report of signing back in early February,then he would be looking at offers of other teams for a March 1st or March 2nd signing (not sure if the better Co tract terms begin on Match 1st or only after that date?

Anyway..he may not be "off the market" after all!

However ..a very strange thing has happened since that report that hit the news on February 2nd..In the games the 67s played since,his goal production pace which was ahead of Games Played,has tailed off to where now after last night's game he has 53 goals xin 56 games xplyed...He haa95 points ..so his goal pace slowed in the last 2 weeks and a bit though he has been up in his assists in that span. ..

He has been on fire the whole season upto that pre-mature signing announcement but in the last X2 weeks or so his goals pace e slowed and he does not look as dangerous...Do not know if this is just an invetiable cold streak or something else. IN this span the guys the 67s brought in from trades made to thecdealinebin January ...over a month ago ,Kyle Maximovich and Lucas Chiodo have gone on fire and are filling the bet and piling up points and so has 2nd line Center Sascha Chemelviski after a slow fist half for him *he started Co ING out of his sort of disappointing year back at the World Juniors where he was one of the best of Team USA players. ..Anyway..after that 67s top line ofTye Felhaber Marco Rossi and Austen Keating dominated the league through to mid December when Rossi got hurt but Felhaber and Keating still pumped in the points till he got back mid -January ,and they continued hot as the top line until Felhaber stopped scoring goaks in the weeks since February 2nd ...but Marco Rossi picked up his scoring pace to make up for it. ..we now on the last 5-6 games see the top line hardly needed I scoring as it has come from the 2nd and 3rd lines..Last night Rossi scored Ottawa's 8th goal and Felhaber assayed. .but it was hardly needed as Naxomovich had a hatty,Chemelviski had 2 and Chiodo also scores and piled up points..

It now looks like a deep scoring threat team where scoring can come from any line..

But still ..it would be kinda fun if Felhaber if used with more than a goal a hame..so I hope line 1 gets back to what it did before the announcement he had signed with Dallas. .he was a key driver for his line and his team for so long this season ...it would be a shame if he got cold for the final games till playoffs start in a few weeks.

Anyway...just thought I would post what was going on with Felhaber and the strange case of that seemingly pre-mature report of his signing back in early February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad